McDonough councilman allegedly shoots...

McDonough councilman allegedly shoots son after argument

There are 12 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Oct 6, 2011, titled McDonough councilman allegedly shoots son after argument. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

According to Henry County Sheriff's Office records, Rufus Frank Amis, 64, was booked into the county jail earlyA Thursday, charged with aggravated assault.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

JD in Henry

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 6, 2011
Just the kind of person we need in henry county politics. Got to the office because of the color of his skin and not the brains in his head. Im not surprised at all. And we all wonder why henry county has increasing crime and here is a perfect example. All I can say is "ITS PAR FOR THE COURSE"

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2011
Not a very good role model for the young people in our community who look to our leaders for guidance.

Get rid of him.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Oct 6, 2011
People who hold public office should be held to a higher standard. Perhaps just an acceptable standard.

If you use a gun to solve family problems, you aren't suitable for elected positions.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 6, 2011
Henry couny will go the way of Clayton County if the citizens aren't more selective of who they put in office. I'm not talking color here, I'm talking quality.
Diamonds

Mcdonough, GA

#5 Oct 13, 2011
Guys,
Color has nothing to do with a crazy person. Clayton has gone down, because they are not trying to actively turn around that county. They need to fix the school system and stop all signs of crime. I also heard a lot of city people from bad communities and illegal immigrants dominate clayton. Henry county is seeing crime, but they call eliminate it by making sure the whole community stays alert and refuses to let criminals take over things. Crime has no color, just look at all major criminals in America has been white killing several people. Few blacks have killed several people. So, we as a nation need to watch our backs from white,black, or whoever else can pose a threat. We have to come together and quit judging people based on color. Just think about white collar crimes where our nation lost millions. Did your local drug dealer still your millions are was it wall street (i.e. Eron, MaDOFF, Ponzi Scheme). Get wise participate in your local government and community and don't be a sitting duck for crime! Best Wishes!
JD in Henry

Atlanta, GA

#6 Oct 14, 2011
Diamonds you need to check the FBI stats that show crime stats by race. Blacks commit a very high percentage of crime. You are one of those people that believes that anyone who speaks of blacks and crime must be racist. You need to check it out for yourself. I went to school in Clayton county years ago and there was hardly any crime or black people there. Take a look at it now. Crime does have a color and you know it !!! Stop all this making excuses and understand the people behind the crimes.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 14, 2011
It is sad that there's so much crime in the black population. But pretending it isn't so, doesn't alter the facts.

Location hidden

#8 Jan 31, 2012
Can't believe all the grumbling over the school principal who is working extra job as a bar tender, and no outrage expressed over the McDonough Council man who shot his son.
Something isn't right here

Location hidden

#9 Mar 1, 2012
You would think there were some ethics rules that would require him to resign. It isn't like there's any doubt that he did it.
dale senior

Mission Viejo, CA

#10 Mar 1, 2012
I guess he was right and his son was wrong.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 3, 2012
Even when you're right, doesn't give you the "right" to shoot somebody, unless your life is in danger. His son was outside and he followed him out to shoot him. That sort of behavior is inappropriate for someone who is suppose to stand as an example to other in the community. This isn't the rule of the "hood."

Location hidden

#12 Mar 15, 2012
We need role models in public office so that our young people can have someone to look up. So many are being raised in single parent homes. A person in public office should be held accountable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lost dog Jan '15 Latonya smith 1
News Mama June's daughter Anna says she was molested... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Sick and Tired 1
News Stockbridge business owner sentenced for obstru... (Jul '14) Sep '14 FREEDOMFORALL 4
Grocery Delivery in Henry County (Aug '14) Aug '14 AbbeyMadison 1
News Library branch to close due to $274K shortfall (Jun '14) Jun '14 rose 1
Henry county criminal atty (Jan '14) Jan '14 Henry CO criminal... 1
Baby shower location?? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Leslie 1
More from around the web