Try something new this summer

Try something new this summer

Posted in the Howard County Forum

Amy Linderman

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Feb 21, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment of your time and tell you about something really cool my family did last summer. My friend April told me about an exchange program she was planning on participating in. We both ended up hosting 2 students from Korea for 3 weeks. What a great experience for both of our families! April loved the program so much she is now a community coordinator for EF Educational Exchange and looking to place some international students in Howard County this summer for an intense English learning program. The program we participated in last summer was only for Korean students. This year, we've found a program that bring kids over from many countries.(I'm especially excited about this, as are Emily and Garrett looking forward to some help with their Spanish) There are two sessions and each session the kids will be here for 3 weeks each session. The kids are in classes from 8am to 5:30pm M-F. Hosts are asked to provide transportation to and from a central location for their classes, a bed and 3 meals a day.

We loved the experience of learning more about another culture and teaching the boys what "American teenagers" do for fun. It was an experience we'll treasure and always remember.
This may be a good fit for you or for someone you know. If you'd like to know more, please feel free to email me or call me for more details. Please pass my info along to anyone who you think would enjoy this program. You can check out the EF website here: http://www.ef.com/us-home/

Thanks so much!
感謝&# 36889;麼多
merci beaucoup
Vielen Dank
grazie tanto
덕분&# 50640; 많은
muchas gracias
Tack så mycket

For more info Contact Amy Linderman@ alinderman@verizon.net

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DMV's Finest - Basketball Team Competing for Za... May '15 DMVsFinest 1
News Former nonprofit CEO pleads guilty to diverting... Mar '15 Frances 1
News Senior living caretaker indicted in abuse of el... Mar '15 Jaden 1
River Hill or Centennial High School? (Nov '14) Feb '15 Claire D 2
Stepparent Support Group (Nov '14) Nov '14 Wonder Woman 1
howard county homeschooling community (Nov '14) Nov '14 HCHomeschooler 1
News Fulton community to testify against proposed co... (Sep '14) Sep '14 ctider 1
More from around the web