Stockbridge Florists Offer Shares of Property For Sale to Prevent Land Condemnation

Dec 17, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WXIA-TV Atlanta

STOCKBRIDGE, Ga. -- It's a popular story in Stockbridge and across Georgia: It's about the little florists, Mark and Regina Meeks, who fought back against big City Hall next door to their shop, and beat back the city's attempts to seize their property.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2010
Rhonda

Lumber City, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

I think it's sad that such a spoiled bunch of political jerks run Stockbridge and that they would go to the lengths they have to ruin a family business for that ridiculos building. They wasted money and good property for a stupid fountain that serves no purpose for anything except to waste taxpers money.
uphappy in Stockbridge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

I think that the city of Stockbridge should be ashame trying to ruin a family business they should be working on crime and gangs illigals are all over the mobile home parks in Stockbridge because you do not have to prove you are legal.

Since: Feb 10

Born:TN Lived:GA,KY & now OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Good for the florists. I lived in Stockbridge for several years and am almost ashamed to say I've lived there after seeing city officials trying to ruin a family-owned business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Henry County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grocery Delivery in Henry County Aug 7 AbbeyMadison 1
Stockbridge business owner sentenced for obstru... Jul 21 LEGALEAGLE 2
Library branch to close due to $274K shortfall Jun '14 rose 1
Henry county criminal atty (Jan '14) Jan '14 Henry CO criminal... 1
Baby shower location?? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Leslie 1
Car Accident (Aug '13) Aug '13 Hatun 1
Fired Henry deputy accused of having sex with m... (Jan '10) Jul '13 TruthAlways 39

Search the Henry County Forum:
•••