Hanna Means Business tour visits Remi...

Hanna Means Business tour visits Remington Arms

There are 22 comments on the Utica Daily News story from Aug 19, 2011, titled Hanna Means Business tour visits Remington Arms. In it, Utica Daily News reports that:

Congressman Richard Hanna pored over exhibits within the Remington Arms Museum Friday in awe, realizing the value of the nation's oldest gun manufacturer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Utica Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
not

Utica, NY

#1 Aug 19, 2011
dunno...........
so what

Utica, NY

#2 Aug 20, 2011
did he do anything to improve anything?
looking

Utica, NY

#3 Aug 20, 2011
he was impressed with the museum. Big whoop!
Hanna fights for ARMS

Canastota, NY

#4 Aug 20, 2011
It is about time we have a congressman who is fighting for Remington Arms. He is a sportsman and a life time supporter of our second amendment rights.

The grease ball congressman we had before was a two face fool.

Congressman Hanna has a record of supporting big business rights and free trade. Mr. Hanna has the balls to fight for our rights to bear and use arms.

As a bussiness person i hope he doesn't for get the UMWA representives who were against his election to congress. One representive who stated a number of times he was looking for a job from the last congressman.

Thank You congressman Hanna.
sunnyvale

East Haven, CT

#5 Aug 21, 2011
Did anyone see him on the floor? He can't stand working class people. He thinks if your not a business owner your not good enough for him. We are just worker ants.
sunnyvale

East Haven, CT

#6 Aug 21, 2011
Hanna fights for ARMS wrote:
It is about time we have a congressman who is fighting for Remington Arms. He is a sportsman and a life time supporter of our second amendment rights.
Congressman Hanna has a record of supporting big business rights and free trade. Mr. Hanna has the balls to fight for our rights to bear and use arms.
As a bussiness person i hope he doesn't for get the UMWA representives who were against his election to congress. One representive who stated a number of times he was looking for a job from the last congressman.
where is this record? He renamed a post office nothing more
sunnyvale

Clayton, NY

#7 Aug 21, 2011
REP. RICHARD HANNA VOTED TO CUT SOCIAL SECURITY
Voted to cut Social Security twice this year
Voted for deep Social Security benefit cuts while giving a huge tax cut to the rich
Voted to cut the Social Security Administration, hurting service delivery to millions of elderly and disabled beneficiaries
RICHARD HANNA’S SOCIAL SECURITY VOTES THIS YEAR
> Voted for a bill that could cut your Social Security benefits by up to one-third by 2016 — a $5,700 a year benefit cut for the average earner.
(Voted YES on H.R. 2560, the Cut, Cap, and Balance Act, July 19, 2011;
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll606.xml )
> Voted to give a huge tax cut of $1.1 TRILLION to the richest Americans.
(Voted YES on H.Con.Res. 34, the House Budget Resolution, April 15,
2011; http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll277.xml )
> Voted to cut the Social Security Administration by
$1.7 billion in 2011, forcing the agency to furlough workers, reduce office hours, and increase customer waiting time.
(Voted YES on H.R. 1, Feb. 19, 2011; http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/ roll147.xml)
TELL REP. HANNA: HANDS OFF SOCIAL SECURITY!
www.StrengthenSocialSecurity.org
Explanation of Votes in Congress
The Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011 (H.R. 2560) was a proposal to control federal spending by making across-the-board cuts for the next decade. It was approved 234 to 190 on July 19, 2011 (Roll Call Vote 606). Specifically, the bill would have:
• Made the debt limit increase contingent on Congress passing a Balanced Budget Amendment (BBA), which would make extremely deep cuts to Social Security. The BBA would reduce federal spending as a share of the economy to 18 percent by 2021, down from the current 24 percent. If the BBA took effect in 2016, and the spending cuts were distributed evenly across the government, Social Security would be cut $1.8 trillion from 2016 to 2020—a one-third cut. That would mean that the Social Security benefit for the average earner retiring at age 65 in 2016,$17,632, would be cut by $5,766, a 32.7 percent reduction.1
• Prohibited any spending from the Social Security Trust Fund, which currently has a surplus of $2.7 trillion that is expected to rise to $3.7 trillion by 2022. This is because the BBA would prohibit federal spending from exceeding revenue in each year, making the disbursement of funds collected in the past nearly impossible.2
The House Republican Budget Resolution (H.Con.Res. 34) was a proposal to set forth the congressional budget for the federal government for Fiscal Year 2012, including the appropriate budgetary levels for FY2013- FY2021. It was approved 235 to 193 on
sunnyvale

Clayton, NY

#8 Aug 21, 2011
April 15, 2011 (Roll Call Vote 277). It would have drastically restructured the Medicare and Medicaid programs while implementing a “fast track” procedure for cutting Social Security benefits.
Included in this bill was a $1.1 trillion tax cut to the richest Americans and a cut in the individual and corporate tax rates from 35 percent to 25 percent. The Republican budget extended all of President Bush’s tax cuts, which would cut taxes by $700 billion over 10 years for the richest 2 percent of Americans. It also would cut taxes by $371.4 billion for the richest Americans by repealing the surtax on investment income and the additional Hospital Insurance tax contained in the Affordable Care Act.3 The Republican budget also would have cut the top marginal tax rate for individuals from 35 percent to 25 percent and reduced the corporate tax rate by the same amount.(No estimates are available about how much more that would save individuals and corporations in taxes.)4
H.R. 1 was a House Republican proposal to fund the government through the end of Fiscal Year 2011.5 It was approved 239 to 189 on February 19, 2011 (Roll Call Vote 147).
Among its $61 billion in cuts from President Obama’s budget was a $1.7 billion cut to the Social Security Administration (SSA) below the level needed to provide promised service levels and to fund current projects.6 It was estimated that H.R. 1 would have the following effects: SSA would have had to furlough its workers for up to one month by the end of 2011; up to 400,000 people would have had their retirement, survivors, and Medicare applications significantly delayed, becoming part of a large and growing backlog; and up to 290,000 people would have had their disability benefit applications delayed.
Hanna is good for us

Canastota, NY

#9 Aug 21, 2011
Hanna is good for business. If it were not for big business; low life uneducated fools would not have menial jobs to support themselves. It is big business highly educated individuals that are the back bone of our economic growth. Not the touch hole whining laborers like the low life who work in a factory. Hanna will help us put the unions in their place starting with the teachers union right on down high school drop outs who belong to the umwa.
Ray

Syracuse, NY

#10 Aug 21, 2011
Hanna fights for ARMS wrote:
Youre not very smart. Im not a big fan of Arcuri, but he got a couple of very lucrative contracts for the Arms. Do you have any idea what free trade has done to the working class of america? Obviously not, but keep your head in the sand while spouting off BS political talking points. And yeah, lets hope he holds a grudge against the UMWA and therefore the Arms workers! that will help out the Arms, the local area, and the USA... You fackin moron. Open up your mouth and suck on whatever the teaparty is spewing.

What has he done to fight for the Arms?
Richard is a good man

Canastota, NY

#11 Aug 21, 2011
My friend RICHARD has worked with management at Remington Arms keeping the low life union workers making their over priced wages. This will change in the next contract when the Freedom Group shoves it up the united mine workers ass so far they will not be able to shit for a month and a half.

Hanna is a great man. He has the support of all tea party members through out the country. It is about time we have a congressman with a set of balls to clean house, and put the whining ass union members in their place.

As far as that welfare program called social security is concern, i hope congressman like Hanna throw out the window along with extensions on unemployment. There is no reason for old people to sit on their ass. I give credit to some of the older citizens who work for a living at walmart or crossing guards.

My father made me work part time on my summer vacations when i was an engineering student at Leigh, and later as a waiter at the Mohawk Valley Country Club while working for my MBA. I know what it is like to work. Something more people should!
Thad

Syracuse, NY

#12 Aug 22, 2011
Richard is a good man wrote:
My friend RICHARD has worked with management at Remington Arms keeping the low life union workers making their over priced wages. This will change in the next contract when the Freedom Group shoves it up the united mine workers ass so far they will not be able to shit for a month and a half.
Hanna is a great man. He has the support of all tea party members through out the country. It is about time we have a congressman with a set of balls to clean house, and put the whining ass union members in their place.
As far as that welfare program called social security is concern, i hope congressman like Hanna throw out the window along with extensions on unemployment. There is no reason for old people to sit on their ass. I give credit to some of the older citizens who work for a living at walmart or crossing guards.
My father made me work part time on my summer vacations when i was an engineering student at Leigh, and later as a waiter at the Mohawk Valley Country Club while working for my MBA. I know what it is like to work. Something more people should!
The greeters at Walmart are collecting Social Security.
sunnyvale

Earlville, NY

#13 Aug 22, 2011
Hanna made all his money off government contacts
hanna great man

West Monroe, NY

#14 Aug 23, 2011
Mr. Hanna has been and will be a great congressman
fighting for out right to bear arms. He is good for business and for the future of Herkimer County.
yea right

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 27, 2011
and the point is?
redneck

Utica, NY

#16 Aug 27, 2011
git er done!
mara

Utica, NY

#17 Aug 31, 2011
what?
Hanna doing a good job

Canastota, NY

#18 Sep 1, 2011
Mr. Hanna is doing a great job. Mr. Hanna has done a great job for small business owners. He also is a member of the NRA and fights for our rights to keep and bear arms. Keep up the good work.
hanna protects jobs

Oriskany Falls, NY

#19 Sep 12, 2011
Congressman protects the hard working employees of Remington. Mr. Hanna is doing a great job.
Mike

Syracuse, NY

#20 Sep 13, 2011
hanna protects jobs wrote:
Congressman protects the hard working employees of Remington. Mr. Hanna is doing a great job.
Did he get Remington a government contract?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genesee Brewery tanks from China Jul '17 Genny Cream Ale 2
News 41 arrested for cockfighting Jun '17 Woody 7
News Fantastic New Option for Coffee in The Valley May '17 Erik 3
General Herkimer House? May '17 Jo Jo 1
News Abandoned in Central New York - CharlesTown USA Apr '17 Charles Gaetano 3
Drug Infestation Mar '17 babydaddy 1
News Mandatory water conservation in Ilion (Oct '07) Mar '17 youHAVEgono ANsyph 11
More from around the web