Coal company ordered to pay miners $1...

Coal company ordered to pay miners $19,000

There are 41 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Jan 26, 2011, titled Coal company ordered to pay miners $19,000. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

Administrative Law Judge Janet G. Harner ruled that D&C Mining Corporation had to pay Harlan miners Chad Alex Green and William Donnie Smith $19,000 in back pay for unlawfully discriminating against them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bell county

Harlan, KY

#1 Jan 30, 2011
both of those guys are sorry asses

Anderson, SC

#2 Jan 31, 2011
wonder how much lone mountian will have to pay ?
hmm

Harlan, KY

#3 Jan 31, 2011
why would lone mountain have to pay any of them or anyone???? that was a different company and i dont know the guys but they should have to pay them no matter how sorry they are if your working in hazardous conditions then you can not be held responsible they done the right thing by calling the law

Anderson, SC

#4 Jan 31, 2011
referring to lone mountians violations that has nothing to do with anyone else !
hmm

Harlan, KY

#5 Jan 31, 2011
what are you talking about??? you said wonder how much lone mt will have to pay?? and the topic is about these two boys so what are you even referring to dumb dick
coal miner

Hazard, KY

#6 Feb 7, 2011
they will have to take the money and leave kentucky because they will never get a job no where in ky or va or 10c they have been blacked balled by coal mines every where,it has been this way for ever just ask robert simpson of cranks roy jackson stoped him from ever working in the mines ever.so you 2 men better take the money and leave harlan.so sad.
inspector joe

Harlan, KY

#7 Feb 7, 2011
no this does not mean that at all what this means is this company will do what they are told or there ass will be looking for work cause they will not be running coal. these men done the right thing and if there held to another standard i advise them to come too the office of mine safety and have a talk with us and the companys will be in court again because miners have rights and this stuff gos on because of punks not real miners and you punks out there black balling as you called it is gonna stop cause the tides are about to get rough. take heed to that pal.
boss man

Hazard, KY

#8 Feb 10, 2011
so thats what you think all they got to do is not hire eather one of them and say we dont need no one right now or we just filled that spot then what can you do then pal.
inspector joe

Harlan, KY

#9 Feb 10, 2011
trust me there is ways to find out i can personally guarantee that i can find out if it takes a year i can send people over and over undercover i can get friends that i have that already work for the companys there is people who are honest that go to church that will tell me
boss man

Hazard, KY

#10 Feb 10, 2011
inspector joe you blowed that when you said honest and church theres no such thing.
big wes smith

Macon, GA

#11 Feb 12, 2011
i can tell u this im kin to one of the guys i dont no shit about his work habits but im sure he has ruined his mineing career. theys to many people who abuse shit like that ive worked in conditions to where i didnt no if i was coming out but i didnt call the inspectors i hung in there til it got better or found another job sure theres hazardous conditions but what the hell its the coal mines not micky dees its bad enuff for us miners now with all the inspectors and that tree huggin muslim we have in office donnie ure good people man but u kno that was wrong would u have called them on rome rember i worked in the dog holes rome ran far from legal hell man some of us have to work in there to survive andwere finally being paid a good wage im 39 no education makeing 30 dollars a hour the last thing i need is people calling the law it only makes it harder on us trying to make a living so u do u thats ure choice but im affraid in the long run youll reaize the mistake thats been made any coal operators out there reading this please dont let one smith ruin the familys coal mineing name im a 4th generation miner and my sons carrying on behind me and all the smith men besides this ones dam good top of the line miners dont mean to offend but the truths the truth
bell county

Harlan, KY

#12 Mar 13, 2011
that little bit of money they got ant nothing 2 big daddy gus hill he gives that much 2 his call girls monthly
oxypoison

Winchester, KY

#13 Mar 13, 2011
coal people is lowlife they just screw the employee
asn

Ashland, KY

#14 Mar 13, 2011
oxypoison wrote:
coal people is lowlife they just screw the employee
that right the coal company's do nothing but screw the family's over when there a death and they screw coal miners out of there black lung and that company did those two family's dirty they deserved that money... people just need to shut there traps unless they know those family's and know what really happened
ANGELA MEADE

Winchester, KY

#15 Mar 13, 2011
big wes smith wrote:
i can tell u this im kin to one of the guys i dont no shit about his work habits but im sure he has ruined his mineing career. theys to many people who abuse shit like that ive worked in conditions to where i didnt no if i was coming out but i didnt call the inspectors i hung in there til it got better or found another job sure theres hazardous conditions but what the hell its the coal mines not micky dees its bad enuff for us miners now with all the inspectors and that tree huggin muslim we have in office donnie ure good people man but u kno that was wrong would u have called them on rome rember i worked in the dog holes rome ran far from legal hell man some of us have to work in there to survive andwere finally being paid a good wage im 39 no education makeing 30 dollars a hour the last thing i need is people calling the law it only makes it harder on us trying to make a living so u do u thats ure choice but im affraid in the long run youll reaize the mistake thats been made any coal operators out there reading this please dont let one smith ruin the familys coal mineing name im a 4th generation miner and my sons carrying on behind me and all the smith men besides this ones dam good top of the line miners dont mean to offend but the truths the truth
U KEEP MY DADS NAME OUT OF UR MOUTH IF U NEED TO SAY SOMETHING COME TO MY FACE MY DAD IS MORE THEN A MAN THEN U WILL EVER BE IN UR LIFE f*** Y**
donnie

Winchester, KY

#16 Mar 13, 2011
big wes you are as full of shit as everybody else.you of all people should know me better than that if not like every body else you can kiss my ass. i did nothing wrong. dont ever talk obout my dad again.he was more of a man than gus will ever be.so you all can talk all you want but until you say it to my face you are nothing more than chicken shit. wes you better stay out of my business.you dont want bad blood.
hehe

Winchester, KY

#17 Mar 13, 2011
bell county wrote:
that little bit of money they got ant nothing 2 big daddy gus hill he gives that much 2 his call girls monthly
yeah let me guess u suck his d*ck to get the money u get from him
Billie

Winchester, KY

#18 Mar 13, 2011
Did you not read the paper,,they was found not to be the ones that called,the owners and people of D&C wanted rid of my husband and Chad since Rome got killed,,,u all do not know the situation and even if u did it is not none of ur business.And as far as jobs,,,Chad and Donnie both work..in the mines,,and so what if they r black balled,,,Donnie made better money and at construction anyway.And WESLEY,U HAVE KNOW RIGHT TO JUDGE ANYONE,,LOOK AT UR LIFE,WHAT DO U HAVE AT UR BIG 39 DOLLARS AN HOUR,,,NOT SH*T.AT LEAST DONNIE HAS NEVER BEEN TO PRISON.WONDER HOW A FELON GETS A JOB.My husband is a good man and he was accused wrongly,,and D&C had to pay for there wrong judging.They brought it all on thereself,and if Donnie called the inspectors,wonder why the boss left his whole crew of men underground while MY HUSBAND stayed behind to set pumps in front of the seal to get controll of the water.
ANGELA

Winchester, KY

#19 Mar 13, 2011
BUB HE DONT HAVE THE BA!!S TO COME SAY IT TO UR FACE AND WHAT I FIND FUNNY IS WHEN DAD GOT KILLED ALL THESE PEOPLE COME UP AND SAID OH I LOVED UR DAD SO MUCH AND HE WAS A GOOD MAN AND A HARD WORKER BUT I GUESS THEY THINK WE FORGOT WHO ALL COME UP AND SAID IT WE ALL KNOW THAT WES SMITH IS FILL OF DOG SH*T
Jen

United States

#20 Mar 13, 2011
big wes smith wrote:
Rome was one hell of a man......one of the best! I loved that man like a dad! So yea keep his da*m name outta your mouth! He is better than you could ever dream to be! You ain't got shit on Rome you a** hole drug addict!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russell Alred (Aug '15) Apr 20 countrygirl 6
KY state cops Apr 20 Toe-sniffin11 3
News Charges against Otis Hensley dropped (Aug '08) Apr 5 Girl0748 26
any good men left (Jan '14) Mar '17 Looking 22
568 neighbor case. Nosey or Paranoid? Mar '17 Anonymous 1
Looking to have some fun Mar '17 Happy days 1
Pamela. morgan Mar '17 blondie 2
More from around the web