Pedestrian fatally stuck in Columbia

Pedestrian fatally stuck in Columbia

There are 5 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jan 8, 2008, titled Pedestrian fatally stuck in Columbia. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

A pedestrian trying to cross Cradlerock Way in Columbia's Owen Brown village was hit by a passing minivan last night and died an hour later, according to Howard County police.

Thomas William Beline, 93, of the 7000 block Cradlerock Way, was wearing dark clothing and tried to cross the road at Dockside Lane, near Lake Elkhorn, about 7:30 p.m., police said.

He was hit by a 2003 Dodge Caravan driven by Sheryl Sreeram, 34, of Ellicott City, who stopped and called for help, according to police. She was not injured. Beline was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where he died, police said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

i know this woman

Baltimore, MD

#1 Mar 14, 2008
She's a bad driver to begin with!!!!
Crusher

Redmond, WA

#2 Mar 14, 2008
There are no pedestrians. There are only drivers and targets.
i know this woman too

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Mar 16, 2008
first of all, EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES! second of all, she is not a bad driver. you probably don't know how hard it is to deal with something like this. so before you start running your mouth KNOW THE FACTS!
Pedestrian Accident

Baltimore, MD

#4 Mar 17, 2008
I agree with the poster from Jacksonville. It was an accident and unfortunately the pedestrian struck was killed. How is it the driver's fault if he is wearing all dark clothing ? Common sense tells you that you need to wear reflective clothing when you walk along a roadway at night. This driver now has to live with the fact that she killed someone even though it's not her fault. Don't crucify someone for something they had no intention of doing in the first place.
Runner

Rockville, MD

#5 Mar 22, 2008
I see pedestrians/runners all the time wearing inappropriate clothing for conditions. A couple of runners I see fairly regularly wouldn't know a reflector vest if it hit 'em in the face. These are people out on the road (sidewalks are either non-existent or unusable) at 5:30 in the morning. Some dress as if they're trying to camouflage themselves - grey sweats or other dark clothing. Even light colors are not much good that time of morning if they are not reflective.

It is unfortunate that this lady had to die, but the police report will say "pedestrian error".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Immigration debate moves to Howard County as po... Jan 3 tomin cali 1
Howard County Arrest Records and Criminal Mugshots Oct '16 Jim 2
News Chambersburg man finds grave of ancestor, a Civ... (Apr '08) Sep '16 Flesticle5Squubny 17
Bookbags in school Sep '16 DeanT 1
News Columbia teen, sentenced in 2008 for shooting S... (Aug '10) Dec '15 His BFF 4
River Hill or Centennial High School? (Nov '14) Sep '15 LadyInMaryland 4
DMV's Finest - Basketball Team Competing for Za... (May '15) May '15 DMVsFinest 1
More from around the web