Fences proposed around jail in New Ca...

Fences proposed around jail in New Castle

There are 12 comments on the Star-Press story from May 28, 2012, titled Fences proposed around jail in New Castle. In it, Star-Press reports that:

Henry County Jail officials are taking steps to bar traffickers who try to use holes in the walls to smuggle drugs and cellphones to inmates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Press.

GROW UP

New Castle, IN

#1 May 30, 2012
It is just a waste of money because most of the contraband phones, drugs etc. is being brought in from the inmates that are leaving daily for supposebly work release so why dont you crack down on the inmates that are bringing them in a fence is a waste of taxpayers money!!!
just simone

Merrillville, IN

#3 Jul 12, 2012
one woman was using a pixie stick and sticking it through a hole in the outside wall of the jail to the inmates inside could grab it. Heard the officers couldnt figure out how the inmates were getting messed up everyday. The fence would solve that problem. by the way they plugged up that hole so dont get any ideas.
Wasteful

Villa Park, IL

#4 Jul 12, 2012
So put a few damn cams up around build. And put the doughnut down and get off ur butt when u see someone around build... Lazy
Tired

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2012
This is a joke. It has been over a month since they put the posts in the ground and work has ceased. What is the hold up? Must not have been much of an issue.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Jul 12, 2012
They will just get their junk another way.
reversepx

Naperville, IL

#7 Jul 12, 2012
Seriously? This is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.
Vet

Spring Hill, TN

#8 Jul 16, 2012
Get the posts set before someone steals them for scrap metal!!!
Been there

New Castle, IN

#9 Jul 17, 2012
They just fired a jail nurse for bringing stuff in. Have fired numerous c.o.'s in the past for doing the same. It's never gonna stop.
Ryan Purnell

United States

#10 Sep 15, 2012
My fiance' is in this jail and is dying from Hep. B !Ive took her all of her medication and give the medical staff her medications but the refuse to treat her or take her to her doctors appointments!!! She needs a liver transplant but I guess that fence is more important than a human life!!!! This jail needs to be shut down!!!! It is the biggest common nuisance in Henry County but the Sheriff isn't going to serve his self a warrant is he!!!! What a fucking joke!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 12

New Castle, IN

#11 Sep 16, 2012
Ryan Purnell wrote:
My fiance' is in this jail and is dying from Hep. B !Ive took her all of her medication and give the medical staff her medications but the refuse to treat her or take her to her doctors appointments!!! She needs a liver transplant but I guess that fence is more important than a human life!!!! This jail needs to be shut down!!!! It is the biggest common nuisance in Henry County but the Sheriff isn't going to serve his self a warrant is he!!!! What a fucking joke!!!!!!!
I really feel for your fiance. In the 3 1/2 months I was there I witnessed them putting an inmate in the rubber room for having a seizure, which she had because they hadn't given her her meds. Another girl who is on an insulin pump and a severe diabetic, they took her pump off and sent her to the block. She was literally dying in there as a result of what they did. She got lucky and family was able to get her out of the block and I believe she got out. My husband had to call butch baker because I had been there 2 weeks and they hadn't started giving me my meds yet. When baker told them to check my blood pressure, it was above stroke level. Call butch himself to try to get them on her medical issues. If that doesn't do it, call tv news, just keep trying. You are correct, the jail IS the biggest COMMON New Castle!
mama

New Castle, IN

#12 Sep 16, 2012
I have an idea....all of you, stay the hell out of there!
someones mom

Mishawaka, IN

#13 Sep 17, 2012
Ryan Purnell wrote:
So the jail is supposed to pay for a new liver for a criminal? I don't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Henry Township Trustee (May '14) Jul 13 Mike S 2
News Drug dealer draws 14-year term (Dec '13) Apr '16 Pat Benson 15
News Cemetery hit by vandals - again (Jul '15) Aug '15 Think 10
News New Castle loan broker charged with fraud (Jul '09) May '15 Fine 8
Lookin (Jul '14) Jul '14 Citizen 2
News New Castle family's efforts result in changes t... (Mar '14) Mar '14 sexygal 1
busted ? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Curious 1
More from around the web