Victim of Ax Attack Testifies in Court - wtvr

There are 60 comments on the WTVR story from Dec 2, 2009, titled Victim of Ax Attack Testifies in Court - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

A Lee Davis High School student struck in the side of the face with an ax, testified before a Hanover County judge Wednesday that he had no previous interaction with his assailant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Mechanicsville, VA

#42 Dec 9, 2009
Please tell me why Chalkley suddenly is willing to try a defendant for their crime. Omar is of Arab descent and I feel that definitely factors into the attorney's decisions.
I think everyone can remember the preacher who left his 3 year old daughter in a car to die and received less than a year of jail time, if any, and 200 hours of community service. Shameful public behavior.

“FREE OMAR”

Since: Oct 09

Mechanicsville, VA

#43 Dec 10, 2009
WWW wrote:
Everyone is absolutely ridiculous. You being a friend of Omar would know that he is prone to violently overreacting at times even if he is barely provoked. He should seek psychiatric analysis and obtain help, but charging a sixteen year old as an adult would be ridiculous for this crime.
Omar hurt Austin, but Austin really should not be this pitied. Believe me Life Term, if you value intelligence, Austin would not deserve this extent of defense. You obviously have never come in contact with him. How dare you fight online with teenagers expecting them to act like they have achieved undergraduate degrees! You really are ridiculous. Do something better with your time like host a Klan meeting because everyone can clearly see you are racist. However you said that you are fine with that so live your life.
Try him as a juvenile and get him help. That Austin is not going to leave Mechanicsville anyways so the scar will not be that debilitating and believe me it did not put a dent in anything attractive. He lived, did not learn a lesson and he can still chew tobacco with the hole in his face.
Despite where you fall on the political spectrum all of you are ridiculous.
i agree with you, omar should get help and not be put in prison, which would undoubtedly make things worse.
Life Term

United States

#44 Dec 10, 2009
I am not defending Austin. However, I am going after the attacker with full force. He knew what he was doing. Did you not know what you were doing at sixteen years of age? I certainly did; and was ready to stand trial for my actions. Funny, I never struck anyone in the face with an ax. I did manage to get in a few fights. I lost some, and I won some; but never pulled a knife, gun, or ax on anyone. Moreover, when does one accept responsibility in this life WWW? I was taught to accept it from the start. Let me think for a secondÖI have no debt, studied hard, work hard, have a beautiful family, serve my faith and my country in the military, and have no apologies for holding others to a higher standard. Seems to me I have achieved the American dream. Wow, and to think I did it from a financially meager beginning, with nothing but two upstanding, debt free, all American parents, that demanded responsibility and accountability from their son. You know, it seems to me, I am a lot better off than the lot of you! No, know I am sure of it; I am 100% better off than the lot of you! If nothing else, I understand the definition of honor, accountability, valor, and integrity. Oh yes, and the difference between right and wrong.

Post script: Cool Story Bro: you might have to look the definition to those words up. I am quite sure you have not studied their meaning in public school. Itís alright, they didnít teach them to me in public school either. My family did. Teach your children these things parents. Otherwise, you destroy what little future we all have left; and you are left with social idiots who make excuses for everyone and their evil transgressions.

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

#45 Dec 10, 2009
Life Term wrote:
I am not defending Austin. However, I am going after the attacker with full force. He knew what he was doing. Did you not know what you were doing at sixteen years of age? I certainly did; and was ready to stand trial for my actions. Funny, I never struck anyone in the face with an ax. I did manage to get in a few fights. I lost some, and I won some; but never pulled a knife, gun, or ax on anyone. Moreover, when does one accept responsibility in this life WWW? I was taught to accept it from the start. Let me think for a secondÖI have no debt, studied hard, work hard, have a beautiful family, serve my faith and my country in the military, and have no apologies for holding others to a higher standard. Seems to me I have achieved the American dream. Wow, and to think I did it from a financially meager beginning, with nothing but two upstanding, debt free, all American parents, that demanded responsibility and accountability from their son. You know, it seems to me, I am a lot better off than the lot of you! No, know I am sure of it; I am 100% better off than the lot of you! If nothing else, I understand the definition of honor, accountability, valor, and integrity. Oh yes, and the difference between right and wrong.
Post script: Cool Story Bro: you might have to look the definition to those words up. I am quite sure you have not studied their meaning in public school. Itís alright, they didnít teach them to me in public school either. My family did. Teach your children these things parents. Otherwise, you destroy what little future we all have left; and you are left with social idiots who make excuses for everyone and their evil transgressions.
do you need attention?=(

every one of your comments has basically done nothing except describe how smart you think you are, and how dumb everyone else is.

the facts still stand: omar was provoked, and acted in self defense. even if it was not a good means of defense, it was still self defense.

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

#46 Dec 10, 2009
WWW wrote:
Please tell me why Chalkley suddenly is willing to try a defendant for their crime. Omar is of Arab descent and I feel that definitely factors into the attorney's decisions.
I think everyone can remember the preacher who left his 3 year old daughter in a car to die and received less than a year of jail time, if any, and 200 hours of community service. Shameful public behavior.
i completely agree, the fact that omar is not white probably plays a large part in this case. i remember hearing a story where a man shot his wife dead in cold blood and got ten years in prison. now they have this case where an arab kid defends himself and they want to put him in prison for life. hanover county.

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

#47 Dec 10, 2009
the video proves austin was wielding a knife at the time he was hit with the axe.
Life Term

Midlothian, VA

#48 Dec 10, 2009
Wow; I don't know how to begin. Our society and our people have degenerated into this slime. "Attention" Cool Story Bro? You have not the time or the intellect to battle wits with me boy. You are a disgrace; and you are not worth the S**T Paper your birth cirtificate is printed on! Sorry, the NCO military experience coming out in me. You want to make a difference boy? Then, you sign up and fight for honor and integrity NOW! You fight for justice and law NOW! You stop making excuses, and begin to be a productive member of society NOW boy! You START RIGHT NOW and fight for your Country!!! You know nothing of sacrifice or honor. How about this liberal idiot; tell me who paid for your right to speak the trash you speak. Tell me why you feel so entitled to speak your will? Tell me why you think you are owed everything? You are welcome you PUNK KID!!! I paid for it. Futhermore; my enitre WHITE Southern HARD Working Confederate American Family paid for it, You Son of a Bitch! You have no right to what we have all paid for! Shut the hell up; and take your unstable, Soulless Muslim friend with you. WHY HAS YOUR GENERATION DISGRACED US ALL???

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

#49 Dec 10, 2009
Life Term wrote:
Wow; I don't know how to begin. Our society and our people have degenerated into this slime. "Attention" Cool Story Bro? You have not the time or the intellect to battle wits with me boy. You are a disgrace; and you are not worth the S**T Paper your birth cirtificate is printed on! Sorry, the NCO military experience coming out in me. You want to make a difference boy? Then, you sign up and fight for honor and integrity NOW! You fight for justice and law NOW! You stop making excuses, and begin to be a productive member of society NOW boy! You START RIGHT NOW and fight for your Country!!! You know nothing of sacrifice or honor. How about this liberal idiot; tell me who paid for your right to speak the trash you speak. Tell me why you feel so entitled to speak your will? Tell me why you think you are owed everything? You are welcome you PUNK KID!!! I paid for it. Futhermore; my enitre WHITE Southern HARD Working Confederate American Family paid for it, You Son of a ****! You have no right to what we have all paid for! Shut the hell up; and take your unstable, Soulless Muslim friend with you. WHY HAS YOUR GENERATION DISGRACED US ALL???
hahah xD i really have enjoyed your comments. tell me more, cool guy? its always funny when racists try to argue their points, because it just doesnt work out for them.

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

#50 Dec 14, 2009
no ones going to take you seriously if you keep ranting that muslims dont have a right to self defense.
LDHS student

Pomona, CA

#51 Dec 21, 2009
I personally think, knowing how austin acts, think that Omar was provoked, but, that Omar acted very innapropriately, i mean mr "cool story bro" do u not realize that austin could have been killed!! and u still say omar is the victim! im not siding with austin,im just trying to say there is a different way to handle things then hit someone in the face with an axe!Austin got his punishment, 120 stitches in his face! Omar needs to be punished and hopefully he can learn to control his anger.
hammer

Richmond, VA

#52 Dec 21, 2009
Life Term wrote:
I cannot believe what I am hearing! Listen up you ignorant racist individuals. For clarification, I am speaking to the Black segment of our society. You are now going to defend an individual who attacked another individual with a lethal weapon, with obvious intent to kill? Moreover, you continue to concern yourselves with why normal society thinks of you as animals? The fact is, racism is acceptable as long as it is directed towards the white man. Is that it? Certainly, we have given you nothing for over 400 years right? You have your idiot in the White House now. What do you have to show for it? What have you done? Why are you people still crying wolf? Why are you still playing the race card. Shut up already!!! We are tired of hearing about it. You make yourselves out to be second class citizens. We don't need to help in the cause, believe me! The majority of your young population are a disgrace on the plight of us all. Get an education and become productive members of society.
obviously you are not a christian. this vile attack upon people of color will not be tolerated in a civilized society. you are a hater and deserve to be isolated to an island by yourself. your comment do not impress at all. you need Jesus along with some professional counseling. hate breeds hate and that curse has followed you into adulthood. you have a deliberate "darth vader" persona.
hammer

Richmond, VA

#53 Dec 21, 2009
Life Term wrote:
Why not address the many points directly Beast? Don't be timid in the quest for truth. Or, would you rather just taunt your P.C. garbage for all to hear? It is much easier that way. I don't blame you for taking the low road Beast. Hold on...Yes I do, you are an ignorant idiot. NOW deny with FACTUAL DATA, your opinons on racism!!! Seems to me Beast (nice call sign), that you and many like you, are intimidated by simple vocabulary words. I have not the time or the inclination to further address false issues. It is what it is pal, we judge accordingly. Grow up, and live a productive life!!!! By the way BELIEVE IT; WE ARE TAKING BACK OUR COMMONWEALTH

--Signed: The Majority
REPENT! or spend a "life term" in hell. all haters will reside in hell.
hammer

Richmond, VA

#54 Dec 21, 2009
LIFE TERM wrote:
Hey Mom of LDHS:
More balanced like Rachel Maddow? Or perhaps Keith Olbermann? Oh wait, I have it, how about Nancy Pelosi? Liberals are all the same. You speak directly from the talking points don't you? By the way Mom; ME THINKS (nice by the way) that you have the wrong idea about our Great Commonwealth. We are not purple. NOVA (or DC annex if you will) is not the final factor with Virginia. I speak truth. The only difference is that I don't mind talking about what most people think. P.S.--I have a BA in History with a minor in Political Science. If you want to talk politics, come prepared! I am an educated conservative. Fact is, this ignorant kid should be tried as an adult. More time equals less crime lady.
whatever school system you teach in should immediately terminate your contract. you have an inherited dis-ease called HATE. your relatives and friends should be very proud of your incurable dis-ease. you need Jesus.
hammer

Richmond, VA

#55 Dec 21, 2009
LIFE TERM wrote:
Ok, Cool Story Bro:
Can you form a collective sentence with substance? I am hesitant to ask of you any further effort, as I am quite positive you are incapable of formulating structured text. Do you have any deep intellect at all? Or is it you are defending a friend? Either way, please refrain from looking like a total idiot when trying to confront an intellectual. My suggestion to you is as follows: Stay in school, and graduate with a standard High School Diploma. Moreover, try not to play with those who have earned a right to participate in civilized society and discussion. Translation: Grow Up Son!
you don't need to insult just return back to craigslist and do all your spewing there. birds of a feather flock together. the devil is in heart and controls your mouth.
hammer

Richmond, VA

#56 Dec 21, 2009
Life Term wrote:
To what degree to you find that I object to a vocabulary word idiot? I am sick and tired of engaging in an open debate with you. You want to call me a racist; I am fine with that. I judge the actions of a group accordingly. The difference between yourself and I is quite simple. I take responsibility for my actions. I hold others accountable for their actions. I care not what sterotype others may place on my person. The fact is, I judge accordignly. If you think that I am damaged by such commentary, you are a larger moron than I initially judged you to be. When you damage the reputation of your family, you damage the reputation of generations of your offspring. Listen up idiot; you are nothing but a vile disgrace to your own family. I wish you to think on that for a while.
hate breeds hate, your manufacturing capacity is working in overload 24-7
hammer

Richmond, VA

#57 Dec 21, 2009
Life Term wrote:
But one thing thou lackiest----------LOVE. The God kind of LOVE(AGAPE). Did your darling parents instll that in you, obviously NO?
hammer

Richmond, VA

#58 Dec 21, 2009
Life Term wrote:
Wow; I don't know how to begin. Our society and our people have degenerated into this slime. "Attention" Cool Story Bro? You have not the time or the intellect to battle wits with me boy. You are a disgrace; and you are not worth the S**T Paper your birth cirtificate is printed on! Sorry, the NCO military experience coming out in me. You want to make a difference boy? Then, you sign up and fight for honor and integrity NOW! You fight for justice and law NOW! You stop making excuses, and begin to be a productive member of society NOW boy! You START RIGHT NOW and fight for your Country!!! You know nothing of sacrifice or honor. How about this liberal idiot; tell me who paid for your right to speak the trash you speak. Tell me why you feel so entitled to speak your will? Tell me why you think you are owed everything? You are welcome you PUNK KID!!! I paid for it. Futhermore; my enitre WHITE Southern HARD Working Confederate American Family paid for it, You Son of a ****! You have no right to what we have all paid for! Shut the hell up; and take your unstable, Soulless Muslim friend with you. WHY HAS YOUR GENERATION DISGRACED US ALL???
if you are not careful self-destruction will be your END. REPENT!

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

#59 Dec 21, 2009
LDHS student wrote:
I personally think, knowing how austin acts, think that Omar was provoked, but, that Omar acted very innapropriately, i mean mr "cool story bro" do u not realize that austin could have been killed!! and u still say omar is the victim! im not siding with austin,im just trying to say there is a different way to handle things then hit someone in the face with an axe!Austin got his punishment, 120 stitches in his face! Omar needs to be punished and hopefully he can learn to control his anger.
i know omar acted inappropriately. this is not the issue. its the fact that hes facing up to life in prison for SELF DEFENSE.
Conservative

Woodstock, GA

#61 Jul 9, 2010
mom of LDHS student wrote:
BTW, Life Term, you are not the majority. Have a little respect for the office of the presidency. Virginia is a purple state. The problem with you far right,conservative extremists is that you are supposed to be Christians. You neither act christian-like nor do you speak intelligently. Fine to disagree with current policy but stop spewing hate. I bet you watch Glen Beck and believe everything he says. Try listening to both sides for a true "fair and balanced" opinion.
Shame on you. I watch all of the shows too. What I see is that liberals like you use every opportunity to politicize everything you can. Why bring Beck or Fox into the discussion? I'll tell you why; you have an axe to grind. Fox has destroyed the liberal domination of news dissemination in our country and liberals HATE that - and Fox - and its viewers.

This case is about a bully who was hit with an axe by the victim. The bully was of course very wrong, but the victim was also very wrong in how he reacted to it. Our laws still apply to all citizens. Even though I feel sorry for the victim of the bullying, he can't hit someone with an axe. If the racial roles were reversed, would you still feel the same way toward the kid who used the axe? Maybe you need to examine your own conscience.
Mom at Hanover

Richmond, VA

#62 Aug 9, 2010
My child overheard the victim talking about it at Hanover. He knows who is to blame in this one. Too bad the kid is now at Hanover. When parents approach the adminisrators about bullying...it should be "0" tolerance and if it continues the police should be involved. This child was not raised with decency. Why are parents consistenly pulling away from saying "no" and trying to empower their kids with everything or nothing. Take them to church once in a while... parents teach your kids the bacics like politeness, kindness for others and respect. Although I do not at all believe what Omar did was right - I wonder how many kids the bully provoked?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 75,000 Pounds Of Squash Spills Onto I-95 In Han... (Apr '13) Apr '13 DANNY PENNELL 1
Taxes (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hanover county va... 1
News Road to Revolution Heritage Trail Growing in VA (Feb '13) Feb '13 Eaglescout1984 1
News Juvenile Victim Injured In Ashland Nightclub Sh... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ivnws4u 2
News Sheriff: Mallory will be charged with Beaverdam... (Feb '12) Feb '12 RoseRed 1
News Robert Wood Jr. found alive on Day 6 of search ... (Oct '11) Nov '11 Glen Allen 3
News Aspects of autism might have helped boy endure (Nov '11) Nov '11 A MOTHER 1
More from around the web