5,000 join rally in support of Christ...

5,000 join rally in support of Christmas scene in Texas after atheists tried to take it down

There are 3 comments on the Daily Mail story from Dec 18, 2011, titled 5,000 join rally in support of Christmas scene in Texas after atheists tried to take it down. In it, Daily Mail reports that:

Up to 5,000 people joined a rally on Saturday in support of a Nativity scene in Texas that a Wisconsin-based atheist group wanted to take down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

Dan Wagner

Farmington, MN

#1 Dec 19, 2011
I am from Minnesota not very religious. But am 100% behind keeping the Nativity sceene there. It is sickening to see so many back away from these anti-reliegon groups.i am so happy to see a group that will fight back.If the others dont like it....DONT look at it. Really isnt too hard to figure that one out.Best of luck with your battle.
Dora Hutchinson

Hodgenville, KY

#2 Dec 19, 2011
I am with you as well. I for one am tired of being shoved around by these people.
Michelle

Japan

#3 Dec 20, 2011
"Religious values and political realities are so interlinked in the origin and perpetuation of this nation that we cannot lose the influence of Christianity in the public square without seriously jeopardizing our freedoms. I maintain that this is a political fact, well qualified for argument in the public square by religious people whose freedom to believe and act must always be protected by what is properly called our “First Freedom,” the free exercise of religion." -from http://newsroom.lds.org/article/beliefs-state... by Dallin H. Oaks (2009)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henderson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shooting in frankston last night (May '15) May '15 Tammy 1
News 'I wouldn't be in that car if I were you': Moth... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Cheryl 2
News New bridge at Cedar Creek Lake possible in future (Feb '14) Feb '14 local resident 1
border collie dog found (Dec '12) Dec '12 CLS 1
News Former Seven Points Mayor pleads guilty to abus... (Jan '11) Jun '12 Joni Espinoza 29
News Atheist Adopts Christianity After Church's Coll... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Amused 7
News Group demands ETX county remove nativity scene (Dec '11) Jan '12 Clint Murchison 25
More from around the web