Defending Griffiss

Defending Griffiss

There are 12 comments on the WUTR story from Feb 7, 2012, titled Defending Griffiss. In it, WUTR reports that:

Griffiss is no stranger to cuts, having already experienced three and now the department of defense is considering yet another round of belt-tightening. BRACthe base realignment and closures and it's just what four members of congress are trying to prevent at Rome lab.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUTR.

4real

Sherburne, NY

#1 Feb 8, 2012
One of the 4th largest runways in the US largest no the east coast can handle any type of aircraft know to man and it was closed down we have the wrong people running the US
JOE BOXER

Oneida, NY

#2 Feb 8, 2012
4real wrote:
One of the 4th largest runways in the US largest no the east coast can handle any type of aircraft know to man and it was closed down we have the wrong people running the US
they put so much money in the runway on the base in water town .what a waste
HUH

Schenectady, NY

#3 Feb 8, 2012
They never closed the runway.......that is why they land planes on it everyday
JON 1

Dover, DE

#4 Feb 8, 2012
there are NO military planes that land at Griffiss, ONLY SMALL private planes!
Jon 1

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 8, 2012
JON 1 wrote:
there are NO military planes that land at Griffiss, ONLY SMALL private planes!
stop trolling me clown. Fight me at heavy hands
HUH

Schenectady, NY

#6 Feb 8, 2012
People do your research....private little planes and No Military..... your wrong
Change

East Syracuse, NY

#7 Feb 8, 2012
If you people think no military planes ever land at the runway, you're seriously mistaken.
Jon 1

Dover, DE

#8 Feb 8, 2012
Military planes do touch 7 go landings a few times a month. NO BIG Deal. Most of the traffic is from Private -SMALL planes! Do you live under a rock or on another planet
sickening

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 8, 2012
30,000 drones just got approved for our soon to be Police State/Marshall Law Country. So I'm sure they'll be flying covert ops out of good old griffis real soon.
usaf1983

United States

#10 Feb 8, 2012
Pay attention to the big planes that ARE military as ex air force I would know what they look like
JOE BOXER

Oneida, NY

#11 Feb 8, 2012
their are two C 5 on the tar mac on the base. one was in the air today
GSS88

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Feb 8, 2012
Drones have already been on base, they have flown training exorcises over oriskany and the surrounding area. They have C5's in and out, as well as other MILITARY PLANES very often. We actually update some of the navigation software they carry from time to time. They have actually landed a few more interesting planes early in the morning, you'll have to sit around at 4 am to find out what though.

The mass majority of the activity is actually STILL MILITARY - including Air Force One. The small private planes you speak of, are likely the CIVIL AIR PATROL, kind of like the coast guard for the sky - they serve just like a military branch. HOW ABOUT you climb out from under your rock.... How can we have such morons living, not just here, but living in general?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cold Case: Unsolved 1968 upstate New York murde... Dec 31 Dateline 1
News Do You Know What That Monument Stands For in On... (Aug '16) Dec 31 Ie have a job 6
News Cause of baby's fatal head injury still being p... (Oct '11) Dec '17 Mind your busines... 31
News Herkimer organization takes steps toward creati... Sep '17 herkimerNOW dot org 1
News Herkimer County man accused of forcefully rapin... Aug '17 Herkimer Haiku 1
Genesee Brewery tanks from China (May '17) Jul '17 Genny Cream Ale 2
News 41 arrested for cockfighting (Jun '17) Jun '17 Woody 6
More from around the web