Gay marriage: Hennepin County lawsuit advances

Sep 14, 2012 Full story: TwinCities 17

A lawsuit seeking to overturn Minnesota's current law against gay marriage is back before a Hennepin County judge who dismissed it months ago.

Full Story

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Sep 14, 2012
Polling in MN shows a dead heat on the marriage amendment with 48% opposed and 48% support. Unfortunately history tells us that all undecided votes end up voting against us, so it likely means the anti-gays win 52-48.

At least polling in Maine & Washington shows the pro-equality side is moving oustide that 5% margin of error. We'll have to see how the polling holds up once NOM ramps up their ad campaign.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 14, 2012
All they have to do is say one thing and scales start tilting disastrously against gay rights.

I commit *endlessly* to encouraging people to find *some way* on god's green earth, some clever and as-yet unthought-of way, to *stop* those lies. I have tirelessly advocated my own solutions; they are happening in scattered instances but not frequently.

All they have to do is say one thing, and you need to start worrying you won't make this. When *THAT* changes, I believe you'll start to win *FREQUENTLY*.

Think about it.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Sep 14, 2012
Every time I make that post, I think of new ways to combat it and refuse to post them *because I guarantee you between you, me and god* that someone will swoop into the thread and tell me IT'S NOT POSSIBLE -- almost as if people want to lose.

I *know for a fact* there are ways to stop that from happening; know it like I know the sun will rise tomorrow.

Watch and see what they do when they start campaigning against this: There is *one thing* they will start saying as repeatedly as they need to.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Sep 14, 2012
hi hi wrote:
Every time I make that post, I think of new ways to combat it and refuse to post them *because I guarantee you between you, me and god* that someone will swoop into the thread and tell me IT'S NOT POSSIBLE -- almost as if people want to lose.
I *know for a fact* there are ways to stop that from happening; know it like I know the sun will rise tomorrow.
Watch and see what they do when they start campaigning against this: There is *one thing* they will start saying as repeatedly as they need to.
We could just start killing all those opposed to marriage equality, but that might turn more people against us. Oh well, we'll just have to kill them too!
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Sep 14, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
We could just start killing all those opposed to marriage equality, but that might turn more people against us. Oh well, we'll just have to kill them too!
I smiled, but this doesn't deter me either: Endlessly, from this or that pro-gay person, my POV is construed *as having a violent element*. There's a phenomenon I've noticed online where you can explain *in detail* about something and people believe what they want anyway. My *autistically repetitive assertions* that I advocate legal and non-violent methods continue to lead to these presumptions (although you might be joking?).

My methods would hit them where they live and force national conversations about *exceptionally* difficult subjects.

But I let all that go. That's all fine. I'm fine with it.

Except for one thing.

Not introducing all of this antigay vitriol into every court case you can find is *killing* your effort. It should really be happening, it's eminently sensible, and you have *literally nothing on god's green earth* to lose; the judge in every last case would simply say it's not pertinent and throw it out, and at least you tried.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Sep 14, 2012
What can the judge do? He'll simply throw it out, saying it's not appropriate to the case.

Which ... drumroll ... speaks volumes *in favor of pro-gay efforts*.

I must've been an organizer of some sort in a past life.
Junior Esquire

El Segundo, CA

#8 Sep 14, 2012
hi hi wrote:
What can the judge do? He'll simply throw it out, saying it's not appropriate to the case.
Which ... drumroll ... speaks volumes *in favor of pro-gay efforts*.
I must've been an organizer of some sort in a past life.
"I must've been an organizer of some sort in a past life".
Or queer.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Sep 15, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
"I must've been an organizer of some sort in a past life".
Or queer.
To the forum:

This poster quite literally *follows me around* the boards, and has kinda-sorta-somewhat crossed a line into harassment (not in the legal sense, but definitively in the social sense).

I receive *endless* posts in which this person employs numerous subterfuges with complete disrespect for morality -- in attempts to smear, denigrate and troll me.

I want these words public in this thread.

It's beginning to turn into a problem now.

Period.
Ole Svendsen

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Sep 15, 2012
The voters of Minnesota shall instruct our politicians.
We want more Chick-fil-A restaurants and a lot less queers.
Minnesotans love Chick-fil-A and they hate queers.
Translator

El Segundo, CA

#11 Sep 15, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
To the forum:
This poster quite literally *follows me around* the boards, and has kinda-sorta-somewhat crossed a line into harassment (not in the legal sense, but definitively in the social sense).
I receive *endless* posts in which this person employs numerous subterfuges with complete disrespect for morality -- in attempts to smear, denigrate and troll me.
I want these words public in this thread.
It's beginning to turn into a problem now.
Period.
Translation-

"hi hi" can dish out huge quantities of sh!t, but he cannot take an iota of same.
rdg1234

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Sep 15, 2012
hi hi wrote:
All they have to do is say one thing and scales start tilting disastrously against gay rights.
I commit *endlessly* to encouraging people to find *some way* on god's green earth, some clever and as-yet unthought-of way, to *stop* those lies. I have tirelessly advocated my own solutions; they are happening in scattered instances but not frequently.
All they have to do is say one thing, and you need to start worrying you won't make this. When *THAT* changes, I believe you'll start to win *FREQUENTLY*.
Think about it.
I don't think homosexuals should pursue their filthy disgusting predatory relationships with children anymore.
Translator

El Segundo, CA

#13 Sep 15, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
To the forum:
This poster quite literally *follows me around* the boards, and has kinda-sorta-somewhat crossed a line into harassment (not in the legal sense, but definitively in the social sense).
I receive *endless* posts in which this person employs numerous subterfuges with complete disrespect for morality -- in attempts to smear, denigrate and troll me.
I want these words public in this thread.
It's beginning to turn into a problem now.
Period.
Translation-

"hi hi" can dish out huge quantities of sh!t, but he can't take any in return.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Sep 15, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
I smiled, but this doesn't deter me either: Endlessly, from this or that pro-gay person, my POV is construed *as having a violent element*. There's a phenomenon I've noticed online where you can explain *in detail* about something and people believe what they want anyway. My *autistically repetitive assertions* that I advocate legal and non-violent methods continue to lead to these presumptions (although you might be joking?).
My methods would hit them where they live and force national conversations about *exceptionally* difficult subjects.
But I let all that go. That's all fine. I'm fine with it.
Except for one thing.
Not introducing all of this antigay vitriol into every court case you can find is *killing* your effort. It should really be happening, it's eminently sensible, and you have *literally nothing on god's green earth* to lose; the judge in every last case would simply say it's not pertinent and throw it out, and at least you tried.
Of course I'm joking. Violence of any kind would jeopardize all the progress we've made over the past decades. As we saw in California after Prop 8 passed, even non-violent protests & civil disobedience played right into the anti-gays rhetoric of the "angry gay mob". Hide your women & children, the gays are coming......

Obviously you didn't pay attention to the recent court cases, including the Prop 8 trial and the DOMA cases. We DID successfully use the anti-gay vitriol as evidence. That's why the courts ruled marriage bans were driven primarily by anti-gay bias.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Sep 15, 2012
rdg1234 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think homosexuals should pursue their filthy disgusting predatory relationships with children anymore.
Then you really should stop. Your obsession with child predation really isn't healthy for you OR the child you're molesting.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Sep 15, 2012
Translator wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation-
"hi hi" can dish out huge quantities of sh!t, but he cannot take an iota of same.
This post is empty, pointless trolling. There's nothing *substantive* to it that any intelligent discourse would allow, particularly in debate. In fact, it's the definition of "pointless" and "babyish" and tends to indicate the type of person obsessed with "winning a point" at any cost.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Sep 15, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I'm joking. Violence of any kind would jeopardize all the progress we've made over the past decades. As we saw in California after Prop 8 passed, even non-violent protests & civil disobedience played right into the anti-gays rhetoric of the "angry gay mob". Hide your women & children, the gays are coming......
Obviously you didn't pay attention to the recent court cases, including the Prop 8 trial and the DOMA cases. We DID successfully use the anti-gay vitriol as evidence. That's why the courts ruled marriage bans were driven primarily by anti-gay bias.
Oh no no no no, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm watching *these boards* and saying that *vitriol here* should be part of a larger framework wherein *this type of behavior* is introduced into court cases, with plethoras of specific examples EVEN IF they are not directly related to the case at hand.

I am not blaming you for this and I refuse to do so categorically, but christ almighty it feels like it takes *so much effort* to clarify a simple point online. Not just here; everywhere.

Why would I not be aware of what you just said? How would I have missed that?

I'm talking about building a *framework in which* this vitriol and its habitual, abusive nature is introduced into every case such that the antigay are made to answer to it as part and parcel of the case.

If I'm not being clear, forgive me. Seriously. In my head, it's clear. In fact, what I propose (I was the first to admit) might be disallowed as having little to do with the instant case. I think it should be tried again and again and again anyway. The antigay try *every trick they can find* under the sun.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Sep 15, 2012
One slight general/contextual mistake in my previous post makes it sound like I'm holding up the topix boards as the shining indictment of the antigay. I meant *ALL* of this behavior online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hennepin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anoka Man Shot 7 Times, Suspect Arrested; Both ... (Nov '12) Feb 9 richardnoggin 10
HealthEast hospitals embracing a 'baby-friendly... (Aug '14) Jan '15 Blood Drawing Idiots 3
Former Minneapolis Police Deputy Chief Suing Ov... Jan '15 Mpls 2
Charges weighed against man who drove through p... Jan '15 PB in Saint Paul 1
Minneapolis man molests 10-year-old sleepover g... Nov '14 Liberal 6
Spring Board Nov '14 Concerned _City 2
Student Sues Over SAT Error (Apr '06) Sep '14 MaltaMon 4
More from around the web