Sebastian man struck and killed in northern Indian River County

Jul 25, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Stuart News

Anthony Maurice LaRosa was, for unknown reasons, laying partly in the eastbound lane of 87th Street shortly after midnight when he was run over by a 1995 Buick driven by 18-year-old Christina Renee Topp, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
flowerpower

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

someone out there was throwing a birthday party, and suppored underage drinking, of which was going on. Anthony and his girlfriend had an argument and she told him to walk home,that they where done, as she usually did, when they fought, and was also asked to leave the party by the guy who was throwng it. WOW good one guys!!!
While walking down the dark and overgrown street 87th ave, he most likely tripped and fell,with his body partly on the road. Shame on everyone who did not make a responsible choice to help protect their friend, making sure he would get home safely, by electing someone who was not drunk, or calling his parents.
Unknown

Fort Pierce, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

You don't know the full story so i wouldn't go about posting it on public news.
SORRY

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

flowerpower wrote:
someone out there was throwing a birthday party, and suppored underage drinking, of which was going on. Anthony and his girlfriend had an argument and she told him to walk home,that they where done, as she usually did, when they fought, and was also asked to leave the party by the guy who was throwng it. WOW good one guys!!!
While walking down the dark and overgrown street 87th ave, he most likely tripped and fell,with his body partly on the road. Shame on everyone who did not make a responsible choice to help protect their friend, making sure he would get home safely, by electing someone who was not drunk, or calling his parents.
If this is evven half of the story the people throwing the party are to BLAME.
VBfemale

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

its so much easier to point the finger and play the blame game than respect the loss of an innocent life, and the loss of a great person. let the police do the investigation and let this poor family grieve, he was a great guy.
Unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

What really happened to Anthony. We lved that young man.
Anonymous

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

flowerpower wrote:
It's crazy how if someone had just offered him a ride it would have made the difference between him being dead or alive.
Brandon Johnson Aka bjay

Fort Pierce, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

R.i.P. Ant love you forever bro
You in my thoughts and heart allday mane
Little Red

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

I came across this story some time back and I too wondered, "what really happened"? Seems like it just kind of disappeared..Does anyone know? The events just didn't add up.
anon

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Little Red wrote:
I came across this story some time back and I too wondered, "what really happened"? Seems like it just kind of disappeared..Does anyone know? The events just didn't add up.
Well, perhaps those shouldn't believe everything the news or internet says. She didn't strike him. He already had bruises set in by the time she SWERVED around him, and called the police. Bruises take at least 30 minutes to set in. The news jumped on the story and made false accusations before her car had even been examined, nor the final reports had came out. There was NOT even skin, hair, or blood on her car or tires. She was the firstperson to swerve, and report the body. Small towns blow EVERYTHING out of proportion, because there isn't much going on anyways. Thus why the news never followed through with the rest of the case. The original state trooper who investigated the scene, and let her go on scene, was taken off the case due to pressure from the family of the deceased, and replaced by , investigator who WASN'T at the scene, and tried charging her with a ticket citation, failed to use due care SIX months later. She requested a trial by jury, under the thought that they were trying to railroad her, because even though the police reports stated his injuries were caused by a larger size SUV or ,truck, her insurance issued a claim check, and his family refused to take it. More than likely with the thought that they could get more if she was found guilty. Luckily, the judge didn't like the fact that he said almost the same thing as her statement and leaving it with after the SUV passed her, she had approx. 10 seconds from when she saw what she initially thought to be a trash bag on the side of the narrow road, and began to swerve around it before realizing what it was. Her two passengers both did not see him, and even while she's jumping out of her car, screaming,'call 911! Someone is on the road'. The judge eloquently told the state trooper he was a moron for trying to put her through this six months later, and found her NOT guilty. Stating she did everything she could in her power, and what did the trooper want her to do? Pick the car up, and fly it? Yet the small towns of vero & Sebastian ostracized her thanks to false news reports, but never a follow up. What a shocker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indian River County Discussions

Search the Indian River County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sebastian's Kaitlyn Hunt released from jail | P... Dec '13 Juan 1
More than 140,000 sign online petition suportin... (May '13) Nov '13 Juan 10
Kaitlyn Hunt: Obsessed Lesbian Predator? (Aug '13) Oct '13 Juan 10
Kaitlyn Hunt: Back behind bars for her continue... (Aug '13) Sep '13 flbadcatowner 3
Florida gay teen rejects plea deal (May '13) Sep '13 Gremlin 52
Kaitlyn Hunt back in jail (Aug '13) Aug '13 Juan 1
Attorney for Kaitlyn Hunt criticizes prosecutor... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Juan 5
•••
•••
•••
•••