Complaints about alligators soar

Complaints about alligators soar

There are 3 comments on the Sun-Sentinel story from May 11, 2006, titled Complaints about alligators soar. In it, Sun-Sentinel reports that:

During the 1960s, with alligator shoes and handbags commanding high prices, Florida's signature reptile underwent a steady decline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun-Sentinel.

Jonesville, NC

#1 May 19, 2006
the problems is with everyone the gator because its a wild animal and people because they are not inform if there are gator in the water. signs to warn people would be a good start and making a law how big a gator should grow. I don't understand how they think that the gator and human can live in the same place, as you can see it does not work. three people die in three different location!!!!!!!!!!we need to implement something now before it really gets outta control and they end up killing all the gators.

Since: Apr 06

Hallandale Beach

#2 May 19, 2006
What does everyone expect? The rampant over-development around the Everglades has caused these animals to spread... For every action there is a reaction, next time a gator is in your pool, call your reckless developer instead!
Paulette Clewiston FL

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2006
I live well outside Clewiston in Hendry County and I believe that most people act like idiots on the rare days that a gator is seen I have seen people toying with these animals feeding them, and trying to catch small ones Feeding them makes them less afraid to approach humans. Since they are a protected animal it is possible that their population is becoming too big and maybe there should be a hunting season to keep their numbers under control

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hendry County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Solar Power Plants Coming Spring 2018 (Mar '17) Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Democrats Meeting For Big V Breakfast May 28 (May '16) May '16 Joe Kreps 1
News Hendry Correctional Facility still on lockdown ... (Feb '09) May '16 Party man 9
News Weekend Festival Kicks Off With Big Parade (Mar '16) Mar '16 Lake Okeechobee 2
News RoadWatch Advisory for SR 80 and SR 29 Hendry C... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Saul 1
News Police presence at Brown Sugar Festival has som... (May '10) Jul '15 might miss u 16
Clewiston Sheriff Department Improved Their Per... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Clwiston Eye 1