Former EHMS coach
In-Direct

Columbia, TN

#21 Jan 2, 2013
MLK, DirectFan, Omegareport, and YellowJacket... Its obvious we all have different accounts of Harris' firing/forced resignination. So to solve this, I challange each of you to come out from behind the computers and meet me at the Hickman County School Board so we can find out exactly from the source. Its all public record , and if requested cannot lawfully be denied. And of course the findings will be posted ... Just the "Facts"... I will be waiting for some amusing excuses, lol...
Charles Hargrove

High Point, NC

#22 Jan 3, 2013
You guys want a name, now you have mine. Jacketnest, in-hiding, in disguise, in direct all the same whatever, lame duck, happy dancer I have a question for you. What is your real motive here? I just can't believe you are the good citizen police and you go around on public forums trashing people. You should state your REAL name as I have so we can compare you to Harris or his coaches or whatever. If you are such good people, how can you as humans getting on here and trash an individual who has spent countless volunteer hours for this community and I'm speaking other than coaching? Did you ever think his family might read this? He has kids in this school system that can read on this board. What is your real motive? Why don't you tell us what happened to make you feel the need to be a coward and hide behind a screen name and trash a guy that has put a lot of time and effort in this community. What you are saying true or not is his personal life and is not any of our business. So why don't all if you or probably one of you being its the same coward using different names state who you are and your real problem with Harris. We all know you won't though because you are scared to death. This is your opportunity to step up. You have my name and yes you can probably relate me to my step son who will tell you himself that middle school football and just school itself was the best three years of his life and most was due to the programs Coach Harris ran himself. If you won't state your name, then you don't have the right to trash anyone. Grow up grown ups!
Dusty Rhodes

Columbia, TN

#23 Jan 3, 2013
Mr Hargrove, you now have my name. Please compare us as Im sure you will find me and Gary are A LOT alike. All you have proved is you post on this site using more than your real name. And to answer a few of your questions : Yes, I have considered his family may read this and Yes Im aware he has kids in the school system who may read this. That is why only facts are being posted. My question to you would be.. Did Gary ever consider his family or kids could find out about his misconduct when he was engaging in the acts ??? The fact is Gary taugh/coached in a PUBLIC school , which put him in the PUBLIC'S spotlight. So when he breaks the rules the PUBLIC has the right to go to a PUBLIC thread and discuss how they were tricked, lied to and let down by Gary. If you feel anything posted is in-correct you should do more research and speak to those in charge. The PUBLIC, or taxpayers are who paid Gary's salary and have every right to know what went horribly wrong. When Gary brings his personal life, as you say, into a PUBLIC school it becomes our business. In closing Mr Hargrove, if your step son will tell us middle school football and middle school has been the best three years of his life because of Gary then it might be time to re-evaluate your household.. Have a great day.
Charles Hargrove

Conover, NC

#24 Jan 3, 2013
Just what I thought. More feathers. You sound more like Ms. Rhodes.

“Hickman County Journalist”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#25 Jan 3, 2013
MLK wrote:
Way to jump on the bandwagon Omegareport.....since you wouldn't even know him if he used the bathroom on your shoes.
Perhaps we should start accusations about you since you so eagerly jumped into a debate about someone you do not even know. Congratulations.
Your board is gossip (if you are the director over such a board)- Information contained on this board is not based off of fact. Any random person can condemn or make up anything about anyone. Perhaps I should start a random column about somebody. Maybe reveal some information no one knew about someone in our community. If there are any facts to these accusations, prove it. It cannot be. It is untrue information. If you care so much to get in the converstation, try calling him- discussing the 'real' reasons he chose not to coach at the middle level anymore. Keep in mind he served this community and the children for fifteen years.Of course, who cares?
It's funny how people cannot just be content with someone wanting to move on. For some reason, it always has to be for some other reason. Oh wait....I guess it was a female teacher.....She left for internet abuse. Facts.
Typical haters.....try to use your energy to benefit yourself in more positive ways.
You HAVE to be ONE IGNORANT ILLITERATE MORON. Obviously you cannot even read the posts on this site. What part of the following part of my post do you NOT understand???

"I have no idea if the vicious accusations against him are true or not, so I don't put him down or defend him, but ethics and honesty should/must be part of the job."

And what bandwagon? I see two sides here. And I'm not taking either because I don't know the background, but I'm not too proud to admit it. People like you, calling others "haters" - if you want to "move on" why in the hell are you posting here anyway?

You want a piece of me? Come on, s--thead. If I want any s--t out of you I'll squeeze your head. It's pretty clear I AM the editor - not "director" of this topix. You are just so stupid. You want to get nasty, give it your best shot. You want to start rumors about me - go ahead, you obvi0ously have no regard for truth of any kind, so who would believe anything you say? If you're one of the coach's typical supporters then I can see why there's opposition.

Why don't you go crawl under a rock somewhere and rot.
Go figure

Kings Mountain, NC

#26 Jan 3, 2013
Omegareport- you really should consider getting a real job as an editor. Sorry your previous editor jobs didn't work out, and you had to stoop to this low level forum of communicating gossip. It's sad. Your language is rude and unprofessional at most. I would like to applaud you on your bullying ways and thank you for your kind words. It was very much appreciated- omega report. Does putting a word like 'big' in front of report make you feel better?
direct fan

Sadorus, IL

#27 Jan 3, 2013
GR8ONE wrote:
if u want 2 know how coach harris was why dont you ask some of his players. He only played the ones who's parents kissed his butt. If u or your parents wasnt in his crew you didnt matter to him. it was just a big show and if coach wasnt gettn all the attention somethn changed. he could care less about the players
You really believe this lol so thats why he won like 27 games in a row playing inferior kids on team to make parents happy. You must be that parent everyone loves who has the kid thats not a athlete and you cant see their not real good. No coach that is paid on winning games would do that.
In-Direct must of been your wife that was being messaged supposedly by Harris ;-)
Eagle Blue

Nashville, TN

#29 Jan 3, 2013
JacketsNest23 wrote:
First off I was a supporter of Harris even in his Fairview days. But there was and has been evidence provided that clearly proves he abused his position. As MLK stated anyone can get on a site like this and make false statements and comments about other people. But paperwork was provided to the superintendient and HCSB that clearly showed Harris was in violation of numerous board policies and they had no choice but to act. MLK is also correct when he mentioned the female teacher, and abuse of the internet. MLK didnt mention the abuse of the internet was from messages being sent and recieved. With who ? That would be Harris. HCSB policy states any messages being sent or recieved on school computers is public information. So once again, if you want PROOF and not crazy rumors, contact the HCSB and this thread can be put to rest. My friends with the HCSB told me that after the Jr Pro scandal Harris was involved in and the policies that were violated left them no choice but to give Harris his ultimatium.
I saw my school board member at the gas station this morning and she said she had not received any info on this and had no idea if it was true or not so Harris leaving (if true) did not involve the school board.
Curious

Bon Aqua, TN

#30 Jan 3, 2013
Mr Rhodes....are you the Dusty Rhodes that coached baseball at Riverside High School up until a few months ago? If so, after reading everything about you on the Parsons Tennessee Forum site I would have to say that you have no right getting on any forum and talking about anyone!
Dusty Rhodes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#31 Jan 3, 2013
Thats me. If you read all the forums and my previous post you will see I said me and Gary are A LOT alike..
Eagle Lie

Lawrenceburg, TN

#32 Jan 3, 2013
I saw my board member at Family Dollar and he said it was true they recieved info about harris. Which lead to his firing. And since I posted it. Its true. See how easy that was.
Curious

Bon Aqua, TN

#33 Jan 3, 2013
No, Mr Rhodes I don't think he is anything like you. I really hope you are not looking for a job in our county....

“Hickman County Journalist”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#34 Jan 4, 2013
Go figure wrote:
Omegareport- you really should consider getting a real job as an editor. Sorry your previous editor jobs didn't work out, and you had to stoop to this low level forum of communicating gossip. It's sad. Your language is rude and unprofessional at most. I would like to applaud you on your bullying ways and thank you for your kind words. It was very much appreciated- omega report. Does putting a word like 'big' in front of report make you feel better?
If I offended you, and others, for replying in kind to the REAL bully (MLK) then I apologize. The truth DOES offend some people ... and I don't know what your comments about "Does putting a word like 'big' in front of report make you feel better?" is supposed to mean.

Coach Harris, for any who misunderstood, had nothing to do with the Fairview HS scandal of the early 1970s - and I NEVER said he did. I was there and I know the players, including a lot of the kids involved, who were at the core decent kids just led astray by their so-called mentors and ethical examples. The story was all over TV and the newspapers, some from out of state. That's a fact.

If Coach Harris was wronged, then the community has a right to defend him, not just ignore it in hopes it will go away.

There is information the School Board keeps to itself, sometimes in violation of state law. For example, Hickman Times editor Brad Martin is given an "agenda" of what is supposed to happen in board meetings, but lots of times that packet is missing documents if you compare what the board gets to what Brad Martin gets.

In my mind MLK is the bully here. A very bitter man. After I was bullied enough in high school I decided I would stand up to these animals.
Shay

Blacksburg, SC

#35 Jan 4, 2013
I have noticed you, omegareport, on numerous forums as I have scrolled through today. (I am a first timer and this will be my last time on this garbage.) You seem to be one who thrives on controversy. You get a little ugly and are quick to start with the name calling. You may have been bullied, but it seems rather than learning from others' mistakes you are taking after them instead. As an editor, why don't you stay neutral and think before you type. The name calling itself makes you look ignorant. My advice to you is if you want to be taken seriously, don't fall into this public display of ignorance. Just from these posts alone, I couldn't take your work seriously. Just my opinion...
Teacher

Nashville, TN

#36 Jan 4, 2013
Eagle Lie wrote:
I saw my board member at Family Dollar and he said it was true they recieved info about harris. Which lead to his firing. And since I posted it. Its true. See how easy that was.
The School Board approves hires, firing and suspensions after the fact and upon the recommendation of the Director. Perhaps some may have known and some did not. Both post most likely are correct.
Seriously

Columbia, TN

#37 Jan 5, 2013
Did Shay say " The name calling itself makes you look ignorant " . Is that like the pot calling the kettle black ? LOL. Glad she also said that was gonna be her last time on this garbage, hahaha.
GR8ONE

Columbia, TN

#38 Jan 5, 2013
Direct Fan - Its obvious your the parent who thinks all that matters in life is Middle School football. It doesnt matter if you win 5 or 105 games in a row if you break the rules, cheat, lie or steal you get punished. But you keep teaching your kid winning a couple middle school football games is what life is all about. Then 15 years from now when he is working down at the landfill with you, ya'll can chat about how much winning 99 middle school games in a row helped him prepare for life :)
nunnelly boy

Nashville, TN

#39 Jan 5, 2013
GR8ONE wrote:
Direct Fan - Its obvious your the parent who thinks all that matters in life is Middle School football. It doesnt matter if you win 5 or 105 games in a row if you break the rules, cheat, lie or steal you get punished. But you keep teaching your kid winning a couple middle school football games is what life is all about. Then 15 years from now when he is working down at the landfill with you, ya'll can chat about how much winning 99 middle school games in a row helped him prepare for life :)
Hey u better change the profession u named. A County job is a full time job & has great benefits. They have better business hrs & more holidays than a bank and besides that they have the inmates that comes and does a lot of the hard manual work.
direct fan

Statesville, NC

#40 Jan 5, 2013
GR8ONE wrote:
Direct Fan - Its obvious your the parent who thinks all that matters in life is Middle School football. It doesnt matter if you win 5 or 105 games in a row if you break the rules, cheat, lie or steal you get punished. But you keep teaching your kid winning a couple middle school football games is what life is all about. Then 15 years from now when he is working down at the landfill with you, ya'll can chat about how much winning 99 middle school games in a row helped him prepare for life :)
Better than living off the public probably like you are so if he works with me at local landfill thats good. Plus Harris never said he was gonna raise my child. Pretty sure thats my job he did teach hard work will get you success. So that he can go out in life learn how to get up when life knocks you back you can dig deeper and fight back to top. Instead of having others support them like you and your kids.
observer

United States

#41 Jan 5, 2013
In direct your making yourself and everyone from east hickman look bad. The most important lesson your child should of learned from coach harris was if you get caught cheating you get fired. That is all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickman County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Petition circulating to replace EHHS Head Coach (Oct '11) May 25 Thanks 785
Poll Should Hickman Co incorporate? May 21 truth 1
Poll Should Coach Gary Harris be fired? (Oct '12) May 20 Eagle 1 Todd 58
James Hassell not guity (Feb '13) May 17 Wow 82
Jerry Nash successor ????? May 5 hickman medic 4
bye bye seeback May 5 cya 1
How can a convicted Felon be on a Volunteer fir... (Dec '11) Apr '15 CFVFF 97
More from around the web