German Exchange Student
Bobby Thanh Binh Nguyen

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Jun 10, 2010
Dear Hart County News,
My name is Bobby I am from Upton, a small town in Kentucky. I have spent the last 11 months experiencing real American life here in Mundfordville as part of EF Foundation for Foreign Study's international high school exchange program. In the time I’ve spent here, I’ve made many friends and shared experiences that will be with me for the rest of my life. I wouldn’t trade my time in HCHS for anything.
I want to thank the people of Hart County for their great hospitality. I also want to thank everyone at School for helping make me feel at home. My teacher and coaches showed such patience and willingness to help me become an American high school student and I cannot thank them enough.
My transition to American life was made so easy through the work of EF Exchange Coordinator Rosemary. She was there when I needed her and would go above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable.
Finally, thank you to my host parents, Bonita and Timothy Butler, and American brother Justin and sister Lara, for welcoming me into their home and so generously accepting me as their “Family member”. I cannot tell them enough how much I appreciate their kindness and help adjusting to a different country. I hope I was able to enrich their lives through my culture as much as they have enriched mine. I encourage others in the community to invite a foreign student into their home. It will change your life -- and the student's -- forever!
Thank you and farewell,
Bobby(ichbinbobby lol) Germany
chris

Cave City, KY

#2 Jun 30, 2010
Bobby Thanh Binh Nguyen wrote:
Dear Hart County News,
My name is Bobby I am from Upton, a small town in Kentucky. I have spent the last 11 months experiencing real American life here in Mundfordville as part of EF Foundation for Foreign Study's international high school exchange program. In the time I’ve spent here, I’ve made many friends and shared experiences that will be with me for the rest of my life. I wouldn’t trade my time in HCHS for anything.
I want to thank the people of Hart County for their great hospitality. I also want to thank everyone at School for helping make me feel at home. My teacher and coaches showed such patience and willingness to help me become an American high school student and I cannot thank them enough.
My transition to American life was made so easy through the work of EF Exchange Coordinator Rosemary. She was there when I needed her and would go above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable.
Finally, thank you to my host parents, Bonita and Timothy Butler, and American brother Justin and sister Lara, for welcoming me into their home and so generously accepting me as their “Family member”. I cannot tell them enough how much I appreciate their kindness and help adjusting to a different country. I hope I was able to enrich their lives through my culture as much as they have enriched mine. I encourage others in the community to invite a foreign student into their home. It will change your life -- and the student's -- forever!
Thank you and farewell,
Bobby(ichbinbobby lol) Germany
that just what we need germans over good old usa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hart County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
?How do you report illegal septic tanks (Apr '12) 6 hr Henry Flutterbutt 8
Road block Sep 10 Lil big town 1
Hart County Jail (Sep '08) Sep 8 Cookie 52
hart county jail deputys (Jan '11) Sep 8 Cookie 2
Does anyone remember a man named buger back in ... Sep 1 smoky1976 1
Parents encouraging kids to date outside of race Jun '17 jason 2
Uno Music Thread (May '16) Mar '17 Musikologist 3
More from around the web