Barriers coming to I-65

Barriers coming to I-65

There are 7 comments on the Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Barriers coming to I-65. In it, Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY reports that:

Money to fund the installation of temporary concrete barriers along Interstate 65 in Hart and Larue counties is included in the 2010-2012 Biennial Highway Construction Plan, and officials hope the placement of the barriers will make traveling the road safer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY.

family

Cave City, KY

#1 Jun 9, 2010
i think they also need to widen the road the two lanes are not enough
Great

Lexington, KY

#2 Jun 9, 2010
After they put up barriers you only have to watch for cops on one side if you like to drive fast. Of course, the wrecker, fire engine or ambulance you might need later can't cross the median either, so you will have to wait, burn or hurt that much longer.
Fact

Toledo, OH

#3 Jun 9, 2010
Great wrote:
After they put up barriers you only have to watch for cops on one side if you like to drive fast. Of course, the wrecker, fire engine or ambulance you might need later can't cross the median either, so you will have to wait, burn or hurt that much longer.
they will still have emergency u turns in the median.
Great

Lexington, KY

#4 Jun 9, 2010
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
they will still have emergency u turns in the median.
I'm aware of that. It is often a long way to a turnaround, compared to cutting across the median at a reasonably level spot, a common practice in dry weather. Drive up I-65 and note how nearly everyone speeds up as soon as they get to the barriers.
dont they

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jun 10, 2010
Great wrote:
They already have to drive to emergency entrances because of the wire barriers.
ffd220

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jun 10, 2010
Great wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of that. It is often a long way to a turnaround, compared to cutting across the median at a reasonably level spot, a common practice in dry weather. Drive up I-65 and note how nearly everyone speeds up as soon as they get to the barriers.
You also understand they blocked most of the turnarounds which doubles responders times to car wreaks on 65 right? Some ones good thing to get around a speeding tickets cost peoples lives. Being your have to drives miles to find a turnaround now.
Also they should have left the concrete barriers up in the first place, they knew the cables would not stop anything. but hey.. why listen to firefighters we know nothing from running I-65 wreaks.
Great

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 10, 2010
ffd220 wrote:
<quoted text>
You also understand they blocked most of the turnarounds which doubles responders times to car wreaks on 65 right? Some ones good thing to get around a speeding tickets cost peoples lives. Being your have to drives miles to find a turnaround now.
Also they should have left the concrete barriers up in the first place, they knew the cables would not stop anything. but hey.. why listen to firefighters we know nothing from running I-65 wreaks.
Yes I do. That is why I wrote-
Great wrote:
...Of course, the wrecker, fire engine or ambulance you might need later can't cross the median either, so you will have to wait, burn or hurt that much longer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hart County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hart County Jail (Sep '08) May 9 DoubleG405 51
Parents encouraging kids to date outside of race Apr '17 Fact 1
Uno Music Thread (May '16) Mar '17 Musikologist 3
Looking For. Feb '17 Anonymous 1
Hart County Music Thread (Aug '14) Feb '17 Musikologist 5
Biased Social Services Workers Feb '17 BonnyB 1
Used metal roofing Jan '17 Tony 1
More from around the web