Farming in Harvey County changes thro...

Farming in Harvey County changes through the years

There are 5 comments on the Newton Kansan story from May 8, 2009, titled Farming in Harvey County changes through the years. In it, Newton Kansan reports that:

Our city of Newton has been many things. Among them was a rough-and-ready railhead cattle town, a railroad hub for Santa Fe, and a farming community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newton Kansan.

lilly

Lincoln, UK

#1 May 11, 2009
i have no clue about the farming and i invented google
James Dimschultz

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 May 28, 2009
Back in my day I used a team of mules to help plow my land. I never used any of that new-fangled technology like air-conditioned tractors. That's for pampered wimps. I put in 100% sweat equity on my land. It was environmentally healthier as well. And I stayed in great physical condition. That is why I am 105 years old today.

Since: Nov 07

Parsons, KS

#3 May 28, 2009
James Dimschultz wrote:
Back in my day I used a team of mules to help plow my land. I never used any of that new-fangled technology like air-conditioned tractors. That's for pampered wimps. I put in 100% sweat equity on my land. It was environmentally healthier as well. And I stayed in great physical condition. That is why I am 105 years old today.
You're so full of s--t, your eyes are brown.

Parsons, KS

#4 May 28, 2009
It's far more of a real world than spending your life nursing the government for a paycheck and never having to worry about getting fired or laid off. Obviously you are either a welfare leach or a government lacky yourself or you'd understand.

Parsons, KS

#5 May 28, 2009
earlpittsamurican wrote:
It's far more of a real world than spending your life nursing the government for a paycheck and never having to worry about getting fired or laid off. Obviously you are either a welfare leach or a government lacky yourself or you'd understand.
Ignore this. I put it on the wrong thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvey County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials: Shooting suspect had criminal record... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Cat74 43
crooks - ty kaufman - steve hilgers - carl b. a... (Oct '08) Jun '15 DC tech 21
News Marion police (Nov '10) Jun '15 DC tech 2
News Kansas Senate gives tentative OK to fracking waste (Feb '12) Feb '12 reseca joe 1
News Father releases video of 14-year-olds' fight (Jun '06) Sep '10 PAUL KERSEY 45
News Major burglary ring busted in Harvey Co. (Jan '10) Jan '10 connie 1
News Inmates work toward educations (Nov '09) Nov '09 OHIO WRANGLER 1
More from around the web