Hickman County Tea Party
Concerned

Smyrna, TN

#1 Apr 15, 2012
Okay Folks; We read and hear complains and comments about what's happening in the county and it's just talk. Action needs to be taken. Are you are registered voter and do you vote? Change will have to be made at election time. The Hickman County Tea Party has gotten involed in several issues effecting the county.(The Wheel Tax last year, The Solid Waste which is an on going thing, Zoning Problems, and candidates running for office.) The Tea PArty has two meetings a month: one at the Country Kitchen on Hwy 46 in Lyles.(That's the third Monday of the month; the week before the County Court Meeting) and the other in Centerville at Homestead.(The first Tuesday of the month: the week after the County Court meeting) Everyone is invited. Just come to one meeting and you'll suprised to learn what's happening without citizens knowing.

“Hickman County Journalist”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 24, 2012
It's more important than ever that citizens GET INVOLVED! I've been to Tea Party meetings (until October when a farm accident sort of crushed my leg and hurt my back) and they are for the most part decent people - Democrat, Republican and Independent (as I am).

The Hickman Tea Party did not get involved in the upcoming presidential elections (thank God!) but focuses on local issues instead.

For those who wanted a more conservative Republican nominee, it's interesting how Romney is now swinging to the left to become an "Obama clone."

What many of you may not know is that Romney is a Mormon bishop. That's his business, but - curious - I invited two young, polite Mormon men to my home to bring me a copy of the Book of Mormon and to discus their beliefs.

Reading this book (Introduction, 6th paragraph of the very first page in the paperback edition, I was disturbed to see that they believe the Bible is unnecessary:

"Concerning the record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: "I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book."

Not even John Kennedy (Catholic) went that far.

The Mormons have done a lot of good for disaster victims and they are, of course, entitled to their beliefs - as weird as some of them are. But Joseph Smith is NOT Jesus Christ, even though he set himself up as such with his own 12 Disciples, etc., etc. and seems to think his book is more important than the Word of God.

Do your homework. Then ask if you can really believe what Romney is promising and ask if his vague buzzwords really mean anything. Politicians are politicians. We see plenty of that right here in Hickman County.

Ron Paul is probably my favorite Republican, even though I don't agree with him on a lot of issues. The thing is - he's honest, he's consistent and he's been saying the same thing for 30 years without kissing up to whatever audience he's talking to.

Just think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hickman County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hickman county sheriff deputy ABUSE OF THE BADGE (Jan '08) Mar 19 Framed by cops 85
Single Wides in Hickman County (Jan '11) Mar 16 Jimmy 16
Steve Shaw - Baseball cosch Mar 8 Concerned 1
Possible meth/crack house in bon aqua Mar 4 Bolt 7
HCSD what a joke! (Sep '13) Mar 4 Hickmanite 4 lyf 21
How can a convicted Felon be on a Volunteer fir... (Dec '11) Feb 28 Beeman82 115
Kenny Lynn for sheriff. (Feb '14) Feb '17 word 84
More from around the web