Clothing-Optional Pool Angers Fla. Co...

Clothing-Optional Pool Angers Fla. Condo Owners

There are 24 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jun 19, 2008, titled Clothing-Optional Pool Angers Fla. Condo Owners. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

A Florida apartment complex plans to offer a clothing-optional pool, but some of its residents are angry because they said they were never consulted about the move.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
give me a break

New York, NY

#1 Jun 19, 2008
More puritanical responses to the naked human body. These complainers need to get a grip on reality. Nudity is certainly family friendly- go to a beach in Europe and you'll see lots of it. Stop being afraid of your bodies!
phantom

Malvern, PA

#3 Jun 19, 2008
The people complaining should get a life. Being nude is natural, if you dont like it dont move there.
Bill Clinton

Midlothian, VA

#4 Jun 19, 2008
I'm headed down now, while Hillary is campaigning to become the next VP!!

I will give a whole new meaning to "Free Willie"
marklott

Portsmouth, VA

#6 Jun 19, 2008
give me a break wrote:
More puritanical responses to the naked human body. These complainers need to get a grip on reality. Nudity is certainly family friendly- go to a beach in Europe and you'll see lots of it. Stop being afraid of your bodies!
You say to stop being afraid of your bodies. Have you seen some of the bodies, they are frightening!!
Tony SouthPhillyItali o

Allentown, NJ

#7 Jun 19, 2008
Remember! Those rich retired condo-dwelling Northeastern Jews who now live in those Hi-rise Condos in Adventura, Key Biscayne and Coral Gables are so damm stuck up about just about everything that they need to find something to kvetch about and haggle over just to keep their day 'minimally-exciting'.(more likely however it's Iris telling her 67 year old hubby Irv to stop looking at those naked 20-somethings in the pool with his binoculars from the 11th floor window balcony before he has a heart attack) GRIN!
NJgirl72

Fairfield, CT

#8 Jun 19, 2008
LOL, I started cracking up when I read this b/c I can easily picture it.:)
Tony SouthPhillyItalio wrote:
Remember! Those rich retired condo-dwelling Northeastern Jews who now live in those Hi-rise Condos in Adventura, Key Biscayne and Coral Gables are so damm stuck up about just about everything that they need to find something to kvetch about and haggle over just to keep their day 'minimally-exciting'.(more likely however it's Iris telling her 67 year old hubby Irv to stop looking at those naked 20-somethings in the pool with his binoculars from the 11th floor window balcony before he has a heart attack) GRIN!
ABC

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2008
i know where i'm getting a place if i move to florida.
TERRI

AOL

#10 Jun 19, 2008
I AM SICK TO DEATH OF FREAKS FORCING THEIR WAY OF LIFE ON THE REST OF US. YOU WANT TO GO NAKED LIKE THE EUROPEANS? GO TO EUROPE. WE LIVE IN AMERICA, NOT EUROPE. WE LIVE BETTER HERE. CHILDREN DO NOT NEED TO SEE SOME PERVERT WITHOUT THEIR CLOTHES.AND YOU ARE A FREAK IF YOU THINK THIS IS OK. I DO NOT NEED TO GET NAKED TO BE FREE. IF YOU HAVE TO BE NAKED TO FREE, THERE IS A SCREW LOOSE. BY THE WAY, I LOVE SEX, I JUST DON'T LIKE EXHIBITIONISTS

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

#11 Jun 19, 2008
Terri,calm down,take a pill,a diet pill.I think you're upset because the pool is a buffalo free zone.
what the

Midlothian, VA

#12 Jun 19, 2008
stardog wrote:
Terri,calm down,take a pill,a diet pill.I think you're upset because the pool is a buffalo free zone.
Thanks Stardog...you made my day!
TERRI

AOL

#13 Jun 19, 2008
STARDOG: SO VERY TYPICAL. I HAPPEN TO BE THIN AND VERY...WHAT IS THE WORD? HOT. YOU ARE ALL THE SAME. CAN'T THINK WITH YOUR BRAIN, YOU LET YOUR MOUTH RUN.
WHAT ARE YOU TWELVE?
IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME, IF YOU HAVE SOME MORALS AND CAN DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG, SOME BRAINLESS INSIPID ALWAYS ACCUSES YOU OF BEING FAT. BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO OTHER REAL ARGUMENT.
I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE WITH KIDS. IT IS HARD ENOUGH TO RAISE KIDS, WITHOUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH A FREAKY SITUATION LIKE THE ONE THESE FLORIDA RESIDENTS HAVE TO DEAL WITH.
I'M SURE IT IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER FOR THEM.
Sparky

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Jun 19, 2008
I have family in Florida.. people walk around just about naked anyway.

The place didnt even announce that the pool area is going clothing optional yet. and all these stuffy people are bitchin? wtf?
TERRI

AOL

#15 Jun 19, 2008
Um, sparky? Why don't you read the article before bitchin about other people bitching?
The article stated that the condos website stated that they are going "clothing" optional.
The spokeswoman for the place then expounded on the wonders and "joys" of nudity.
(rolling eyes)Where do these people come from?
Joe

San Diego, CA

#16 Jun 20, 2008
The people who have lived there prior to it becoming a clothing optional pool have the right to voice their complaints. It's not a question of "if you don't like it, don't move there". They are already there and I'm sure the lease they signed didn't state anything about the clothing optional pool area. Personally, I wouldn't want my family being gawked at by some pervert rubbing one out.
Sparky

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Jun 20, 2008
TERRI wrote:
Um, sparky? Why don't you read the article before bitchin about other people bitching?
The article stated that the condos website stated that they are going "clothing" optional.
The spokeswoman for the place then expounded on the wonders and "joys" of nudity.
(rolling eyes)Where do these people come from?
Oh i am sorry Terri, SOME are bitchin.. "A Florida apartment complex plans to offer a clothing-optional pool, but some of its residents are angry because they said they were never consulted about the move". SORRY Terri SOME of the people..
"That's not appropriate for the family lifestyle that lives here," said resident Leslie Hill.

Um Terri, I did read the article.
maybe you need to read it again.
Sparky

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Jun 20, 2008
And btw Terri... you look marvelous
Gonzo

Harleysville, PA

#19 Jun 20, 2008
There will be plenty of places to hang your towel.
Mike

Columbus, OH

#20 Jun 20, 2008
TERRI wrote:
I AM SICK TO DEATH OF FREAKS FORCING THEIR WAY OF LIFE ON THE REST OF US. YOU WANT TO GO NAKED LIKE THE EUROPEANS? GO TO EUROPE. WE LIVE IN AMERICA, NOT EUROPE. WE LIVE BETTER HERE. CHILDREN DO NOT NEED TO SEE SOME PERVERT WITHOUT THEIR CLOTHES.AND YOU ARE A FREAK IF YOU THINK THIS IS OK. I DO NOT NEED TO GET NAKED TO BE FREE. IF YOU HAVE TO BE NAKED TO FREE, THERE IS A SCREW LOOSE. BY THE WAY, I LOVE SEX, I JUST DON'T LIKE EXHIBITIONISTS
Wow you would be so welcome in the Taliban.

Oh and by the way, Europe is much more advanced than the US.

We are born naked....THe body is not a horrible thing.

Its 2008 not 1608.
Gunz

AOL

#21 Jun 22, 2008
Terri..........=.........Nut Case
A Nuffer

Hackettstown, NJ

#22 Jun 22, 2008
I bet the ones complaining are the old biddies who would turn men's eyes to stone if they showed up naked at the pool! Live and let live!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsborough County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orlando Man Charged With Animal Cruelty Aug 4 sam 1
News Florida Baptist Children's Home Offers Foster C... Jun '16 LillianJacks 2
News Tampa club shooting leaves 1 dead, 7 injured (Feb '16) Feb '16 yeap 3
News Hillsborough deputies find 17-year-old linked t... (Jan '16) Jan '16 William 1
News Courts seek 24 new judges, most in South Florida (Nov '15) Nov '15 Anonymous 1
News Two cousins burglarized 35 businesses across We... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Gary 1
News Another fight breaks out at a Florida Publix (Sep '15) Sep '15 Gary 1
More from around the web