Holt County country roads

Holt County country roads

Posted in the Holt County Forum

bpi

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Jan 6, 2010
Why is it that for some they get their gravel roads maintained and cleared of any snow drifts. They get special previlages to use bull dozers to clear their County roads from house to hwy.
While, I am made a Path to go over corn fields. Several phone calls made and personal visits result in nothing more being done than another path made in a corn field, this is their idea of OK, it's done. "We were told by one person on the board... I don't mind you driving on the field". Besides, the point!
We have't had trash picked up prior to Christmas. I can't get propane delivered, and we are just about out. I don't get UPS packages delivered I have to go to town to pick them up. I have to drive a small car over the corn stalks. We used our four wheel so we could get my mother out to E.R. "due to her heart". We did not know if the ambulance would make it through the corn field.
Still, our road is not cleared! It's been how many weeks since the snow storm? I feel strongly this is discrimination. Not to mention the hardship that is befalling us because of their lack of concern or consideration.
Who is going to repair our truck? We can no longer drive it, U joints out. Who is going to repair my low sitting car when damages come to it from driving over these corn fields to get to the hwy? UPS, trashman, and Propane company won't drive on field because of fear of being stuck.
b&p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holt County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prosecutor: Missouri trooper acted lawfully in ... (Mar '13) May '13 Voice of reason 4
New drug officer around (Feb '12) Apr '12 Moe 2
News Men Charged in Craig Raid (Jan '12) Feb '12 Big D 2
News Missing trooper's body recovered (Jan '12) Jan '12 anon 1
News Opinion: Corps' non-structural flood-control re... (Oct '11) Nov '11 studly 3
News Levees in Northern Missouri Breached, Overtopped (Jun '11) Jun '11 Diane from Missouri 2
Does anyone know what Jason Sipes is up to thes... (Dec '07) Feb '09 Courious Citizen 2