Jail privatization bill passes committee

Jail privatization bill passes committee

There are 38 comments on the The South Mississippi Sun Herald story from Mar 28, 2007, titled Jail privatization bill passes committee. In it, The South Mississippi Sun Herald reports that:

Expected by many to kill a Harrison County Jail privatization bill, the Senate Local and Private Committee on Wednesday passed the bill, sending it on to the full Senate for a vote, likely to come today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The South Mississippi Sun Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#21 Jun 10, 2007
I guess we will always find people as yourself trying to twist something good into something bad.
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#22 Jun 10, 2007
Terrell's plan is all about communication. Well yea, that is only common sense! It doesn't have to be restated over and over again as a 10 point plan to sound impressive!
As many Harrison County citizens agree, There will be a NEW SHERIFF in this county and his name is MR. NEIL RESH!!!
Blind man Can see

AOL

#23 Jun 10, 2007
What I see when I evaluate Resh is someone that is full of himself and busting at the seams to be important in his own mind. A good law enforcement office with the rank of Capt would have known how to end problems if he were aware of them instead of running from them.. In the military there was a word for the spit and polish but no leadership skills like this...that word was worthless...
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#24 Jun 10, 2007
Sounds like to me you are describing another candidate, WORTHLESS, and if you do a little research, you will find something REPULSIVE!
As I said before, and so many agree, there will be a new sheriff in this county and his name is Mr. Neil Resh!!!
God Bless You!
oli man

China Spring, TX

#25 Jun 11, 2007
look. glen terell's supporters are doing every thing they can to cloud the judgement of the good citizens on harrison co. bottom line is that glenn cant stop neil and his is strong supporters. therefore they are going the way glenn's morals lead them, Bad mouthing. if all you can do is sit and make up lies and false statments i feel sorry for you campaign, and you.
Harrison County Educator

Meridian, ID

#26 Jun 13, 2007
Glen Terrell's ten point plan to improve the Harrison County Sheriff's Department was published months ago. It involves improving communication with other elected officials, with other Law Enforcement Agencies and with the public. It also involves Promoting and supporting Jail Privatization, Opening the Sheriff's Dept to the public, Creating a Citizen Advisory commision, Auditing, evaluating & realigning personnel and resources, Improving personnel training and evaluation, and Developing and strengthening a working relationship with Department of Mental Health. www.glenforsheriff.com explains it all.
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#27 Jun 13, 2007
Like I said before Former LE Officer, who are you really?
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#28 Jun 13, 2007
You know the old saying GOOD GUYS finish last, well not in this case. Mr. Neil Resh (the GOOD GUY) will be the winner!!! www.neilresh.com
Harrison County Educator

Meridian, ID

#29 Jun 15, 2007
The teacher won't comment about the HORRENDOUS problems in our classrooms.
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#30 Jun 15, 2007
I didn't think this forum was about that topic. The problems in my classroom are obsolete. Students know that I mean business from Day 1. I also help anyone I can in resolving problems that may arise in other classrooms.
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#31 Jun 18, 2007
Someone is changing other posters' screen names with my screen name on this forum and other related forums. HOW CHILDISH! Obviously this person is trying to cloud the judgement of readers and can NOT come to terms with the fact that Mr. Neil Resh will be this county's next sheriff!!!

Since: Jun 07

China Spring, TX

#32 Jun 18, 2007
sounds like it is le officer a GLENN TERELL supporter. the fleas of a fether flock togeather)you know you can find out who is doing that. le officer is stupid to think you can get away with that. vote for neil and help keep ignorant people like his out of law enforcement.
Red Fox

AOL

#33 Jul 29, 2007
Those of you who think Capt. Resh was at the
jail when the shit hit the fan you are wrong.
Its when he let all control was lost. Capt Resh kept things under control when he was there. For God's Sake he was the Sheriff after 1700 hours. Get it together boys!8676
Harrison County Educator

Bisbee, AZ

#34 Jul 30, 2007
Red Fox wrote:
Those of you who think Capt. Resh was at the
jail when the shit hit the fan you are wrong.
Its when he let all control was lost. Capt Resh kept things under control when he was there. For God's Sake he was the Sheriff after 1700 hours. Get it together boys!8676
Amen to that! You've said it all!
August 7th vote Neil Resh for Sheriff-The Right Man The Right Time!!!!
Imagine That

Dyersburg, TN

#35 Aug 19, 2007
You people are so caught up in your own selves and your own thoughts that you don't even comment about the topic.
ted

Denver, CO

#36 Mar 5, 2010
test
MRR

Tchula, MS

#37 Mar 11, 2011
Rodney Bridges wrote:
Neil Resh bullies young people and lies under oath.
This is false. Neil Resh does not bully anyone. He is a child at heart with a fun, addictive, hard working personality. He has great ideas that people need to be opened up to. He knows so much about everything there is. All he needs is a chance to prove it.
MRR

Tchula, MS

#38 Mar 11, 2011
Iwitness wrote:
"Wasn't he in a position to resolve the problems." Wasn't his Captain rank real? Wasn't his office in the jail? Weren't the problems going on when he was there? Wasn't he sworn to uphold the law? Ever think he was just too scared to speak up?
___He Did speak up, but no one did anything. He has great ideas and knows what needs to be done. All he needs is a higher rank (Sheriff) to show this to Harrison County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrison County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man who threw cocaine off hotel balcony gets 20... May 6 condom dealer 1
News Man acting as his own attorney charged with per... Mar '16 peter parker 1
News Harrison County supervisors vote to keep Nativi... Dec '15 Bill Ucksy 1
News Biloxi Police: Woman pours hot cooking oil on h... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Roycarl 1
News Biloxi voters will choose new mayor on Tuesday (May '15) May '15 Helm 1
Harrison County DHS caseworker fraud case. Anyo... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Stevesvt 1
News Bribery trial of former utility director delaye... (Feb '15) Feb '15 John 1
More from around the web