Jail privatization bill passes committee

Full story: The South Mississippi Sun Herald

Expected by many to kill a Harrison County Jail privatization bill, the Senate Local and Private Committee on Wednesday passed the bill, sending it on to the full Senate for a vote, likely to come today.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 07

Meridian, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2007

Glen Terrell's qualifications, experience, education, purpose and resolve are impressive. Visit his website to and determine for yourself. I find him quite educated in both law enforcement and business, exceptionally experienced in law enforcement, business and national service, exceedingly trained for a leadership role in Harrison County, well prepared with a 10 point plan, armed with purpose and resolve, and a perspective that only someone as well traveled as he can have. www.glenforsheriff.com
Current Law Officer

Perkinston, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2007

Your going to loose to Neil Resh.

Your not even from here and you have no experience or practical knowledge regarding politics or what the responsibilities are for the important position of Sheriff.

Ask Neil for a job, get some experience get involved like he has then concider running.

Meridian, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

I know Neil. He's a nice guy. I'm sure that if I needed a job and asked him for one he'd do what he could. I don't want or need a job from anyone. I certainly don't want a part time city councilman job or a job as a courthouse security guard.

I live here and have experienced law enforcement intimately in rather high capacities professionally and socially. I've also been a consultant for local agencies and hundreds of others throughout the country. Thanks for asking about me.

A person that can accept important responsibilities would have gathered evidence, made a case and gone to the DA or AG himself instead of taking retirement and just walking away from the problem like Neil did.
Richard Ross

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2007

Having had the opportunity to work along side both of these fine former officers, it would be difficult to choose between them.

Captain Resh had more supervisory experience than Glen had, although Glen had experience within the private sector
following his exit from the City.

Meridian, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

I've worked with both also. Glen Terrell was an investigator and a risk manager long before Neil Resh became a patrol shift supervisor. Glen served local Law Enforcement another several years after Gulfport PD with the Sheriff's Department. He was in charge of Internal Affairs and flying Sheriff's Department aircraft in search and rescue, drug interdiction and prisoner transport. His law enforcement titles include Detective, Investigator, Risk Manager, Pilot and Internal Affairs Manager Oh!... and Captain.

In the private sector he was support services director in a 1500 employee operation. Terrell's administrative and fiscal expertise and responsibilities in Law Enforcement and beyond is more relevant to the Sheriff's job than Neil's Patrol Shift Supervisor tasks.

The Marshal Service only requires a GS-5 General Experience Rating. I'm sure Glen Terrell's rating is in the double digits.

The real question though may be who has the courage to deal with the problems directly. All I hear from Neil is a bunch of whining about the problems and how he couldn't do anything about it when he was there.
King Fisherman II

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

I know Glen as a man of action, he also takes every opportunity to talk with people about his plan. Neil on the other hand has turned a blind eye and closed off communications with quite a few people. His don't bother me attitude when others point things out will be his downfall. Maybe he thinks being a City Councilman in Gulfport means he doesn't have to talk with Biloxi people...I have been lining up Terrell votes in Biloxi simply because he is working the whole county and talking to everyone possible. If he carrys the same efforts to the Sheriff's Office we will be well served.

With Neil Special Interests will prevail which is evidenced by the $1200 a month billboards and his refusal to talk to anyone without money in their hand..Sorry Neil but there is a very Strong No Resh movement in Biloxi because you have shown already you are in it for you and you alone...
former gpt empoyee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

i knew glen when he was risk manager for gpt.. all he wanted to do was drive around town and sit around the offices of city hall.. good thing mayor combs got rid of him by asking him to either resign or plan on being fired.. he was worthless..glen always acts like he knows more than he really does.. he is a nice guy..dont get me wrong but.. he just is not the choice for sheriff.. and brisalora.not much will change there if he is elected .. the current sheriff lawyers will continue to get rich and fail to be honest.. so neither of these guys get my vote...
Intheknow

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2007

Ken Combs praised Glen Terrell for the all the money he saved the city. George Payne sure didn't like him though.
former gpt employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

the $$ saved was gpt city attorney harry hewes not glen

Meridian, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

I'm sure it was a team effort. Glen was the risk manager.
current law man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

Current Law Officer wrote:
Your not even from here and you have no experience or practical knowledge regarding politics or what the responsibilities are for the important position of Sheriff.
Ask Neil for a job, get some experience get involved like he has then concider running.
neil resh is a life long resident of gulfport and has most likley fogoten more about the law than you will ever know. get you facts straght
king fisherman II

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

LOL current law man must be from Gulfport too. He attacked Current Law Officer for this comment

Current Law Officer wrote:

by saying

neil resh is a life long resident of gulfport and has most likley fogoten more about the law than you will ever know. get you facts straght

Seems to me law Officer said Neil was going to WIN
Lucious

Meridian, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

He be just a little confused. Kinda lak resh he done forgot a lot. Maybe its allztimers.
Rodney Bridges

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

Neil Resh bullies young people and lies under oath.
Concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

I am a former Sheriffs Deputy and Former Internal affairs Investigator, Both Resh and Terrell have various expierence Neil as a medic, SWAT Instructor and Emergency situations is a proven professional, but has he ever budgeted for a department orhad to do a complex investigation himself..Glen Has!
Harrison County Educator

Joplin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Check out Mr. Neil Resh's website, www.neilresh.com . Very Impressive! He will get my vote. A decent man with good family morals which also carries over into his professional life!
Blind man Can see

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2007

Harrison County Educator may I suggest you fix problems in classrooms before you get into something where the fluff of a pretty web site has blinded you to the fact Resh was at teh Department as a Capt and said he left because he could not fix the probelms he knew existed.. So instead he just walked out and left them in place.... Terrell is a much better choice and when you go down the list he is about the only one that is conflict free when you look at the money trail
Harrison County Educator

Joplin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2007

Blind man can see, may I suggest that you look at that website again. Did you not see the exceptional qualifications, training, and experience this man has compared to that of Terrell or any of the other candidates? Oh and by the way, I don't have problems in my classroom and when Mr. Resh becomes Sheriff the problems in this county will become obsolete!
lucious

Meridian, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2007

resh got purty flashy website. he forgot to put in there what he's gonna do. may be cause ain't nothin there. terrell has a plan and ain't afeared to show it.
Iwitness

Meridian, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2007

"Wasn't he in a position to resolve the problems." Wasn't his Captain rank real? Wasn't his office in the jail? Weren't the problems going on when he was there? Wasn't he sworn to uphold the law? Ever think he was just too scared to speak up?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harrison County Discussions

Search the Harrison County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Man injured when homemade explosive malfunctions Jun 26 gulf 1
3 more charged in sex ruse, robbery (Nov '07) Jun 22 The truth 3
Incorrect ballots surface at 11 Harrison County... Jun '14 engaging conversation 1
White House Hotel gets partial tax incentive Jun '14 Hudson Smith 1
Capital murder case bound over to grand jury (Sep '09) Apr '14 ann Mobley 69
Catfish Charlie going strong after 27 years (Jan '08) Apr '14 Michelle 42
More Mar '14 Wes 1
•••
•••