SICK IN BECKLEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2007

ARH A NON PROFIT CORPORATION MADE A 500 MILLION DOLLAR PROFIT WITH THESE HILLBILLY WORKERS.
TONIGHT I GOT A PERSON WHOSE MOTHER WAS IN THE HOSPITAL CUSSED ME AND STUCK THE MIDDLE FINGER AND TOLD ME TO NEGOTIATE INSTED OF STRIKING.
JERRY HAYNES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INCOME OF 750,000 PLUS BONUS FOR PROFIT, I INVITE YOU TO MY TABLE.
arh employee 11 years

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2007

we found out tonight that raleigh general hospital..a local hospital in beckley wv ....is not helping our cause...2 ct techs are working in our radiology department..it is ashame they would do that to people in there own town for money.. Thanks a lot raleigh general..
arh employee 11 years

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2007

SICK IN BECKLEY wrote:
ARH A NON PROFIT CORPORATION MADE A 500 MILLION DOLLAR PROFIT WITH THESE HILLBILLY WORKERS.
TONIGHT I GOT A PERSON WHOSE MOTHER WAS IN THE HOSPITAL CUSSED ME AND STUCK THE MIDDLE FINGER AND TOLD ME TO NEGOTIATE INSTED OF STRIKING.
JERRY HAYNES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INCOME OF 750,000 PLUS BONUS FOR PROFIT, I INVITE YOU TO MY TABLE.
We would like to negotiate..did you tell that to the mother?
middlesboro_ky

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

arh worker wrote:
I personally can't afford to go on strike, but i will not let them run us over and try to stick us current employees and future employess with this horrible contract! So i will be on the picket line come April 1st.....
I work business to business and I deal with hospitals throughout the state. ARH is a non-profit and even the for profit hospitals in KY are operating on a 4%-6% profit margin. Every hospital I deal with is cutting back on health insurance benefits because they can't afford to keep paying the 20% increases for health insurance each year. I also worked with two plants in Eastern, KY that had to shut down operations because the union conditions made those plants unprofitable.
I believe in fair and equitable wages and benefits, but we need to ask ourselves what are other companies in our same industry offering their employees? I can tell you through my experiences that even some of the larger hospitals have fewer benefits than ARH.
Education

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Did you all think that some people care more about the person who is sick then you all! I don't agree with the person who gave you the finger but you have to understand that this person is sick and in need of help and your more intrested in working 36 hours and getting paid for 40. Somehow that doesn't seem right to me. The reason I posted anything in here is because I have lived in an ARH area my entire life. Dr's at ARH saved my life and my fathers. For that I am greatful! My problem with you all is the way you act on the picket line. If your not happy there are different ways of going about it. You would get more respect if you didn't act like the idiots on TV in Harlan. There is no reason to harm or yell at somone for doing what THEY need to do. You all don't make my choices and I don't make yours. The people would have more money if you didn't have Union dues. Also you would make more if the admin at ARH didn't have to spend 3 months in talks with Union people on issues your not aware. Several post's here have stated "what is really on the table"?
SICK IN BECKLEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

I urge the union leadership to show the offer. ARH is claiming they are making a fair deal and they keep using the phrase " based on what other hospitals pay".
What they dont tell you is that it is fair compared to what other hospitals are paying in the area, but just like everything else in the mountains, its 10 years behind.
My wifes job pays about 21 dollars an hour. Thats a 4 year college degree, countinued medical education each year and 15 years experience. Raleigh General the local competitor pays 16 dollars. Well hospitals in places like Richmond Va charlotte NC are paying 35 to 50 dollars an hour for the same job.
ARH a non profit hospital made 500 million dollars in 06. To cut all the benefits they are trying to take from us will save them 1 and a half million dollars. Thats just down right greed.
Jerry Haynes makes 750,000 dollars a year and a bonus for profit. Maybe his bonus will grow by about 10,000 for just the money and im sure he has a break the union pay clause of a 100,000.
SICK IN BECKLEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

also you are misinformed. NO STEEL WORKER works 36 and gets paid for 40. That is the rn who are blessed with that. I guess somebody in lexington said gosh we are so stupid for that and we must win the next contract to save face. Also the new proposal from ARH is about as stupid as that but in a different direction
Education

Walton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Sick in Beckley. I would take a look at your information. I have done my homework. I know for a fact there was no profit of 500 Million!
Williamson USW Worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Well, regardless of whether there's a 500 million profit, 50 million profit, or a 5 million profit..there is a profit, in a non-profit organization. I think it's sad that our community CEO here at South Williamson ARH (Wes Dangerfield) said to workers as they walked out Saturday night, "Good riddance". That's a pretty scumbag thing to do. He, his wife, and HIS DOG have been staying on third floor at the hospital, and when he comes out and drives across our picket line, he just has a smirk on his face. I bet when he's cleaning the bathrooms and washing refried beans out of the kettles, after serving up the mexican workers' food (along with Ron Cisco)that smirk isn't on his face.
Greishop basher

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

SICK IN BECKLEY wrote:
Where do you get your numbers???? They are as off as you are if you think this is true
Hell yeah

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

the mexicans need to be sent back, maybe over to eagle eye in beckley's home since that person is so adament in not supporting the union or americans. El azul needs a picket line in front of their place cause you can bet your a$$ the guy who owns el azul is the contact for the mexican scabs. USWA ALL THE WAY!!!!
Education

Walton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Williamson USW worker, That is why he smirks because you make silly comments like you just did. You all would get your point to them if you all would act like you had some sense. Running around yelling at people and making dumbass comments just make you look stupid. I don't expect you to understand that anyway. That "Mexican" is getting your paycheck this week and i'm sure he thanks you!
BARHworker

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

A dog in the hospital....I mean other than the two-legged administrative personnel. Maybe someone should call OSHA. Being from Beckley, we had good Ol' Wes before he came to Kentucky. And you know what we said when he left???? GOOD RIDDANCE!!

ARH claims to be all about the community, but they would rather pay double or triple what they pay us to out of towners. Also, to anyone who say ARH is so great and we should all just go back to work and be thankful for what we got.....put in an application, they are hiring on their website. Then come back in a couple of years and tell us how great it is. Yeah, we all know that there is other jobs out there, but our co-workers and patients are the reason we stay.
SICK IN BECKLEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Well then how much was it lexington. My info was right about the 36 for 40.
Upset Citizen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Now that you are stirking, I want to know one thing... What gives you the right to stop my car, lay your hands on my car, demand to know where I am going and force me out of the road down to the hospital? I have always been a union supporter, but I don't support you any more. I had to walk to my doctor's appointment from the side of the road. I was yelled at and called horrible names (names that even focused on my looks). There may be people who support this kind of action, but most of us do not support it. Try being a little more professional. This is my community and my hospital. I deserve to live here and I want this hospital here, too. So, go ahead and strike but stop harassing people!
member of the community

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

I walked into ARH today and by gosh if those mexicans are working that is the first time that hospital ever looked so clean. Keep up the good work mexicans.
bar-h lpn

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

arh employee 11 years wrote:
we found out tonight that raleigh general hospital..a local hospital in beckley wv ....is not helping our cause...2 ct techs are working in our radiology department..it is ashame they would do that to people in there own town for money.. Thanks a lot raleigh general..
I agree!!! Healthcare workers should stick together and support one another. R.G.H. should be giving the hands- on workers support, not the company.
bar-h lpn

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

rocco massey gave an interview and he looked rough!!! must not be going as smooth in the hospital as they claim!! praying for a decent contract with these new talks in Ky. stay stong and keep the energy on the picket-line!!!!!!!!!!
Williamson USW Worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Education wrote:
Williamson USW worker, That is why he smirks because you make silly comments like you just did. You all would get your point to them if you all would act like you had some sense. Running around yelling at people and making dumbass comments just make you look stupid. I don't expect you to understand that anyway. That "Mexican" is getting your paycheck this week and i'm sure he thanks you!
Wes...is that you, buddy? You seem awfully touchy over a little comment that I made...I didn't say anything much at all..other than Wes is cleaning bathrooms and washing kettles with Ron..hahah. I'd love to have a picture of that.
Williamson USW Worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

member of the community wrote:
I walked into ARH today and by gosh if those mexicans are working that is the first time that hospital ever looked so clean. Keep up the good work mexicans.
Hmm..that's quite odd, considering someone who had been in the hospital came out today and as they were leaving they rolled down their window and said "If it's any consolation, the hospital is filthy."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of357
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harlan County Discussions

Search the Harlan County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cupp Family Home 11 hr bandit one 1
Kentucky Man Faces Felony After Allegedly Throw... Jul 11 Myopinion357 5
Constable maybe Jul 10 SMA 1
Old funeral homes Jul 5 just like to know 1
Bunnies, Rabbits, or domestic rabbit meat for sale Jun 29 Mike Spegal 1
swift truck in putney Jun 25 DRIVER 1
silver Jun 23 sexykool6969 1
•••
•••