Deadline in Manoogian case missed

There are 1 comment on the Detroit Free Press story from Sep 18, 2010, titled Deadline in Manoogian case missed. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

A cousin of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, accused of dipping into a charity fund for her own personal use, could be in more legal hot water for failing to respond to a lawsuit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Tony

Troy, MI

#1 Sep 19, 2010
The entire Cheeks clan has the same ethos when it comes to the law. They continually delay and try to obfuscate every issue. This woman was likely guilty of criminal fraud and the evidence is clear on paper. First she delays any required tax filings for the organization. When confronted, she refuses to some to court. The court has the right to issue a summary judgment for three times the damages or $75K in this case. I guess she could wait and eventually pay that and be free of further charges. My guess is she would even fight that judgment. I only hope the court and Cox are using this civil case to get Cheeks to make a guilt ridden statement or as a prelude to actual criminal charges for stealing from the charitable fund.
Why would a charity need to buy jewelry? You can bet Cheeks will conjure up some pretense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer's rants against gay student not protecte... Jan '15 Xstain Mullah Fri... 10
Skinny Minnie Home For Christmas Jan '15 Amiga 1
News MSU Student Charged with Felony, Accused of Mak... Nov '14 Pssdov 1
News Judge refuses to dismiss stand-your-ground case... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Terri 1
News Lansing teen whose body was found in river was ... (Dec '12) May '14 Sneaky Pete 13
News Michigan ban on same-sex benefits for public wo... (Apr '14) Apr '14 eJohn 7
News Mobile home park's closure triggers housing crisis (Mar '14) Mar '14 Thomas 1
More from around the web