4-year-old wanders outside, hit by truck

Indian River County Sheriff's officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding how a 4-year-old girl apparently wandered outside her home early Tuesday and ran into a passing pickup truck, a sheriff's ... Full Story
concerned one

Miami, FL

#29 Oct 7, 2008
A Gentle Rose in Boca wrote:
Does anyone know the root cause of this???
Please!! Anyone??
So many unanswered questions. If only there was someone....a caring one...who could inform us.
Root Cause: AUTO VEHICLES
Here we go some more (again)...
Where it will stop, NOBODY knows
concerned one

Miami, FL

#30 Oct 7, 2008
Dan From Boston wrote:
Any Why Can't Gay People Adopt ?
I was adopted by homoes.'Nuff said.
Sad

Pompano Beach, FL

#32 Oct 7, 2008
Just like children dying each day drowning in a pool. There are safety codes when you build a pool, you must have door alarms, fences, baby fences, this is the same senario. They sell locks at home depot and hardware stores that should be alarmed when a child is inside and should not be outside. They are about $5-$10 and there are locks for a couple of bucks that go on top of the door frame, no young child can open the door. Isn't the life of a child worth $10 to install these simple locks??? My friend had them on his doors and I couldn't even get out. A little safety and responsibility people. I take better care of my dog than these people do their children. I just don't get it. You have children but you don't take precautions to save their little lives. What's up with that. A simple door alarm or top lock so they can't get out and drown in a pool or go in the street. Thank God the little kid is OK and you can't blame the driver, he's on the street, these kids bolt out from between cars and run in the street. Streets are for cars!!!!
lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#33 Oct 7, 2008
She ran into the pickup truck? Any damage to the truck?
Cleo

Pompano Beach, FL

#34 Oct 7, 2008
Bernice Fish wrote:
<quoted text>
How ridiculous. I used to walk to school by myself when I was five, and before that I played outside without supervision. Of course, that was before there were motorized vehicles.
Weren't you afraid of the chariots?
Mr Y2K

Deerfield Beach, FL

#35 Oct 7, 2008
bubba wrote:
MEXICANS !!!
<quoted text>
Laotians!
Fl Native

AOL

#36 Oct 7, 2008
"i'm runnin', runnin' "
THUD
"what wus dat?"
Mr Y2K

Deerfield Beach, FL

#37 Oct 7, 2008
Pete wrote:
Where's Concerned (IQ of) One?
I heard he won $250,000 in Fantasy Five which assisted him in FINALLY getting a date, short though it may be...
Whitey

United States

#38 Oct 7, 2008
How about this----STOP HAVING KIDS FOR 10 YEARS....

“The Homies Have Spoken”

Since: Jul 08

Lighthouse Point, Florida

#39 Oct 7, 2008
Fl Native wrote:
"i'm runnin', runnin' "
THUD
"what wus dat?"
BAHAHAHAHA....if there is a video of this little dork running into the truck, I need to see it.
Mike

Miami Beach, FL

#40 Oct 7, 2008
I have a 4 yo and it amazes me how he can get into things (and out of things) without anyone seeing him. I am not a helicopter parent (I do not hover over my children), but children can be curious and adventurous, which isnt such a bad thing, within limits. Nobody is at fault here (unless they find the parents left the child alone or they were inside drugged up). Accidents happen to the best of families. Cjildren are resilent, ad this child should be fine.
Myomy

United States

#41 Oct 7, 2008
Is this the child of the Negro running down the street at 5 AM with nothing on but a sheet. Holy sheet, that happened twice in a month !
Liberals hate America

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42 Oct 7, 2008
Wow, very lucky she didn't wind up under the truck. They need to child proof the doors in their house. Where were the parents reporter?

Attend church and buy guns. It pisses off Liberals.
Parents Step Up

Delray Beach, FL

#43 Oct 7, 2008
The parents are very much at fault! Part of being a responsible parent is keeping your child safe. That means making sure that a four-year-old can't get out the house without supervision.
Kids do get "into" things...they're kids. Parents are supposed to know better and protect them.
Mike wrote:
I have a 4 yo and it amazes me how he can get into things (and out of things) without anyone seeing him. I am not a helicopter parent (I do not hover over my children), but children can be curious and adventurous, which isnt such a bad thing, within limits. Nobody is at fault here (unless they find the parents left the child alone or they were inside drugged up). Accidents happen to the best of families. Cjildren are resilent, ad this child should be fine.
Brenda

Pompano Beach, FL

#44 Oct 7, 2008
Delightful_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
BAHAHAHAHA....if there is a video of this little dork running into the truck, I need to see it.
And this explains why you don't have children. Don't call the child a little dork. You know nothing about the circumstances surrounding this incident except for what the article has outlined which really does not amount to much.
Barry

Tampa, FL

#46 Oct 7, 2008
We can now expect the goverment to provide locks for doors of people who have children. It will just be another billion dollar program.
Elijah

Branson, MO

#47 Oct 7, 2008
God surrounds every child with his Holy Spirit. The Kingdom of God is for children. It is not the will of God for anything bad to happen to a child, when it does, Jesus reaches out and pulls that child into his Kingdom, no questions asked. Repent, believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Day of the Lord is at hand! The Kingdom of God is at hand!
Lotto results

Boynton Beach, FL

#49 Oct 7, 2008
Mr Y2K wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he won $250,000 in Fantasy Five which assisted him in FINALLY getting a date, short though it may be...
His Name is DONALD STACKPOLE and he won GAS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 08

United States

#50 Oct 7, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
Root Cause: AUTO VEHICLES
Here we go some more (again)...
Where it will stop, NOBODY knows
you are a jerk
Ret DCS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#51 Oct 7, 2008
Sad wrote:
Just like children dying each day drowning in a pool. There are safety codes when you build a pool, you must have door alarms, fences, baby fences, this is the same senario. They sell locks at home depot and hardware stores that should be alarmed when a child is inside and should not be outside. They are about $5-$10 and there are locks for a couple of bucks that go on top of the door frame, no young child can open the door. Isn't the life of a child worth $10 to install these simple locks??? My friend had them on his doors and I couldn't even get out. A little safety and responsibility people. I take better care of my dog than these people do their children. I just don't get it. You have children but you don't take precautions to save their little lives. What's up with that. A simple door alarm or top lock so they can't get out and drown in a pool or go in the street. Thank God the little kid is OK and you can't blame the driver, he's on the street, these kids bolt out from between cars and run in the street. Streets are for cars!!!!
We do not want people locking children in their home. We will prosecute

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indian River County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder-suicide leaves behind four children (Mar '09) Sep '14 brianna lucas 5
Sebastian's Kaitlyn Hunt released from jail | P... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Juan 1
More than 140,000 sign online petition suportin... (May '13) Nov '13 Juan 10
Kaitlyn Hunt: Obsessed Lesbian Predator? (Aug '13) Oct '13 Juan 10
Kaitlyn Hunt: Back behind bars for her continue... (Aug '13) Sep '13 flbadcatowner 3
Florida gay teen rejects plea deal (May '13) Sep '13 Gremlin 52
Kaitlyn Hunt back in jail (Aug '13) Aug '13 Juan 1

Indian River County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE