A Fallen Deputy: Memories and Mourning

A Fallen Deputy: Memories and Mourning

There are 9 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from May 21, 2007, titled A Fallen Deputy: Memories and Mourning. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

The family of Henry County Sheriff's Deputy Marvin Scarlett is expected to announce soon, possibly on Tuesday, when and where his funeral will be, according to Henry County Sheriff's Office Chaplain Reed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Carlton Wright

Miami, FL

#1 May 22, 2007
Marvin was a wonderful young man who will be missed immensely. My thoughts and prayers goes out to his family.

God Bless, Carlton Wright
Miami Dade Corrections

Miami, FL

#2 May 22, 2007
Rest In Peace my friend fishing will never be the same without you.
Miami Dade Corrections

Miami, FL

#3 May 22, 2007
We miss you Marvin it will never be the same without you here on the 9th floor of the P.T.D.C
Teresa Smallwood

Atlanta, GA

#4 May 22, 2007
My family and I would like to express our deepest sympathy to the family of Deputy Marvin Scarlett. It is times like this that we remember why we have the respect for these officers and sheriff deputies the way we do. They put there life on the line and never hesitate to think why. This family will remain in our prayers and these officers and deputies do each and every day.

Smallwood/James Family
Alonzo Boykin

Hollywood, FL

#6 May 22, 2007
My condolences go out the Deputy Marvin Scarlett and family.

I am a childhood friend of Deputy Scarlett. We grew up together in Miami Florida. Much of our time together was shared on the little league football field, were Marvin displayed great leadership qualities and toughness at an early age.

However, Marvin was a gentle giant. He was always smiling and more the eager to help his fellowman.

Nevertheless, I am deeply sadden of Marvin's fatal accident. In as much, my prayers are with his family.
Cpl C Curry MDCR

Miami, FL

#7 May 22, 2007
I would like to send my deepest condolences to the Scarlett family. Marvin and I worked the midnight shift at DCJ for years and I lived not far from his family in Miramar before he left for Georgia. Marvin was a true gentleman and gentle man who cared for his family to the fullest. He will be greatly missed. God Bless and keep you all!
Jim Garrett

Chicago, IL

#8 May 23, 2007
As everyone is mourning the loss of Henry County Sheriff Deputy Marvin Scarlett, he was a great guy and friend. Latosha and his children will miss him very much!

We will always remember his great smile and big laugh. Marvin was true man as he will help you in a minute and you always had his backing.

Now, we must be there for Latosha and his children as they are going to miss a great man!!

Rest In Peace Ace!
Ofc S Traylor

Miami, FL

#9 May 23, 2007
To Mrs. Scarlett and kids keep your head up and give God the glory for the years Marvin was in your life. God has brought you this far and he will be with you the rest of the way. God Bless you and continue to pray. You are always in my prayers.
Sandra Lewis Mia - Atl

United States

#10 May 25, 2007
Marvin was a great person with a beautiful personality. He was an officer and a business man as well.
My deepest sympathy to Tosha, their kids, and his mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ellenwood man convicted of "torture chamber" rape Aug '17 A Tatum 1
News Teen finds 6-foot snake on front door May '17 jimmy nokes 2
police web site May '17 nunya 1
News Mama June's daughter Anna says she was molested... (Oct '14) May '17 Big Time 2
Expenses for a sudden Passing (Jan '17) Mar '17 bow 6
Can anything stop Henry from turning into anoth... (Feb '09) Mar '17 Henry Co is Bassa... 30
Henry County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Oct '16) Oct '16 Logan 2
More from around the web