Ilion man charged after threatening social worker

May 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Mid-York Weekly

An Ilion man was charged with aggravated harassment, a misdemeanor, last week after making a threatening phone call to a Social Services case worker, according to the Herkimer County Sheriff's Office.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2011
ilion hater

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

lmao... maybe they shouldnt talk to us like we are scum bags... i mean seriously... you work and you sometimes need help with a bill or two or whatever and they make yo ufeel like shit about it... but the low lives with no jobs who can work but choose not too get all the help in the world while they drive there nice cars and talk on there iphones lol... trust there have been a couple times i have been there where i wanted to knock them on there asses...
Mohawk resident

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

so true - so true
Dee Dee Ramone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Would that be Darryl from Otsego St.?
Which Hunter 1000

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

ilion hater wrote:
lmao... maybe they shouldnt talk to us like we are scum bags... i mean seriously... you work and you sometimes need help with a bill or two or whatever and they make yo ufeel like shit about it... but the low lives with no jobs who can work but choose not too get all the help in the world while they drive there nice cars and talk on there iphones lol... trust there have been a couple times i have been there where i wanted to knock them on there asses...
Maybe if you didn't look, talk, smell, and behave like a scum bag you wouldn't be treated that way.

People don't realize how many pieces of shiat those poor social workers have to deal with everyday, for very little pay and no appreciation.
Let me guess, you are that mythical 1% that is a fine upstanding citizen, but were mistakenly treated wrong.
You ever notice it is the scum bags that complain the loudest?
You ever notice it is the scum bags that talk the toughest? Knock them on their asses, eh? Seeing as most social workers are women, wow you are pretty tough!
wrong

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

let me guess you are that mythical 1% of case workers who treat everyone with respect, right? Judging from your comments about looks, smells, talk of "scumbags" I'd say NOT!
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

wrong wrote:
let me guess you are that mythical 1% of case workers who treat everyone with respect, right? Judging from your comments about looks, smells, talk of "scumbags" I'd say NOT!
Wow, you scumbags are touchy! Don't act like filth and you wont get treated like it.
ilion resident

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

i have had my experience with HCSS what a nightmare .my two teenage sons got into a fight with oneanother,one received a black eye and went to school and social sevices came to my home. i used to do foster care ,they knew this and said wow foster care must pay good. because i had a nice home.I told them to leave,what a big mistake,next thing i know they were at school checking my younger children for bruises.then i was told i was being charged with neglectfor allowing my two teenage sons to fight when i wasnt home.crazy I told them they were nuts. big mistake next i got a letter to go court. the case worker told me good luck we have 5 lawyers.she said she would fix it so i would never be able to do foster care again. she said my home stank.big fat lie. i just want people to know that not all people targeted by HCSS are lowlifes.I beleive i was targeted because I kicked them out of my home and spoke up to them and I was better looking. thank you
Seeker

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

ilion resident wrote:
i have had my experience with HCSS what a nightmare .my two teenage sons got into a fight with oneanother,one received a black eye and went to school and social sevices came to my home. i used to do foster care ,they knew this and said wow foster care must pay good. because i had a nice home.I told them to leave,what a big mistake,next thing i know they were at school checking my younger children for bruises.then i was told i was being charged with neglectfor allowing my two teenage sons to fight when i wasnt home.crazy I told them they were nuts. big mistake next i got a letter to go court. the case worker told me good luck we have 5 lawyers.she said she would fix it so i would never be able to do foster care again. she said my home stank.big fat lie. i just want people to know that not all people targeted by HCSS are lowlifes.I beleive i was targeted because I kicked them out of my home and spoke up to them and I was better looking. thank you
Geez, Ilion Resident, maybe if you had cooperated with the social worker to get to the root of your sons' problems things would have gone easier for everyone involved. And why did you get so upset when the social worker complimented you on having a nice house? I mean, foster care is not a crime, and being paid for doing foster care is only reasonable. How about thanking the social worker for being concerned about your teens' welfare enough to check into it? I've had social workers come to my house and I found them to be friendly and compassionate. Maybe inviting them in, instead of running them off, helped, too.
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text> Geez, Ilion Resident, maybe if you had cooperated with the social worker to get to the root of your sons' problems things would have gone easier for everyone involved. And why did you get so upset when the social worker complimented you on having a nice house? I mean, foster care is not a crime, and being paid for doing foster care is only reasonable. How about thanking the social worker for being concerned about your teens' welfare enough to check into it? I've had social workers come to my house and I found them to be friendly and compassionate. Maybe inviting them in, instead of running them off, helped, too.
Exactly, a little common courtesy goes a long way and is something sorely lacking these days.
Tally Wacker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Social Workers??? Talk about a bunch of lazy, worthless,stupid morons, who sit on the a$$es all day long and do nothing for a state paycheck.Every time something bad happens in a family in this country it's usually the worthless social workers failing to do their job...but then again...anyone with half a brain would be doing something other then social work..........Social work LMAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Herkimer County Discussions

Search the Herkimer County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rabid fox confirmed in the area of Newport Jul 12 dairy maid 5
Seward Announces Grant Funds For Local Libraries Jul 7 justice for sum 1
Proposed meat processing plant could bring 65 j... (Aug '13) Jul 2 Valley Hoe 70
Sheriff Farber to run for 101st State Assembly ... Jul 2 soooo 3
In NY22, Republican Hanna withstands tea party ... Jun '14 Utica Lies and Riggies 2
Ilion Man Charged With Forcable Touching Jun '14 Adam 3
Arcuri needs to go (Aug '08) May '14 Anonymous 7
•••
•••