Seven Horses Recovering from Severe S...

Seven Horses Recovering from Severe Starvation

There are 7 comments on the WJHG-TV Panama City story from Mar 6, 2012, titled Seven Horses Recovering from Severe Starvation. In it, WJHG-TV Panama City reports that:

Marianna- Seven horses found abandoned on a farm in Holmes County last week are facing a long road to recovery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJHG-TV Panama City.

disgusted

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#1 Mar 6, 2012
And nobodys being prosecuted because the local law says it cost too much. Good God. State Attorney does the prosecuting. Do your job, Holmes County deputies.
Horse Sence

Panama City Beach, FL

#2 Mar 6, 2012
disgusted wrote:
And nobodys being prosecuted because the local law says it cost too much. Good God. State Attorney does the prosecuting. Do your job, Holmes County deputies.
Go buy'em hay and don't worry about it!
disgusted

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#3 Mar 6, 2012
Why pick and choose what crime you arrest for? Do your job. Thats like saying dont arrest the drunk driver just keep driving him home and enabling him to commit the crime and put people in harms way. Ignarant
Horse Sense

Panama City Beach, FL

#4 Mar 6, 2012
disgusted wrote:
Why pick and choose what crime you arrest for? Do your job. Thats like saying dont arrest the drunk driver just keep driving him home and enabling him to commit the crime and put people in harms way. Ignarant
Why is it someone mistreats a dog , horse , cat, or any other animal and everybody goes crazy, then someone mistreats a child and you hear nothing! Some folks are just sick!
JACKSON CO WILL TAKE CARE

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#5 Mar 6, 2012
While Holmes deputies vigorously shuck their corn cobs, a slightly more upper class county Jackson will take care of your horses..

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy...... you boys secretly ride those cowboys how bout saving a horse also?

SHAME ON THE SHERIFF, I BET SOMEONE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROSECUTED IF HORSES COULD VOTE!
Horse Sense

Panama City Beach, FL

#6 Mar 6, 2012
JACKSON CO WILL TAKE CARE wrote:
While Holmes deputies vigorously shuck their corn cobs, a slightly more upper class county Jackson will take care of your horses..
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy...... you boys secretly ride those cowboys how bout saving a horse also?
SHAME ON THE SHERIFF, I BET SOMEONE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROSECUTED IF HORSES COULD VOTE!
Holmes needs all the help it can get, we only have two deputies at night and two on days, the rest are Sgt's, lt's, capt's and chiefs,they all work from 8 til 5. The Sheriff never works, so that's the rest of the story. Thanks Jackson, save a horse, ride a cowboy.
Sandra

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2012
having horses is expensive,if you see that you're financial situation is changing ahead of time and yes if people would accept that they could no longer afford to keep an animal and put the welfare of an animal they truly loved ahead of their feelings,be it finding another home,euthanasia.Yes I said euthanasia which is heartbreaking and expensive to do,but its better than starving to death.I gave my first horse a good death.It was the kindest thing I could do for him.Cost me $300 back hoe $175 for the vet.It was money well spent no regrets.Every horse owner should set aside money for at least that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holmes County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Matt Tate tapped as new Poplar Springs principal Jul '17 Happy4you 3
News Man steals and wrecks Holmes County school bus ... Jun '17 you know i am rick 1
Holmes County Jail (Jul '15) Apr '17 Concernedcitizen 3
News Restitution sought in Liberty Hill vandalism Apr '17 Concernedcitizen 1
News Esto Council on properties: We should lead by e... Mar '17 watch 12 1
Missing teen Holmes County (Feb '17) Feb '17 Coal miners daughter 1
News Bonifay to soften mobile home park ordinance (Dec '16) Dec '16 Wildbird 1
More from around the web