Long Reach -- Plagued With Crime, Business Closings -- Poised for Makeover

Dec 16, 2011 Full story: Patch.com

Hard hit by Safeway's closing last month and several high-profile crime events nearby, Long Reach Village Center unveils a makeover in the next few weeks that includes: An international market to replace Safeway New restaurants from Subway to exotic Caribbean New offices for dental work and after-school programs A new eatery called Pizza, Indian ... (more)

Full Story
cmm

Elkridge, MD

#1 Dec 16, 2011
There is a Howard County Police Dept. satellite station at Long Reach Village Center. You would think that the crime rate would decline at the shopping center, not increase.
my name peggy

United States

#2 Dec 18, 2011
What do you expect with a police force worse than on Reno 911?
Fitus T Bluster

Zellwood, FL

#3 Dec 18, 2011
anyplace you have section 8 slugs you have high crime.
my bame peggy

Baltimore, MD

#4 Dec 25, 2011
The Howard County Heat is horrible. I was trying to operate as a cabdriver with only one cab under a permit from Ellicot City, Howard County but the head of the Hoco peremits took an intense hatred of me. Without explaining why she decided to make it hard for me to continue. For instance, I was dragged into circuit court, which is intended for serous cases, for UNDERCHARGING a customer! I came in to contact with the a night watchman and was charging him half fare hoping I could get some somebody who needed a ride at stupid o'clock in the morning. The judge threw the case out. The police should have left me alone for that one. I was refused a permit and then had to go to court for violation of an ordinance concerning permitholders operating without a permit!. Purest gobbledigook. The police showed I was not a permitholder thus showing support for my side. My lawyer kept silent and at the end told the judge that I was not guilty of operating without a permit because I did not have a permit. To be guilty the police should have showed that I did have a Permit and then I could have been prosecuted for being a permitholder operating without a permit. I have had to go to traffic coulrt for a speeding ticket involving illegible signs. Maryland article 21 section201 says hidden signs i.e. illegible signs can not be used to write tickets. Sides, he was wrting tickets with his radar pointed at a nearby interstate. Ticket dismissed. I got hit by a car going the wrong way and wandering all over the intersection. the cop said it was my fault and tried to stop me from photographing the scene. The other driver had done simething earlier to his car. I got more.
BJ McKellar

Columbia, MD

#5 Dec 27, 2011
We do Property Management in this area, and section 8 is not the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Men Sexually Harassing Women throughout M... Oct 22 Anonymous34 1
Fulton community to testify against proposed co... Sep '14 ctider 1
Vendor & Craft Event (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jamille 1
Board of Elections declines to certify comprehe... (Nov '13) Dec '13 Smith Mike 2
Maryland: Speed Camera Set On Fire, Spraypainte... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing 1
Columbia teen, sentenced in 2008 for shooting S... (Aug '10) Apr '13 Anonymous 3
Ellicott City or Fulton? (Feb '13) Feb '13 Duke 1

Howard County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE