Kiski School asks for higher annual tower site rental fee

Feb 10, 2012 Full story: PittsburghLive.com 68

Worried that the county is being nickeled and dimed to death in a fiscal environment that is only going to get worse, Indiana County Commissioner Rod Ruddock said Wednesday he will ask the private Kiski School in Saltsburg to reconsider a lease for the county's use of school property on which a county radio transmission tower is located.

Full Story
real formersburger

Wilmerding, PA

#21 Feb 27, 2012
formersburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Children, please. Anyone who has ever read a post from me on this forum, knows I have an adequate ability to use the english language and I can actually communicate in complete sentences. I seldom, if ever, use popular catch phrases that make absolutely no sense to those of us over 35 years of age.
So.........if you think you are going to confuse anyone into believing you are me, you better pay attention in your english class and learn to use the language. Really, you can do it. You just have to try. Also, under my name, Dover DE appears. Until you can make that happen it is a dead giveaway that you are not me, no matter how hard you try.
I applaud your efforts, and who knows, if you keep practicing you may even cause me to believe you are me.
Thanks anyway for the compliment. I now know there are some of you out there that wish you were me!(sarc.)
shove your fancy words up your pee hole and set them on fire. you are an insignificant bozo. pffffffft.
formersburger

Vineland, NJ

#22 Feb 28, 2012
real formersburger wrote:
<quoted text>
shove your fancy words up your pee hole and set them on fire. you are an insignificant bozo. pffffffft.
Well, you certainly didn't disappoint. There isn't one fancy word in my reply. Not one. I am proud that you came up with "insignificant". See, you are learning. That's very good. Keep trying. You'll get it.
Now, off to class, little one.
land tuna comma ahi style

Wilmerding, PA

#23 Feb 29, 2012
land wrote:
<quoted text> We have it and welcome them .
great idea. it will only cost the county taxpayers $500,000 to erect a new tower on a new site.
Star light star bright

Vandergrift, PA

#24 Feb 29, 2012
formersburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Children, please. Anyone who has ever read a post from me on this forum, knows I have an adequate ability to use the english language and I can actually communicate in complete sentences. I seldom, if ever, use popular catch phrases that make absolutely no sense to those of us over 35 years of age.
So.........if you think you are going to confuse anyone into believing you are me, you better pay attention in your english class and learn to use the language. Really, you can do it. You just have to try. Also, under my name, Dover DE appears. Until you can make that happen it is a dead giveaway that you are not me, no matter how hard you try.
I applaud your efforts, and who knows, if you keep practicing you may even cause me to believe you are me.
Thanks anyway for the compliment. I now know there are some of you out there that wish you were me!(sarc.)
I wish I may, I wish I might turn into Formerburger (from Delaware) tonight!
realest formersburger

Wilmerding, PA

#25 Feb 29, 2012
Star light star bright wrote:
<quoted text>
get realest
formersburger

Vineland, NJ

#26 Mar 1, 2012
Star light star bright wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny. However, I wouldn't wish that on you! Take care.:)
Star light star bright

Vandergrift, PA

#27 Mar 1, 2012
formersburger wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny. However, I wouldn't wish that on you! Take care.:)
:-)
land

Apollo, PA

#28 Mar 1, 2012
land tuna comma ahi style wrote:
<quoted text>
great idea. it will only cost the county taxpayers $500,000 to erect a new tower on a new site.
So what- Get a good attorney to write up the next LEASE-------
l33t hax0r n00b

Wilmerding, PA

#29 Mar 1, 2012
land wrote:
<quoted text>So what- Get a good attorney to write up the next LEASE-------
indiana county em is going to ignore the rate increase. co solicitor is pursuing dominium eminens, the just compensation for the 60-square-foot piece of land, paid one time?

wait for it.....ready....less than $500.
a couple of facts

Belle Vernon, PA

#30 Mar 3, 2012
l33t hax0r n00b wrote:
<quoted text>
indiana county em is going to ignore the rate increase. co solicitor is pursuing dominium eminens, the just compensation for the 60-square-foot piece of land, paid one time?
wait for it.....ready....less than $500.
Kiski is in Westmoreland Co. not Indiana Co. The school is tax-exempt but if it did pay taxes, that money would not go to Indiana Co. As a private landowner, Kiski proposed an annual payment of $10,000 (75% less than the average paid to county landowners for this type of lease) but accepted the countyís offer of $6,500 per year. Certain municipalities in Indiana Co.(townships on public land) are collecting comparable annual payments for 911 tower leases.

Kiski does not accept any county, state, or federal funding. The school uses no county services other than the VFD. Saltsburg 131 has been a tremendous asset to Kiski. After the new lease agreement was signed in early February (prior to the Gazette article), the school announced its intention to donate the full $6,500 to the Saltsburg VFD every year for the life of the lease. Kiski is making absolutely NO money on the lease. If the county solicitor is successful in his eminent domain pursuit, itís the VFD, not Kiski, that will lose $6,500 of funding per year.
cheatem

Saltsburg, PA

#31 Mar 3, 2012
a couple of facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Kiski is in Westmoreland Co. not Indiana Co. The school is tax-exempt but if it did pay taxes, that money would not go to Indiana Co. As a private landowner, Kiski proposed an annual payment of $10,000 (75% less than the average paid to county landowners for this type of lease) but accepted the countyís offer of $6,500 per year. Certain municipalities in Indiana Co.(townships on public land) are collecting comparable annual payments for 911 tower leases.
Kiski does not accept any county, state, or federal funding. The school uses no county services other than the VFD. Saltsburg 131 has been a tremendous asset to Kiski. After the new lease agreement was signed in early February (prior to the Gazette article), the school announced its intention to donate the full $6,500 to the Saltsburg VFD every year for the life of the lease. Kiski is making absolutely NO money on the lease. If the county solicitor is successful in his eminent domain pursuit, itís the VFD, not Kiski, that will lose $6,500 of funding per year.
So they aren't using to money to pay off the uppity negro lawsuit they lost?
Nosey

Vandergrift, PA

#32 Mar 3, 2012
cheatem wrote:
<quoted text>
So they aren't using to money to pay off the uppity negro lawsuit they lost?
oooooo ahhhh!
Woogie Wasyabodycount

Wilmerding, PA

#33 Mar 7, 2012
Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>
oooooo ahhhh!
oooooo ahhhh-ahi-tuna?
Tunnelton VFD

Wilmerding, PA

#34 Mar 7, 2012
a couple of facts wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely false. what else you heard that at the inn?
Fireman Bob

Saltsburg, PA

#35 Mar 8, 2012
Tunnelton VFD wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely false. what else you heard that at the inn?
nobody at 131 or the inn heard anything about any donation. rumor is they looking into a false alarm ordinance with fines.
Fireman Bob

Saltsburg, PA

#36 Mar 8, 2012
land tuna comma ahi style wrote:
<quoted text>
false. much, much, less.
trailer park kidzis

Saltsburg, PA

#37 Apr 22, 2012
more impressive wrote:
Top salaries from two year ago. IRS form 990.
HEADMASTER
CHRISTOPHER A BRUENINGSEN $198,949
ASSOCIATE HEADMASTER
STEVEN T SZILAGYI $157,418
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
WILLIAM ELLIS $112,518
BUSINESS MANAGER/TREASURER
J GREGORY FORSYTHE $81,605
ASSOCIATE HEADMASTER
STEPHEN BROTSCHUL $79,132
Hurting for that $10,000 tower rent from the taxpayers. Someone must be out of grey poupon.
holy bolognee! and they want to extort money from the community that lost its public library over a few hundred bucks.
Judith the dusty bee word

Saltsburg, PA

#38 Apr 22, 2012
a couple of facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax exempt? Like they pay no taxes? the head guy makes 200+ and they pay no taxes. How is that legal? 131 aint got no donation from the grey poupon people and 131 rolls a few times a month the taxpayers have to pay for this. people say ruddock is getting a kickback to payoff kiski with taxpayers money. good grief, no taxes?
salts

Leechburg, PA

#39 Apr 22, 2012
Just go have that Ed Ramsden tell them off, or threaten them with is gun. He is one of the "special 131" boys now. He will do what it takes to fix the problem...
Rickierich

Saltsburg, PA

#40 Apr 22, 2012
poe trailer park kidz wrote:
<quoted text>
wtf is ahi tuna?
Ahi tuna is overpriced yellowfin tuna, aka. "poser food".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman accused of having sex with horse, dog and... (May '10) Apr '14 good foor her 20
PA House Speaker Sam Smith to step down after c... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Libitarian 5
Rape, assault charges against Saltsburg shop te... (Dec '13) Feb '14 Stephen King 5
Indiana Co. Church Assault & Robbery Suspect So... (May '12) Nov '13 anon 5
Westmoreland County Fire Department Burns (Oct '09) Sep '13 Aaron 2
Don't County Pleas Courts Crosscheck? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Disgusted 1
Family Missing (Jul '13) Jul '13 Nick 2

Indiana County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE