Some Kentucky voters reluctant to vote for black candidate

May 20, 2008 Full story: St. Louis Post-Dispatch 154

MUNFORDVILLE, Ky. - Mike Rife is white, a semiretired factory worker with a high school education and a two-foot square sign on his lawn that makes friends and neighbors flip him the finger as they drive by.

Read more
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Jennifer

Clinton, IA

#156 Nov 8, 2008
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>So maybe now I can quit working and set on my ass like alot of ppl and draw a big old check!!!! Thats the ppl he's gona help, not us working ppl.
You are probably going to get let go from your job anyway. Have you been watching the stock market or the news? People are getting laid off left and right. All the way up to the corporate level. You might be sitting at home drawing a big fat (yeah right) unemployment check really soon.
Jennifer

Clinton, IA

#157 Nov 8, 2008
G3TT1NG N2U wrote:
Yes lets tax the Middle Class hard working American people for our economy to boost! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT!? Maybe Obama IS the right choice for President. Oh I can see the money flowing in his...I mean my pockets now
He's not taxing the middle class. Do you know what middle class income is? 250K a year is above it. Quit being so dramatic.
G3TT1NG N2U

Glasgow, KY

#158 Nov 8, 2008
My tax money with all go towards lazy bums who just wanna sit in their trailor watching a Flat Screen TV and driving a Cadillac that MY tax money is GIVEN to. Its also being given to kill babys all throughout America...I cant see a better way of how to spend my money
SCOOTY

Richmond, VA

#160 Nov 14, 2008
LET'S JUST GIVE THE MAN AN OPPORTUNITY TO GOVERN. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS REALLY AFRAID OF?
G3TT1NG N2U

Glasgow, KY

#161 Nov 15, 2008
He keeps talking about change and all hes doing is bringing back Clintons cabinet back. This isnt change! Its just history repeating itself!
Funny

Glasgow, KY

#162 Nov 15, 2008
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably going to get let go from your job anyway. Have you been watching the stock market or the news? People are getting laid off left and right. All the way up to the corporate level. You might be sitting at home drawing a big fat (yeah right) unemployment check really soon.
No Jennifer, my job would be one of the last jobs ever standing. If I were to loose my job, then u could say that everything is up the creek.

However, I don't like these dead beat ppl that have never even tried to work and make a living. They want to live off of every body else.
real

Glasgow, KY

#163 Mar 5, 2009
Wrong wrote:
I would vote for a black man, but not a ni*er
well!i guess your talking about yourself!lol
real

Glasgow, KY

#164 Mar 5, 2009
killer wrote:
<quoted text>
couldnt agree with u more and the only reason jennifer is voting for obama is cuz she probly has a black husband and mix babies... lol
and you must be kkk!which is white trash.
The Truth

Campbellsville, KY

#165 Mar 5, 2009
Military Mom wrote:
Whats the matter KY? You can't see past the end of your own noses? I know change is a hard one to make, but lets go for it. Can't you feel it in the air? This is a make or break it election. Obama wouldn't be the candidate if folks didn't want him. Wake up and smell the coffee. Obama is a human being first that cries and laughs just like you. Then he is a man because that's what he was born with. The color of his skin is only on the surface. Get over yourselves and put on a new face.
ok bitch so stay out of this if your not from kentucky then go worry about what your little poon state does unless you want me 2 shove kentucky right up ur a$$ oh dont try 2 say obama for change blah blah yea i wanted obama 2 win but lets face it the only thing changin is hes democrat and black his beliefs are no different than the other democrats so dont try 2 feed me that change non sense you know what change is? well let me lay dont sum truth on real change...if you went out and got a white or black guy from a small state living on minimum wage who just finished college for his bachelors in literature, math, and business and told him he was gonna be president for 12 weeks youll see sum goddam change but the politics who think they know it all dont know shit...so hey theres a new career choice for you. youd fit right in...and thats THE TRUTH
The Truth

Campbellsville, KY

#166 Mar 5, 2009
ok military mom bitch so stay out of this if your not from kentucky then go worry about what your little poon state does unless you want me 2 shove kentucky right up ur a$$ oh dont try 2 say obama for change blah blah yea i wanted obama 2 win but lets face it the only thing changin is hes democrat and black his beliefs are no different than the other democrats so dont try 2 feed me that change non sense you know what change is? well let me lay dont sum truth on real change...if you went out and got a white or black guy from a small state living on minimum wage who just finished college for his bachelors in literature, math, and business and told him he was gonna be president for 12 weeks youll see sum goddam change but the politics who think they know it all dont know shit...so hey theres a new career choice for you. youd fit right in...and thats THE TRUTH
Andy

Munfordville, KY

#167 Mar 6, 2009
Is Obama a black boy with a white mother or a white boy with a black father?
Tabita

Glasgow, KY

#169 Apr 21, 2009
If you feel You have been Discriminated by your local government funded offices.( Police Department, Federal assistance, Hospitals.).. Contacted here http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/legalinfo/natorigin.... and report them Even If they just didn't communicate with you because of a language barrier. They are required to have a translator. Or Call 1-888-848-5306. Address ---U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Coordination and Review Section, 1425
Washington, D.C. 20530
Tabita

Glasgow, KY

#170 Apr 21, 2009
Si usted siente que ha sido discriminado por su gobierno local financiado oficinas.(Departamento de Policía, la ayuda federal, los hospitales.).. En contacto aquí http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/legalinfo/natorigin.... y el informe de ellos, incluso si sólo no se comunique con usted debido a la barrera idiomática. Ellos están obligados a tener un traductor. O Llame 1-888-848-5306. Address ---U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Coordination and Review Section, 1425
Washington, D.C. 20530
pale horse

Toksook Bay, AK

#172 Sep 1, 2011
Obama is a porch monkey its like when they gave the ak 47 to a live chimp over in Africa by the 4 guys in one of those small country . He has sent a lot of our young men to war and patted himself on the back when the seals killed bin dyin. He hates guns and wants to take all our freedoms end of story. I am worried that they will pick me up some day and drag me to jail for saying what I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hart County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a rat? a snitch? OH MY!!! (Jan '13) Mar 23 dope 2
mariah harlan Mar 17 bigzp 1
?How do you report illegal septic tanks (Apr '12) Feb '15 plunger 6
missing family dog (Jul '12) Nov '14 Ann Larson 5
bad preachers Oct '14 i know for a fact 1
Poll 21st district state representative Oct '14 Politician 0
News Two Hart County Men Arrested on Rape Charge (Oct '13) Sep '14 erica handy 20
More from around the web