Children Found 1 Mile From Home, Rogersville Mom Charged with Neglect

Aug 17, 2009 Full story: Http 20

A Rogersville mother faces charges after police say they found her two small children wandering a mile away from home.

Read more
uuhhh

Rogersville, TN

#1 Aug 17, 2009
I wonder what she was doing while this happened...
isnt surprised

Rockwood, TN

#2 Aug 17, 2009
uuhhh wrote:
think about it....if you know who she is, you know what she was more than likely doing.
but we know what she WASN'T doing...watching her children. how pathetic. dcs would be smart not to let her have them back!
OMG

United States

#3 Aug 17, 2009
This is horrible!!!
Just Looking Around

Smyrna, TN

#4 Aug 17, 2009
Never, ever leave children unsupervised inside or outside. If they get quiet, you better check on them. That usually means they are into something (probably should not be into). If nothing else check on them outside due to one getting hurt, someone picking them up or something coming into the yard and hurting them. These children did the ultimate: they started walking. Pavement was probably hot on their little feet, with little clothing on. It appears mom had better things to do that day. Call a sitter or take them to grandmothers. Could you live with yourself if you lost one or both of your children. Get your life together and take care of those precious babies. You are only given one chance.

“You know they all....pretend”

Since: Nov 08

Flush 'em out, TN

#5 Aug 17, 2009
(Looks at mug shot)
That's a MAN, baby!
think

Knoxville, TN

#6 Aug 17, 2009
uuhhh wrote:
hopefully, not making another innocent baby.
think

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 17, 2009
Just Looking Around wrote:
Never, ever leave children unsupervised inside or outside. If they get quiet, you better check on them. That usually means they are into something (probably should not be into). If nothing else check on them outside due to one getting hurt, someone picking them up or something coming into the yard and hurting them. These children did the ultimate: they started walking. Pavement was probably hot on their little feet, with little clothing on. It appears mom had better things to do that day. Call a sitter or take them to grandmothers. Could you live with yourself if you lost one or both of your children. Get your life together and take care of those precious babies. You are only given one chance.
everytime something happens...it's take them to grandma. grandma is busy.the mother needs to straighten out,not put the children on grandma!!!
fist city

Milan, TN

#8 Aug 17, 2009
Lord bless those lil children. How stuff like this happens,I'll never understand.
chaulkie

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2009
From the way she looks in her arrest photo.
"meth head out" I'm glad the children were nowhere around her. But my heart is pounding just thinking of all the bad things that could of happened.
none the less she deserves intense supervised probation for life. and a foot up the ass!
Chaulkie

Edison, NJ

#10 Aug 18, 2009
Find out more today on this topic in the kingsport times news....front page......
Just Looking Around

Smyrna, TN

#11 Aug 18, 2009
Given the alternative of children walking 1 mile away from home or grandmother taking care of them, I'd choose grandmother any time.

“Let us Prey”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Aug 18, 2009
I wonder if she is related to those Williams Sisters that went on Springer? She looks like them.lol

Really classy.
citizen

Kodak, TN

#13 Aug 18, 2009
the cop that arrested the mom was getting bashed in the times.net comments for arresting the mother. i dont know him but he done a good job in my book.
think

Knoxville, TN

#14 Aug 18, 2009
Just Looking Around wrote:
Given the alternative of children walking 1 mile away from home or grandmother taking care of them, I'd choose grandmother any time.
anyone would.. but what happens is the court gives the children to the grandparent so the mother can get straighten out. do you know of any that has straighten out? no, the grandmother has to start over while the mother gets to try to get over her pain with the help of everyone who will pet her. children like these (and you know a mother who loves her children would never let this happen) need to go to parents who what children and the state not give them back to this family. too many grandparents are raising children of worthless parents who won't grow up.
Thoughts Are with kids

Kingsport, TN

#15 Aug 18, 2009
I do not understand why this officer is being bashed on the Kpt. blogs. He correctly performed all his duties in this case. The children were found in the nick of time before approaching a very dangerous curve and intersection. The 6 yr old did not even know his age or last name. Children do run off, but usually parent(s) will peep out on the children when out and when noticing their absence, report their kids missing. All situations of this matter are handled by the police, rescue workers, and DCS carefully before allegations are made. Histories are investigated. The Right Call was apparently made in this situation by many professionals, not just the officer. This officer exhibited nothing but professional and humanitarian mannerisims in this case. The kids are the focal point here. May they be taken care of no matter where they are.Hats off to everyone that assisted in this matter.
Well

AOL

#16 Aug 18, 2009
I can't see any excuse that would make this situation not the mothers fault. As a kid I had to think up ways to escape the house to get outside to play before 5:00 AM. Mom had thumb latches on all doors and they were way out of my reach, even standing on a chair didn't help me get out unless I asked for help. Thank God my mom thought ahead for my sake. The officer did his job he deserves no ridicule for protecting the innocent. As for the mother, if she is a meth addict, I would seriously advocate sterilization. Animals don't treat their young the ways human's do. Thank God for guardian angels.
diane

Strawberry Plains, TN

#17 Aug 20, 2009
no one should call her a mother!
potato

Merrifield, VA

#18 Aug 20, 2009
uuhhh wrote:
If it's that important to you, why don't you call her and find out dummy
Pharmgirl

AOL

#19 Sep 1, 2009
Bet she was entertaining a boyfriend. It seems like all these women who has boyfriends are alike, they had rather have the jigilo than their kids. Put the kids first should always be a womans rule of thumb and quit letting these bums beat up on your kids and letting them come in and eat your kids food.
oldiesaregoodies

Morristown, TN

#20 Sep 2, 2009
what happened with this case? just curious?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawkins County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawkins County Sheriff Department Wiling Endang... Feb '15 Taxpayer_and_Voter 1
News Meth Materials Found In Camper (Jan '12) Feb '15 guilty as fx 19
News Suspect named in murder of 74-year-old Rogersvi... (Jan '11) Jan '15 Melia 44
News Rogersville man arrested for abusing 18-month-o... (Feb '12) Jan '15 nanananabooboo 61
News Dentist and daughter accused of TennCare fraud Jan '15 whooo whooo 22
News Hawkins Co. 16-month-old fighting for life, pre... Nov '14 justagirl 1
News Boys & Girls Club receives $15,000 donation (Oct '06) Nov '14 fyi 4
More from around the web