The town that built Adam Lanza's assu...

The town that built Adam Lanza's assualt rifle

There are 12 comments on the New York Daily News story from Dec 23, 2012, titled The town that built Adam Lanza's assualt rifle. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Remington Arms, which made the Bushmaster AR-15 that Adam Lanza used to kill 26 kids and staffers at Sandy Hook Elementary School, was founded in 1816, 36 years before there even was an Ilion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

truth

Somerville, MA

#1 Dec 24, 2012
Typical stupid people wanna blame others for their own stupidity. Remington was not the cause of this tragedy. The parents were. They knew the kid had mental issues and did nothing. With that they should have kept everything they had that could harm himself or others locked up. That family is just like most of America refusing to except responsibility. Very sad those innocent children and teachers had to die.
Omg

United States

#2 Dec 24, 2012
Thank you!!!!!
ok

East Haven, CT

#3 Dec 24, 2012
Remington starting making the bushmaster in 2009 you idiot. Adam Lanza used a bushmaster yes from what year who knows but if its 2008 and back it wouldn't be a Remington manufactured weapon. You people have no idea what your talking about.
jesus

Bristol, CT

#4 Dec 24, 2012
Exactly its getting out of hand up there! They are blaming this town for their problem. Should never of had guns in the house in the first place if you knew your kid was mentally unstable. Im quite frankly sick of hearing about it. Yeah the kids and ppl died im srry it happend but enough with it life moves the hell on.
Seems to me

Minoa, NY

#5 Dec 25, 2012
Seems to me that the Video games these days, are nothing like "The game of Life", or"Monopoly".Those old games of the past taught good Values.Nobody got shot with multiple rounds in those games, and then stood back up to play another round. Heard this kid was an avid player.And Mentally unstable....Good thing he killed himself.....I don't think he would have lived to see a fair trial.
Bushmaster.I don't think so. You take a lot of these jokers.Never been taught right from wrong, mix some shooter games, Violet Movies, glorified death music, mix in a little "he was a bit withdrawn", a what do you get? Look I'm Batman the Dark Avenger!
Blame Game

United States

#6 Dec 25, 2012
Everyone wants to blame the gun manufacturer instead of the real culprits here. First off the parents should be responsible enough to realize their child is not normal enough to have weapons around the house let alone trying to train them in the use of the weapon. Secondly these situations could me minimized if the government opened up some institutions for these problem children so they can be kept safe as well as keeping the public safe. It is clear that parents are not sufficient to do the job. Mostly because the parents refuse to admit their child is not normal. Some day people will wake up but how many have to be killed before that happens?
St Engles

New York, NY

#7 Dec 26, 2012
Wonder if all Remington employess and Ilion residents names will be published in the papers. And will the socalled enlightened left threaten employees and residents like they did to NRA members and their families.
speeder

New York, NY

#8 Dec 27, 2012
Heston said it best: we don't make bad guns, we have bad people with good guns
Meyer Lewin

Mason, OH

#9 Dec 29, 2012
Perhaps police should investigate why psychologists removed homosexuality from the list of mental diseases?

If they were smart, police would be investigating juvenile gay rage as a fundamental cause of the homocidal rampage.

Lanza was a satan worshipper, and satan worship is a typical juvenile gay response to christian morality.

Lanza's mother was home-schooling him in christian morality.

Lanza couln't handle the conflict between christian morality and homosexuality, so he went after kids. Attacking kids is a typical effeminate male method of lashing out.
utica leaders

Carthage, NY

#10 Jan 14, 2013
see link the feds tell the news the AR 15 was never used http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp...
speeder

New York, NY

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Blame Game wrote:
Everyone wants to blame the gun manufacturer instead of the real culprits here. First off the parents should be responsible enough to realize their child is not normal enough to have weapons around the house let alone trying to train them in the use of the weapon. Secondly these situations could me minimized if the government opened up some institutions for these problem children so they can be kept safe as well as keeping the public safe. It is clear that parents are not sufficient to do the job. Mostly because the parents refuse to admit their child is not normal. Some day people will wake up but how many have to be killed before that happens?
you have to go back to mario coumo to thank for shutting down the nut houses, he was going to save us tax payers money, flash to the future, his son is going to be a super hero and let the people get robbed and shot by criminals who have illegal guns, we won't be able to protect ourselves from them or the corrupt state government, check out how many congressmen have felony dui's, domestics, and misc. other charges against them, and they got to vote on this issue,go figure, fox watching the hen house.
utica leaders

Carthage, NY

#12 Jan 15, 2013
30-30 Winchester has 9 to 13 shells bullets under its barrel so this means the repeater is history because its outlawed because it holds more them 7 rounds and if the government doesn't outlaw it that means its monopolized with no competition and a monopoly is against the rules

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Do You Know What That Monument Stands For in On... (Aug '16) Nov 24 Pinhead 4
News Herkimer organization takes steps toward creati... Sep '17 herkimerNOW dot org 1
News Herkimer County man accused of forcefully rapin... Aug '17 Herkimer Haiku 1
Genesee Brewery tanks from China (May '17) Jul '17 Genny Cream Ale 2
News 41 arrested for cockfighting Jun '17 Woody 6
News Fantastic New Option for Coffee in The Valley (May '17) May '17 Erik 3
General Herkimer House? (May '17) May '17 Jo Jo 1
More from around the web