Church Rebuilds After Fire in 2003

May 22, 2011 Full story: WBKO-TV Bowling Green

Munfordville First United Methodist Church members like Gerald Dobson can remember what happened almost eight years ago when his church was caught up in flames.

Read more
Is it judgment day

Horse Cave, KY

#1 Jun 26, 2011
Maybe they should be praying for Hart counties criminals...oops, I mean sinners.....Prayers of the righteous avail much.....

I see the "news" and wonder what all the Christians are doing. I read something in the Bible about 'setting the captives free'. Anybody here ever read that?

Jesus came NOT for the RIGHTEOUS, but to bring the SINNER/PERP/CRIMINAL to REPENTANCE.....
Is it judgment day

Horse Cave, KY

#2 Jun 26, 2011
I also read that God can take the stony heart from us and give us a heart of flesh; I know that's true because He did it for me:)

I read that he can bring us to a sound mind, and a sound doctrine.

I also read that HE could put a NEW SPIRIT in us....

Did you guys know that Peter said: IF THE RIGHTEOUS HARDLY BE SAVED, WHERE WILL THE SINNER AND THE UNGODLY APPEAR....
Is it judgment day

Horse Cave, KY

#3 Jun 26, 2011
Did you guys know that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.....And that NONE is righteous? Or that we were first supposed to work out our OWN salvation?

Do you guys know that we receive JUDGMENT FOR JUDGMENT, and MEASURE FOR MEASURE? That we are supposed to forgive SEVEN X SEVENTY IN A DAY?

Do you know that even after God has forgiven us, if we refuse the same to others we can be made accountable again for our OWN sins...and even be set before the 'TORMENTORS' until we have paid our OWN sin debt?

Of course JESUS never ACCUSED us.... But apparently WE have no problem with it....

In the last few years the thought of those coals of fire upon their heads has been somewhat tempting....But Jesus said we were not supposed to do that....

That's what I meant about God taking the stony heart from me....Or this town could have been on fire of a spiritual kind....

Ya'll just need to remember that not all know JESUS....And it is scriptural...BLESS AND CURSE NOT, THAT IN SO DOING YE HEAP COALS OF FIRE UPON THEIR HEADS....Some don't know the difference...
Is it judgment day

Horse Cave, KY

#4 Jun 27, 2011
Is it judgment day wrote:
Did you guys know that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.....And that NONE is righteous? Or that we were first supposed to work out our OWN salvation?
Do you guys know that we receive JUDGMENT FOR JUDGMENT, and MEASURE FOR MEASURE? That we are supposed to forgive SEVEN X SEVENTY IN A DAY?
Do you know that even after God has forgiven us, if we refuse the same to others we can be made accountable again for our OWN sins...and even be set before the 'TORMENTORS' until we have paid our OWN sin debt?
Of course JESUS never ACCUSED us.... But apparently WE have no problem with it....
In the last few years the thought of those coals of fire upon their heads has been somewhat tempting....But Jesus said we were not supposed to do that....
That's what I meant about God taking the stony heart from me....Or this town could have been on fire of a spiritual kind....
Ya'll just need to remember that not all know JESUS....And it is scriptural...BLESS AND CURSE NOT, THAT IN SO DOING YE HEAP COALS OF FIRE UPON THEIR HEADS....Some don't know the difference...
Some forgot that Jesus said to Peter; Simon, Simon, Satan would have you SIFTED AS WHEAT....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hart County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a rat? a snitch? OH MY!!! (Jan '13) Mar 23 dope 2
mariah harlan Mar 17 bigzp 1
?How do you report illegal septic tanks (Apr '12) Feb '15 plunger 6
missing family dog (Jul '12) Nov '14 Ann Larson 5
bad preachers Oct '14 i know for a fact 1
Poll 21st district state representative Oct '14 Politician 0
News Two Hart County Men Arrested on Rape Charge (Oct '13) Sep '14 erica handy 20
More from around the web