83% meet test mandate for school grad...

83% meet test mandate for school graduation

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 29, 2008, titled 83% meet test mandate for school graduation. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

At least 83 percent of Maryland's 54,628 public high school seniors have met the requirements on the state exams that are now mandatory for them to graduate, according to data released yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

“Don't protect me from me!”

Since: Jul 07

Bel Air, MD

#1 Oct 29, 2008
Its good to know that only 35.1% of Baltimore City seniors have failed to meet a pathetically low standard!

The Superintendant from Carroll County hit the nail on the head when he said ""The parents have a lot to do with this, the teachers do their job, but we need their help, and we have a great group of parents."

The same can be said of the failing systems but you'll never hear that from a politicans mouth.
Cynic

Baltimore, MD

#2 Oct 29, 2008
garbage in garbage out

Reston, VA

#3 Oct 29, 2008
Cynic wrote:
garbage in garbage out
Yes and no. You can teach kids that come in unwilling and unprepared to learn. However, they may be quite capable of learning if somebody at home cared.

Reston, VA

#4 Oct 29, 2008
CORRECTION!

You CAN'T teach kids that come in unwilling and unprepared to learn. However, they may be quite capable of learning if somebody at home cared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Within integrated schools, de facto segregation... Mar 27 noobieR 1
News Illegal Immigration Advocates Trying to Make Ma... Mar '17 kyman 5
News Immigration debate moves to Howard County as po... Jan '17 tomin cali 1
Howard County Arrest Records and Criminal Mugshots (Oct '16) Oct '16 Jim 2
News Chambersburg man finds grave of ancestor, a Civ... (Apr '08) Sep '16 Flesticle5Squubny 17
Bookbags in school (Sep '16) Sep '16 DeanT 1
News Columbia teen, sentenced in 2008 for shooting S... (Aug '10) Dec '15 His BFF 4
More from around the web