Arrests Made In Spring Hill Pill Mill

Arrests Made In Spring Hill Pill Mill

There are 42 comments on the News Talk Florida story from Nov 1, 2011, titled Arrests Made In Spring Hill Pill Mill. In it, News Talk Florida reports that:

The Hernando County Sheriff's Office served a search warrant at a Spring Hill pain management clinic Tuesday morning and arrested one of the owners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Talk Florida.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Truth of the Matter

Palm Harbor, FL

#1 Nov 1, 2011
Thanks to the HCSO for putting another criminal behind bars. Great job!
Well

Pinellas Park, FL

#2 Nov 1, 2011
Lynn Hutchison, was charged with 8 counts of health safety( having no license) 1 count of fraud and one count of inpersonating another person. Her bail is $50,000.

Also arrested was Dr. Harold Sleight, he was charged with 4 counts of health safety (having no license or suspended) his bail is $20,000.

Hope Management is at 1250 Mariner Blvd, in the same plaza as 5 Boroughs Sports Bar and near the YMCA.

I'm sure they are shut down and will not reopen.
agree

Sun City Center, FL

#3 Nov 1, 2011
Unfortunately this is a big problem here. I saw it on the news, several of her "patients" were wondering what they were going to do.

It is too bad for the people who really need pain management.

I had to laugh at the two who got caught in Georgia who were from here with tons of pills in their car to sell. Too stupid to watch their driving and they got pulled over by Georgia Highway Patrol.
MIKE C

AOL

#4 Nov 2, 2011
WHY DID IT TAKE 18 MONTHS TO ARREST THESE 2 AND WHY IS THE OTHER OWNER NOT BEING ARRESTED? He knew full well what was going on also . There is no way this should of taken 18 months. Sounds like payola went bad to me . How many addicts did these guys make of people and how many died as a result of their operation? The fact it took 18 months tells me this is part of the problem . The Hernando sheriff had to be pushed into making these arrests .
MIKE C

AOL

#5 Nov 2, 2011
When we stop having the FOX guarding the hen house we may see LESS OF THESE SCUMBAGS in Florida. By Fox I mean the board of medicine . They slap them on the wrist and reopen their doors before all the paperwork is done.
MIKE C

AOL

#6 Nov 2, 2011
Besides one republican in government I know , lets thank the DEMOCRATS FOR looking out for the middle class people and having the backbone to fight this problem . The republicans have fought for years to deny the prescription drug database . They had one excuse after another why we should not control the drugs people are getting . The fact is the republicans are for Big Pharma and the medical doctors . The republicans have no use for the middle class . The republicans protect at all cost the high rollers .
MIKE C

AOL

#7 Nov 2, 2011
VOTE OBAMA IN 2012 . The republicans are doing everything they can to make Obama look bad . One thing the reps cant change is the fact Obama took care of Osama . The republicans protected Osama for many years , from the day Bush allowed his family to fly out of the USA on 911 to the day Obama took office .
MIKE C

AOL

#8 Nov 2, 2011
We still have 40.000 troops in Iraq on the other side of the world while we have billions in drugs comming over the Mexican border in our own back yard. Why isnt our military cleaning up the mess in Mexico thats poisioning our kids on a daily basis???? A bust now and then as a show does not cut it. Just who is getting paid off in order for this to continue ??? If the Republicans ever get the house back we will never win this battle . The republicans are even fighting between themselves like children . Vote Obama in 2012 Let him finish cleaning up the mess the reps left .
YATTA AGAIN MIKE

Pinellas Park, FL

#9 Nov 2, 2011
BIG BUT TINY MOUTH
InRealPain

Clearwater, FL

#10 Nov 3, 2011
I was a patient at this clinic and they always were "by the book" and tossed people out left and right if they had dirty drug screens and so on. Here is my question, so the Sheriff's office took all files, including mine, and they won't give me mine back until I call on Monday and make an appointment. Isn't that a HIPPA violation? I never gave them permission to view my medical records and the worst part is that my appointment was for tomorrow and now I won't have my medicine. This is going to put my already frail body into great harm from the withdrawls. I called everywhere yesterday and no one will take me without my records. So what do I do? I'm going to have to go to the hospital for sure, something I really cannot afford right now. I'm so mad that I cannot get my records. I didn't do anything wrong but go to a clinic that I believed was "legit". I feel like contacting a few lawyers to see if my rights as a patient have been violated. I have never been in trouble with the law. I'm one of the real people who actually suffer from intolerable pain after being in several accidents. I'm surprised I made it out of the last one alive. I want to know why the Sheriff's office won't release records until next week. I was never contacted by them and asked for permission to view my medical records. I hope "Hope" has good insurance. I'm definitely calling a lawyer and filing a suit. This is a blantant violation of my confidential health records. I'd feel different if HCSO had called me and asked for my permission but they didn't so I feel almost like my rights have been raped. Advice from levelheaded people would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
true as it is

Pinellas Park, FL

#11 Nov 3, 2011
TOUGH

FOOL STATUS STAYS

TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH
InRealPain wrote:
I was a patient at this clinic and they always were "by the book" and tossed people out left and right if they had dirty drug screens and so on. Here is my question, so the Sheriff's office took all files, including mine, and they won't give me mine back until I call on Monday and make an appointment. Isn't that a HIPPA violation? I never gave them permission to view my medical records and the worst part is that my appointment was for tomorrow and now I won't have my medicine. This is going to put my already frail body into great harm from the withdrawls. I called everywhere yesterday and no one will take me without my records. So what do I do? I'm going to have to go to the hospital for sure, something I really cannot afford right now. I'm so mad that I cannot get my records. I didn't do anything wrong but go to a clinic that I believed was "legit". I feel like contacting a few lawyers to see if my rights as a patient have been violated. I have never been in trouble with the law. I'm one of the real people who actually suffer from intolerable pain after being in several accidents. I'm surprised I made it out of the last one alive. I want to know why the Sheriff's office won't release records until next week. I was never contacted by them and asked for permission to view my medical records. I hope "Hope" has good insurance. I'm definitely calling a lawyer and filing a suit. This is a blantant violation of my confidential health records. I'd feel different if HCSO had called me and asked for my permission but they didn't so I feel almost like my rights have been raped. Advice from levelheaded people would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
InRealPain

Clearwater, FL

#13 Nov 3, 2011
true as it is wrote:
TOUGH
FOOL STATUS STAYS
TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH
<quoted text>
Thanks for your help pal.
MeToo

Hudson, FL

#14 Nov 3, 2011
InRealPain.........I also was a patient here. Half these people on here are wrong, and the other half have no idea what its like. Im a service connected veteran who has battled migraines ever since my military service, along with the other injuries i sustained while in. Since being in Florida I have aleo been in multiple car accidents which worsened my condition. For years military doctors tried giving me first T3's then percocets, all of which I denied because it never afforded me any relief. Just two years ago i turned to a pain clinic when a I could no longer be the mother to my children that I needed to be. These medications have given me back my life, and pain medications were not the only thing they prescribed. I have nerve damage and a spreading numbness in all extremities. Over the past year my husband and I have grown angrier and angrier with every passing month after having to drive for 12 hours or more to find any pharmacy that has what I need in stock. Onemonth after a paticularly rough day of looking I broke down in tears at a Walgreens in Zephyrhills because although they had the medication in, they would not dispense it to me because I did not live within a 10 minute radius, althoughI did live straight down 52. Im tired of the looks I get at the pharmacies when I turn in my scripts, Im tired of the rules constantly changing, sometimes even from month to month but no one ever seems tot know for sure and everyone says something different. I have to hide the fact that I take these medications for fear of people accusing me of being a drug addict, once only because of the pill splitter someone saw in my purse that had been supplied to me from the VA, the same splitter being available at any pharmacy.
ANYWAY, please don't let anyone on here make you feel badly. There is a Dr. Gorrell in Spring Hill who has posted Hope's story on their main website and has a few open spots for new patients and is saying that they are willing to take you on until your records are released and after if you so choose. Although part of me really hopes they keep their patient list small because I am tired of longer waits, I felt badly after what I read on here. Google them and you should find them. The only draw back......they are closed Fri, Sat, Sun this week so you'll have to wait till Mon and then the new patient fee. I wish you luck.
agree

Sun City Center, FL

#15 Nov 3, 2011
InRealPain wrote:
Yes it is a violation of the HIPPA laws. This isn't only happening in clinics that have been raided. I was talking to a nurse practitioner and she told me that non medical people are going into doctor's offices and looking at peoples medical records in legitimate pain clinics.

Offices that do everything by the book and have had no problems.

It happened in her office, when she tried to bring up the fact that these investigators weren't medical people and they had no right to be looking at medical records of their patients, she was told to step aside. Kind of scary.

And this office was found to be legitimate.

This is all because Rick Scott wouldn't sign the drug database bill. Most states have it, the pharmacy already knows what your on so there is nothing to hide.

It would have prevented people from getting multiple scripts.

Both Scott and his wife have interests in pharmaceutical companies.

So instead non medical people are looking at patients files.

It is an a** backwards way of doing things, the database would have cut down drastically on doctor shopping and multiple scripts.

I would call a law office and run it by them, but they (HCSD) have no right to keep your medical records.

Very ironic that people thought a drug database was going to be violating their privacy...LOL...the pharmacy has it, your pharmacist already knows what you're on.

Instead non medical people are viewing medical records.

I would also call the Sheriff's dept TOMORROW and say you need those records as you need them to find a doctor, tell them if they want a copy then they can make one(since they have them you have to play ball with them) but you need the originals back.

There putting themselves into a liability issue if legitimate people can't get their meds.

My advice would be going further RESEARCH who you're going to.

FL is loaded with hack doctors and doctors who have lost their right to practice in other states.

Good luck.
MIKE C

AOL

#16 Nov 3, 2011
I TOTTALLY UNDERSTAND THEIR IS A REAL NEED FOR THE OXYCODONE AND OTHER MEDS THESE SO CALLED DOCTORS WRITE TO PEOPLE IN NEED . I have ruputured disc in my neck and back and the last mri said it was severe degenerate disc disease in my neck . I was taking these same meds for 5 years in order to live without pain . I KNOW WHAT IT IS TO LIVE A LIFE IN SEVERE PAIN. However because of the tolerance you get from these meds , you end up taken much more than is good for you . I stopped taken these meds a year ago because i got tired of the meds running my life . You who take them know what iam talking about . up untill the 1990s these drugs were written for cancer and the like . What did people do before that time??? They did what Iam doing today . I deal with the pain in differant ways . Everyone i have ever met who needs these meds knows the real story of the tolerance and because of this you always run short . Do you think some of the doctors who write these meds care about you and what you will need in years to come because you will never get enough meds to kill the pain from the tolerance after years taking them? Some of you can defend Hope all you want , what they were doing was against the law . Some were no better than the drug dealer around the block . All their BS SIGNS TO DISTRACT PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM THINK THEY WERE ABOVE BOARD . I watched them peddle their drugs for a year and watched them turn good people into addicts . The problem now is the board of medicine will slap them on the wrist and fine them peanuts compared to all the cash they took in . Of course they were only a cash business , no paper trail from insurance companies .
MIKE C

AOL

#17 Nov 3, 2011
The prescription drug database would put into law this year and I understand its on line as we speak . There are many reasons the republicans did not want this database , long story short , its because of all the money people in all forms of the medicial field would lose . Privacy was an excuse they used . One republican fought to get the database and he was 100% right . If I needed these meds today there is no way the sheriffs dept would be keeping my records without a lawsuit . They dragged their feet spending 18 months to arrest these people and meanwhile millions of these pills were hitting the streets. And I think its laughable that they think they can now keep someone who really needs them from having them untill they are done looking through the files . However I dont really know if this is the case as I am just going by what a few wrote about this . I do know I did make a call to the dept who worked this case and the one woman who spoke to me either had a bad case of PMS or she just hated her job . I think she must of forgot that she works for the people of her county .
MeToo

Hudson, FL

#18 Nov 4, 2011
Mike C you are right about the tolerance issue. Just last month Dr. Sleight told me that he had begun to urge people to transition to other meds slowly. Lynn was a wrong, but i had no idea she was pretending to be what she was. Sleight however was always proffessional and nice and only did what Ive seen many doctors do in any other dr office that I have ever been to when they are pressed for time, including the VA and my children's dr. They either have their assistants fill it out before or after they sign it. I fill very sorry for the man, he was supposed to be coming back to clean the place up after going through numerous other drs. I myself witnessed tons of people being tossed out over the last 6 mons. I personally think its saying something that after 18 mos all they were found guilty of was Hutchinson's mistakes, not over-prescribing, not illegitimate patients, doctored scripts or bad patients. The problem is you could kill yourself on every drug you take if you take too much. The doctors have to trust that as adults we will follow the rules. Unfortunately the rules put in place are only making it harder for people that need them, and driving up demand on the streets. Hope was targeted because it was probably the biggest pain management clinic in Hernando. Think of how many people are now out on the streets cold turkey. I was told once that not even emergency rooms would help you if you had to detox anymore.
I dont know what the right answer is anymore but a I've been above the ag of 21 for a long time now and I've defended the people of this country and their right to freedom so shouldn't I have the right to have the freedom to make my own decisions? I'd rather be able to be active with my family now while I can enjoy it then be able to barely tolerate it when I'm in my sixties and I can't be as active with them for so many other reasons anyway. But thats is my choice. I'm hoping that advances in medicine will help to give us other alternatives eventually, but there isnt much out there that doesnt have risks if not taken in moderation (Im sure many more people have died from alcohol or an alcoholic's poor choices but they still have a choice). Anyway, that's all I'm asking for, is for the ability to make my own choice, politics or not.
agree

Sun City Center, FL

#19 Nov 4, 2011
MIKE C wrote:
The prescription drug database would put into law this year and I understand its on line as we speak . There are many reasons the republicans did not want this database , long story short , its because of all the money people in all forms of the medicial field would lose . Privacy was an excuse they used . One republican fought to get the database and he was 100% right . If I needed these meds today there is no way the sheriffs dept would be keeping my records without a lawsuit . They dragged their feet spending 18 months to arrest these people and meanwhile millions of these pills were hitting the streets. And I think its laughable that they think they can now keep someone who really needs them from having them untill they are done looking through the files . However I dont really know if this is the case as I am just going by what a few wrote about this . I do know I did make a call to the dept who worked this case and the one woman who spoke to me either had a bad case of PMS or she just hated her job . I think she must of forgot that she works for the people of her county .
Well I would have told that woman "you're in a county with one of the highest unemployment rates in FL(and FL has one of the highest UE rates in the nation).

If I'm putting you through too much trouble perhaps you should look for something else as you seem unhappy in your job...LOL.

I find a lot of that here, they do as little as possible as much as possible.
MIKE C

AOL

#21 Nov 4, 2011
A WOMAN AT THE HERNANDO SHERIFFS OFFICE CONFIRMED TO ME THAT NO ONE WILL GET THEIR HEALTH RECORDS UNTILL NEXT WEEK REGARDLESS OF WHY YOU NEED THEM . I suggest if you have any family member who dies as a result of withdrawal , which can happen in certain conditions , or any other serious side effect from not being able to get your precribed medications to consult with an attorney right away . I AM HAPPY THAT THE SHERIFF DEPT SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN , HOWEVER CONSIDERING ALL THE DRUGS THAT MADE THEIR WAY TO THE STREETS IN THE 18 MONTHS THEY PLAYED WITH THESE PEOPLE , THEY COULD OF DEALT WITH PEOPLES RECORDS IN A BETTER FASHION .
InRealPain

Clearwater, FL

#22 Nov 6, 2011
MeToo wrote:
InRealPain.........I wish you luck.
Hi MeToo :)
Wow, what you just wrote could've been typed by me, very similar instances with finding my medicines to having nerve damage. My hands are mostly numb with weird tingling. Four months ago, I literally drove to every single Walgreens in Hernando and west-central Pasco looking for my medicine. I'm not even taking a high amount and on the 6th straight day of trying to fill, I went back to Hope and had them write me a prescription for a lower dose just so that I could finally get it filled. I also hate the stigma associated with having chronic pain issues. I have an appointment this week with the new doctor that you mentioned. I'm on the fence as to if I should just call and cancel and see a different doctor in either Hillsborough or Pinellas county. The pharmacies there have more supply due to larger populations. Ugh, I'm really just sick of it all, what a nightmare. We are the victims in this whole mess and are not being treated respectfully. I wish you luck with your new doctor and hope your path to relief gets better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hernando County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
take corruption out of hernando county! (Nov '09) Dec 9 terry 9
News Deputies: Woman hit ex-boyfriend on motorcycle (Feb '17) Feb '17 oh bye my gal 4
Jail Guard Gives Drugs to Imate (Oct '09) Jan '17 Pissed off sister 5
News Brooksville man charged with animal... (Dec '16) Jan '17 Go Blue Forever 2
News Engineer cites rainfall for Holiday hole (Oct '16) Oct '16 concerned 1
Hernando County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest R... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Ella 2
News Hernando, Operation PAR settle dispute over tre... (Oct '12) Aug '16 on the old path 16
More from around the web