Christian group seeks to fight gay marriage suit

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Christian group seeks to fight gay marriage suit. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Family Council is attempting to intervene in opposition to a lawsuit seeking legal gay marriage in Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 174
Next Last

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#3956 Sep 12, 2010
ltndncr59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My "bibles" are "The Joy of Cooking", "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and "The Microwave Gourmet" (Barbara Kafka). "The Microwave Gourmet" is getting to be out of date; when Ms. Kafka wrote it, the most powerful microwaves were only 600 watts, so her recipes need to be updated. I like Julia's book because it is written so well, and her voice is so prevalent in her writing, even in the recipe sections! On Food Network, I must admit that I am addicted to Iron Chef (and not because Mark and I think the "chairman" is a hottie) and the other "reality" shows. I like the newest celebrity chef, Aarti. I don't like Ina too much, but she comes up with some great recipes and tips. And I'm a member of America's Test Kitchen; great show!
I'm afraid that I wouldn't get near your gefilte fish. I love fish, but can't stand that particular creation. Mark and I don't keep kosher, but it would be fun to turn your kitchen into a delicious, aromatic food fight aftermath!!!
I learned to cook when I was living in Japan, and had a craving for some bleu cheese dressing. Nowhere to be found, I went out and bought a cookbook, learned how to make the dressing (after I had found a source for some bleu cheese), and I just got hooked from there.
Food! Surely there can't be anything more important, more bonding than a delicious, home-cooked meal with loved ones.
What is commonly purveyed in the American/Canadian marketplace as "gefillte fish" is among the most inpalatable, vile "food products" that I would not wish upon anyone except those dying and even then I'd understand the desire to shove it away.

In my home, growing up and today, gefillte fish is made by hand, fresh, aromatic, flavorful. I've had only one person ever refuse it and she does not like fish, even sushi, so there you have it. I've had many a person say "No!" only to taste and be overwhelmed. I do not use only white fishes and the only secret I give away is - it's the stock.

It's always funny to hear people say, "Where's that 'jelly' stuff?" when observing my gefillte fish! I tell them, "It does not and SHOULD NEVER exist!"

Adorations to all who enjoy FOOD (not the processed food products in the American supermarket - this is NOT "food" in its truest sense and you should abandon its consumption for real "food") and those that enjoy cooking.

Eric

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#3957 Sep 12, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
What is commonly purveyed in the American/Canadian marketplace as "gefillte fish" is among the most inpalatable, vile "food products" that I would not wish upon anyone except those dying and even then I'd understand the desire to shove it away.
In my home, growing up and today, gefillte fish is made by hand, fresh, aromatic, flavorful. I've had only one person ever refuse it and she does not like fish, even sushi, so there you have it. I've had many a person say "No!" only to taste and be overwhelmed. I do not use only white fishes and the only secret I give away is - it's the stock.
It's always funny to hear people say, "Where's that 'jelly' stuff?" when observing my gefillte fish! I tell them, "It does not and SHOULD NEVER exist!"
Adorations to all who enjoy FOOD (not the processed food products in the American supermarket - this is NOT "food" in its truest sense and you should abandon its consumption for real "food") and those that enjoy cooking.
Eric
Ahh, but Eric. Do you kepthe fish alive and in the bathtub until you're ready to start cooking?

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#3958 Sep 12, 2010
The Golem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, but Eric. Do you kepthe fish alive and in the bathtub until you're ready to start cooking?
No, sadly, I do not keep the fish alive in the bathtub until I'm ready to start cooking. My bubbe Jenny (great-grandmother in this case) used to keep them on the back porch in a steel tub. OY!

I do however, go and get my fish from a kosher fishmonger down on Pico (this is a Jewish neighborhood for those outside of L.A.) and never once has the fish ever been anything but great! They're pricey - but it's so worth it!

Eric

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#3959 Sep 13, 2010
trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats all I was trying to establish! And I know it takes much more than sperm to be a "parent".
It certainly does. How many unwanted children are there, or abused children, or neglected children? I can say without contradiction, that I was the best mom I could be, and I realized how precious the time was that I was given with them. I loved raising my daughters. Now my wife and I can spoil our grandsons. What could be sweeter???
i think

Saint Paul, MN

#3960 Sep 13, 2010
ltndncr59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A ball gag and a collar would be good. And maybe a straight jacket. It'll be formal, for you.
i'm beginning to think that maybe you don't like me so much:(

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3961 Sep 13, 2010
i think wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm beginning to think that maybe you don't like me so much:(
I do, sweetie.

I just think you need to have your consciousness raised.
i think

Saint Paul, MN

#3962 Sep 14, 2010
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, sweetie.
I just think you need to have your consciousness raised.
well i can certainly respect that cuz that's all i'm tryn to do too!:)

“Married as I can be!”

Since: Jun 07

Las Vegas

#3963 Sep 28, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric
I will gladly try your gefilte fish, Eric.
Kev

Fort Worth, TX

#3964 Nov 4, 2012
I hear and read alot about how people use the bible to justify their views on marriage, gay marriage, slavery etc...

For gay marriage they use one from
Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Have you broken any of these?

Why is it you up hold these but you don't uphold the rest of the bible.

I'll make my case

Of them you may eat: the locust according to its kind." -- Leviticus 11:22
While the Bible strictly forbids eating shellfish, pork, rabbits, blood and certain birds of prey such as eagles and vultures, locusts (those bugs that are considered a "plague" in another part of the Good Book) are perfect for snack time or anytime. How many have eaten any of these. Sea food places should be closed up.

"Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee." -- Leviticus 19:19
The Bible forbids wearing cloth made out of a mix of wool and linen, but other fiber combinations are fine. Go check your closet.

"Ye shall not round the corners of your heads." -- Leviticus 19:27
As per the Bible's suggestion to grow your beard, Jacobs didn't shave for the entire year he was closely following the Bible. The foot-long whisker growth eventually left him feeling like he had a sweater on his cheeks.

"When a woman has a discharge of blood, which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening." -- Leviticus 15:19-20
In case the Bible's language is a too coy for you, whenever a woman has her period she becomes impure, and whatever she sits or lies on during those seven days is also impure. Anyone who sits where she has sat becomes impure by association. We know everyone breaks this one.

"When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand." -- Deuteronomy 25:11-12
Yes, fight fans, you read that right. If you're getting your butt kicked by another guy, and your wife grabs your opponent's stones to help you out, she gets her hand cut off.

"Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place...." -- Ephesians 5:4
There are two genres of biblically naughty words, according to Jacobs: blasphemy and profanity. Blasphemy is taking the Lord's name in vain. As for profanity, he explains, it's unclear what is and isn't allowed. Common sense would dictate a few obvious ones, but even the Bible refers to "dung" and "piss" in Ezekiel 23:20.
We are all going to Hell.

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy." -- Exodus 20:8
Taking one day off a a week to rest and meditate on God shouldn't be tough, right? Well, that all depends on how seriously you take the Sabbath (which for Jews is on Saturday and for Christians, Sunday). Who has worked or shopped on Sunday? SINNERS

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor" -- Exodus 20:16
You know you're not supposed to lie, but what about when your wife asks if her dress makes her look fat? Do you ever make up a little story about the set being broken?

"Do not go around as a gossiper among your people..." -- Leviticus 19:16
"If you take the Bible literally, you shouldn't say things about other people unless you say it to them in a helpful, constructive way,". Close down Topix.

"They shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them." -- Leviticus 20:27
"There are a tremendous number of things you can get executed for in the Bible. "Homosexuality, adultery, astrology, being a disrespectful child, being a drunken son, blasphemy, breaking the Sabbath, perjury, incest, bestiality and witchcraft." And stoning was often the execution of choice.
Kev

Fort Worth, TX

#3965 Nov 4, 2012
I hear and read alot about how people use the bible to justify their views on marriage, gay marriage, slavery etc...

For gay marriage they use one from
Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Why is it you up hold these but you don't uphold the rest of the bible.

I'll make my case

Of them you may eat: the locust according to its kind." -- Leviticus 11:22
While the Bible strictly forbids eating shellfish, pork, rabbits, blood and certain birds of prey such as eagles and vultures, locusts (those bugs that are considered a "plague" in another part of the Good Book) are perfect for snack time or anytime. How many have eaten any of these. Sea food places should be closed up.

"Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee." -- Leviticus 19:19
The Bible forbids wearing cloth made out of a mix of wool and linen, but other fiber combinations are fine. Go check your closet.

"Ye shall not round the corners of your heads." -- Leviticus 19:27
As per the Bible's suggestion to grow your beard, Jacobs didn't shave for the entire year he was closely following the Bible. The foot-long whisker growth eventually left him feeling like he had a sweater on his cheeks.

"When a woman has a discharge of blood, which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening." -- Leviticus 15:19-20
In case the Bible's language is a too coy for you, whenever a woman has her period she becomes impure, and whatever she sits or lies on during those seven days is also impure. Anyone who sits where she has sat becomes impure by association. We know everyone breaks this one.

"When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand." -- Deuteronomy 25:11-12
Yes, fight fans, you read that right. If you're getting your butt kicked by another guy, and your wife grabs your opponent's stones to help you out, she gets her hand cut off.

"Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place...." -- Ephesians 5:4
There are two genres of biblically naughty words, according to Jacobs: blasphemy and profanity. Blasphemy is taking the Lord's name in vain. As for profanity, he explains, it's unclear what is and isn't allowed. Common sense would dictate a few obvious ones, but even the Bible refers to "dung" and "piss" in Ezekiel 23:20.
We are all going to Hell.

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy." -- Exodus 20:8
Taking one day off a a week to rest and meditate on God shouldn't be tough, right? Well, that all depends on how seriously you take the Sabbath (which for Jews is on Saturday and for Christians, Sunday). Who has worked or shopped on Sunday? SINNERS

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor" -- Exodus 20:16
You know you're not supposed to lie, but what about when your wife asks if her dress makes her look fat? Do you ever make up a little story about the set being broken?

"Do not go around as a gossiper among your people..." -- Leviticus 19:16
"If you take the Bible literally, you shouldn't say things about other people unless you say it to them in a helpful, constructive way,". Close down Topix.

"They shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them." -- Leviticus 20:27
"There are a tremendous number of things you can get executed for in the Bible. "Homosexuality, adultery, astrology, being a disrespectful child, being a drunken son, blasphemy, breaking the Sabbath, perjury, incest, bestiality and witchcraft." And stoning was often the execution of choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 174
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hennepin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Robbinsdale Police Shoot Woman Who Was Allegedl... Apr 22 Important 2
News Minneapolis police investigate after man found ... Apr 14 TwoGoldTeeth 2
News Klobuchar calls for regulation of laundry pods Apr 12 Not so 6
News Minneapolis police officer sues city in 'Pointe... Mar '15 Mpls 3
News Judge says 'no' to legal retainer for Hecker (Mar '10) Mar '15 elrumba 38
News Anoka Man Shot 7 Times, Suspect Arrested; Both ... (Nov '12) Feb '15 richardnoggin 10
News HealthEast hospitals embracing a 'baby-friendly... (Aug '14) Jan '15 Blood Drawing Idiots 3
More from around the web