Deputy burned by meth fumes

Deputy burned by meth fumes

There are 14 comments on the WMC-TV Memphis story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Deputy burned by meth fumes. In it, WMC-TV Memphis reports that:

Police said Hickman County Deputy Ricky Harness was delivering a warrant Thursday when a teenager answered his knock holding a bottle containing meth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMC-TV Memphis.

Fuzz

Ashburn, VA

#1 Feb 18, 2012
Wow... what a crazy story!! Hope Deputy Harness is recovering well! This whole meth thing is out of control, such a waste of life!
melissaharness

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2012
thank you, he is fine now and fully recovered.

Since: Aug 12

Blacksburg, SC

#3 Aug 28, 2012
Did it make him high on meth I wondered that when I saw it on the news
Melissa Harness

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2012
no

United States

#5 Aug 29, 2012
I was thinking it would have then days on end would of been hell I mean he took what ever a 2 lt makes must be like a week worth of meth
Melissa Harness

United States

#6 Aug 29, 2012
he got a chemical burn and it made him sick. Thats about it.

United States

#7 Aug 29, 2012
Is what happened not attempted murder ? It could of killed him I never heard much about the aftermath what happens to the kid
Melissa Harness

United States

#8 Aug 29, 2012
I never heard anything else either, so I have no idea how that would be charged.

Nashville, TN

#9 Aug 30, 2012
He basically used chemical warfare against the guy Don't get me wrong I can't stand cops but damn that's wrong
Melissa Harness

United States

#10 Aug 30, 2012
I think he opened the door and was surprised to find a cop there, and panicked. I dont know. It was wrong but people make mistakes. Especially kids that are messing around with things that they should not be.

Waverly, TN

#11 Aug 31, 2012
Ya I think the area needs to rethink what it has to offer youth Theres drugs and tv in HC that's about it
Melissa Harness

United States

#12 Aug 31, 2012
your right about that.

Waverly, TN

#13 Aug 31, 2012
Skate park / music area for local bands get um hooked on exercise and art for what 6-7000 $ maybe 10 tops they spent more then that putting useless bumps down the side of hwy 100
Melissa Harness

United States

#14 Sep 2, 2012
yes those bumps are annoying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickman County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hickman county sheriff deputy ABUSE OF THE BADGE (Jan '08) Apr 16 Matters to me 92
Jody simmons sheriff 2018 Apr 5 Dave 8
ward for sheriff (Jun '17) Mar 28 Joke of sheriff 7
Itís okay to be paranoid. Someone is watching you. Mar 27 MJMON62 1
Imagine Mar '18 Former deputy 3
How to become a police officer (Jun '17) Mar '18 James 36
How can a convicted Felon be on a Volunteer fir... (Dec '11) Mar '18 Really 125