Hennepin County judge blocks tall cel...

Hennepin County judge blocks tall cell tower near BWCA, allows shorter version

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities story from Aug 3, 2011, titled Hennepin County judge blocks tall cell tower near BWCA, allows shorter version. In it, TwinCities reports that:

AT&T Mobility cannot build a 450-foot lighted cellphone tower that would be visible from portions of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, a Hennepin County judge ruled Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

Consistent

Cold Spring, MN

#1 Aug 4, 2011
Thank Goodness for Judges.

450 feet is just soooooo tall, especialy compared to onlysay 400 feet...or even 250 feet.

Without the Lawyers that wear the Black Robes in the Law Enforcement Industry, where would America be!

There would be all these towers providing services to the locals that want the service....without consideration of the "rights" of the Metro folks to have a play time with nature, that includes towers under 450 feet.

Fools!
Jill

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 4, 2011
Consistent wrote:
That was sarcasm, right?

Agreed, it was a stupid decision. Except it wasn't really a decision, it was an attempt to avoid making a real decision.
Consistent

Cold Spring, MN

#3 Aug 4, 2011
Jill wrote:
<quoted text>
That was sarcasm, right?
Agreed, it was a stupid decision. Except it wasn't really a decision, it was an attempt to avoid making a real decision.
Yup and Yup.....

Lawyers that provide nothing to any society except compost from their excretement.......Lawers playing a game with others labor and wealth create a lawsuit, and another Lawyer in a Black Robe makes a decision.

Then the Lawyers play musical chairs, change places, and wait for the next victim to knock on the door they created with their manipulations of other Lawyers in the Elected Branches.

....and we fiddle on as Rome burns.
Bum Phillips

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 4, 2011
How has a view become a right?
Zorro

United States

#5 Aug 4, 2011
How does a Hennepin County Judge have jurisdiction over the BWCA?

Maybe without cell service that would have been increased, we will lose a few of those wacko environmentalists in the BWCA needing emergency assistance?
Tim

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 4, 2011
Bum Phillips wrote:
How has a view become a right?
Zoning laws have covered the height of structures for some time.
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 4, 2011
Consistent wrote:
450 feet is just soooooo tall, especialy compared to onlysay 400 feet...or even 250 feet.
Without the Lawyers that wear the Black Robes in the Law Enforcement Industry, where would America be!
There would be all these towers providing services to the locals that want the service....without consideration of the "rights" of the Metro folks to have a play time with nature, that includes towers under 450 feet.
Fools!
Would you let a 450 foot windmill be constructed?
Zorro

United States

#8 Aug 4, 2011
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope it might kill birds with its vanes!
Consistent

Cold Spring, MN

#9 Aug 4, 2011
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
If the ONLY way to produce electrical energy was through wind generation I would value 1000 foot towers.....

Any other childish comparisons intended to distract from the issue?
Consistent

Cold Spring, MN

#10 Aug 4, 2011
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Zoning laws have covered the height of structures for some time.
And the reasons to limit them needs to be more compelling that a lawyer in a black robe's opinion.

The only limit should be legitimate public safety concerns.
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Aug 4, 2011
Zorro wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope it might kill birds with its vanes!
Well, at least you're consistent.
Consistent

Cold Spring, MN

#12 Aug 4, 2011
I find the color of your house, the style of your car, the color of your hair, the odor of your trash, the manufacturer of your shoes, the hint of your cologne all to be "offensive to my senses"....

I need a group of lawyers that will leech off society's wealth to decide my rights!

Sheeple!
Zorro

United States

#13 Aug 4, 2011
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
And the reasons to limit them needs to be more compelling that a lawyer in a black robe's opinion.
The only limit should be legitimate public safety concerns.
For years folks along the St. Croix have tried to claim a "right to view" and have lost every case. Why is the BWCA any different, they are both "protected" bodies of waters?
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Aug 4, 2011
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
If the ONLY way to produce electrical energy was through wind generation I would value 1000 foot towers.....
Any other childish comparisons intended to distract from the issue?
Nah, I'll sit back and watch yours.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#15 Aug 4, 2011
Consistent wrote:
I find the color of your house, the style of your car, the color of your hair, the odor of your trash, the manufacturer of your shoes, the hint of your cologne all to be "offensive to my senses"....
I need a group of lawyers that will leech off society's wealth to decide my rights!
Sheeple!
Way too often now we forget that within our Constitution there is nothing that says "You have the right to not be offended."
Consistent

Cold Spring, MN

#16 Aug 4, 2011
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I'll sit back and watch yours.
I am well past the age of attempting to enlighten children...... If your momma failed you and you missed the big life lessons, there is nothing I am willing to do to educate you.

Carry on.
Tennessee Tuxedo

Boise, ID

#17 Aug 4, 2011
ROFLMAO!!

So much for the hand-wringers!

Now they just need to seek a new spot with another 200 foot rise in elevation and *poof* 450 foot cell tower!

Typical Hennnipen county intelligence at work!
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 4, 2011
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well past the age of attempting to enlighten children...... If your momma failed you and you missed the big life lessons, there is nothing I am willing to do to educate you.
Carry on.
Will do. You replied to my reply to a different poster. You call me a child and throw in a momma slam? Don't forget to empty your diaper old wise one.
Consistent

Cold Spring, MN

#19 Aug 4, 2011
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Will do. You replied to my reply to a different poster. You call me a child and throw in a momma slam? Don't forget to empty your diaper old wise one.
Perhaps you think I missed the use of Consistent in your reply.....Not, your use had its intended effect...a slam on me through another....Old wise guy with diapers didn't git old by being ignorant.

Oh....and did you want to comment on my points....or just toss out the old "Ya well what about you" defenses to the discomfort I created in you?

“Cowgirl At Heart”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#20 Apr 25, 2012
Imagine a 50,000 AM radio station that builds a tri-antenna array at a height of six hundred feet. Now imagine a farmer that is plowing his field calling to complain that he doesn’t like his view from his North 40 plot. Communications are the backbone of our great country yet one farmer doesn’t like the view???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hennepin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shooting leads to more questions on body cameras Jul 19 Indict Hillary NOW 2
News Attorney: Hennepin County Child Protection Syst... Jun '17 Lynn Gunstrom 1
News What Happens When You Tell Immigrant Communitie... May '17 SHILL ALERT 1
News DOJ faults police response in 2015 Minneapolis ... Mar '17 anonymous 1
News Sheriff Rich Stanek, Chief Todd Axtell want out... Mar '17 spud 48
News Another Victim Speaks Out On Alleged HIV+ Rapist (Feb '10) Feb '17 Phart Smartly 2
Hennepin County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Owen 2
More from around the web