Dothan Will Need a New Water Supply O...

Dothan Will Need a New Water Supply Option in the Next Few Years

There are 4 comments on the WTVY Dothan story from Sep 28, 2011, titled Dothan Will Need a New Water Supply Option in the Next Few Years. In it, WTVY Dothan reports that:

Over the past couple of years, employees with the city and Houston County, have worked together to come up with ways to get more water into Dothan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVY Dothan.

dothans water

Dothan, AL

#1 Oct 3, 2011
well my friends just short and sweet back in the year maybe 1984 or maybe 85 .dothan had a good chance to get more water from the columbia dam and even making a water tretment plant to get a big water line from the dam to dothan.test were done. i knew the things that were done they even drill some test holes also.they even was talk about making some power over there at columbia dam. now at times dothan lets the small towns get water from them.i dont know how much the test cost. but i had good imf. on all of this and was even ask how would i like to work at the place.but now with all the malls and new houses, and all the water taps for the sprinkler systems all over dothan maybe those 2 inch taps and 1 inch taps maybe this is why this is so important. that should maybe had been done then and maybe dothan would not have to have odd or even to water your place. to the best of my knowledge this is what i remember. i think maybe all of the dept. heads maybe new this but who stopped this project you find that out! i know they or new people working at the round house now but why make a sprinkler tap and can maybe run it only when its odd or even days .wake up people dothan needs something to keep dothan growing. dothan got big and you look back now why not was this stuff done years ago .
commissioner albert

Dothan, AL

#2 Oct 5, 2011
kirkland its great that you care for dothan. all of my family, was born here and my grandfather and grandmother also went to southside baptist church but. if want to see dothan grow the water is a subject that might hold up donthans growth. my father work at the civic center most of his time with dothan. he retired and also work at the electric dept.for almost 18 years then he work at the office at the civic center he is deceased now. all our family work with the city of dothan thats 3 generations of our family that were employed by the city. what i think is dothan needs more water if you want dothan to grow more you know to start working on the water system now were it can maybe stay up with dothans growth. iam sure you knew my grandfather and myfather and i can remember how small dothan was at 1 time . keep up the good work glad to have you as a city commissioner of dothan. they alot of good people working with the city of dothan now and way back there in past years.good luck old city worker here never thought i see the city get so big so fast.
mr commissioner albert

Dothan, AL

#3 Oct 14, 2011
hope you read the post i know more about dothans needs hope you look and see what is needed now in dothan.
just need some water

Dothan, AL

#4 Oct 19, 2011
dothan you got any extra water maybe we can have a glass full.we live out in the wild and our pump has gone dry maybe we can get a bucket of water from yall .you are good people all we maybe need is a glass full. thanks old man from east side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities capture inmate who escaped from Mon... (Aug '16) Apr '17 Captured phartz 2
News Sheriff Department Has Foot Chase On Harrison Road (Jun '16) Jun '16 Dell Gamble 1
News Drug Take-Back Box to be Available to the Public (Apr '16) Apr '16 Poole 1
News Alabama police officer who fatally shot soverei... (Jul '15) Jul '15 LilaMarie 1
Houston County authorities searching for missin... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Rene 1
help find this criminal (Nov '14) Nov '14 Jessi Sharpe1964 1
History help please. Power dam rd (Jun '13) Aug '14 bbix 2
More from around the web