Henry County closing libraries on Saturdays, cutting hours

Jun 23, 2010 Full story: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution 6

This recession has become one for the books in Henry County. Because of budget cutbacks, the county's library system will drastically cut back operating hours starting July 1. The five branches that used to operate 58 hours a week will now only be open only 36 hours.

Full Story
Annie

Stockbridge, GA

#1 Jun 24, 2010
Not only are the hours cut, but many employees were laid off, and the remaining library employees will have to take two furlough days each month. If there is a month with a holiday, that will be a furlough day, but the library will be closed two days per month regardless, to make sure everyone gets their furlough days without pay.
Tough times

United States

#2 Aug 22, 2010
I'm glad some were able to keep their jobs. Let's hope they continue to keep positive attitudes.
Iamnitroman

Mcdonough, GA

#3 Dec 14, 2010
The Library gave the employees there furlough days all in a row so they could collect unemployment. No other County employees could do this.This was done over the Thanksgiving Holiday. So they in fact did not go unpaid. I received this information from the Assistant Director of the Library.
Angie

Atlanta, GA

#4 Dec 14, 2010
None of the part-time employees received unemployment.
iamnitroman

Mcdonough, GA

#5 Jan 24, 2011
Angie wrote:
None of the part-time employees received unemployment.
This is true part time employees did not receive unemployment. So how was it fair for you to have to take so many days off with out pay so the others would receive unemployment?
iamcranky

Griffin, GA

#6 Jun 23, 2011
They won't save $ when someone passes out from the heat and gets hurt. Hope the no a/c rule is in effect in the offices of whoever is making the librarians roast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mama June's daughter Anna says she was molested... Oct '14 Sick and Tired 1
Stockbridge business owner sentenced for obstru... Sep '14 FREEDOMFORALL 4
Grocery Delivery in Henry County Aug '14 AbbeyMadison 1
Library branch to close due to $274K shortfall Jun '14 rose 1
Henry county criminal atty (Jan '14) Jan '14 Henry CO criminal... 1
Baby shower location?? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Leslie 1
Car Accident (Aug '13) Aug '13 Hatun 1

Henry County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE