Victim of Ax Attack Testifies in Court - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

A Lee Davis High School student struck in the side of the face with an ax, testified before a Hanover County judge Wednesday that he had no previous interaction with his assailant.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
cbm

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

The video did prove the victim was not provoked!
anon

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Baloney. Austin Mayton is a known bully and his whole group of rednecks harass the other kids at LDHS. I hope Omar stands up for himself and while I hope he accepts his punishment, I hope the judge is lenient.
Life Term

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

I cannot believe what I am hearing! Listen up you ignorant racist individuals. For clarification, I am speaking to the Black segment of our society. You are now going to defend an individual who attacked another individual with a lethal weapon, with obvious intent to kill? Moreover, you continue to concern yourselves with why normal society thinks of you as animals? The fact is, racism is acceptable as long as it is directed towards the white man. Is that it? Certainly, we have given you nothing for over 400 years right? You have your idiot in the White House now. What do you have to show for it? What have you done? Why are you people still crying wolf? Why are you still playing the race card. Shut up already!!! We are tired of hearing about it. You make yourselves out to be second class citizens. We don't need to help in the cause, believe me! The majority of your young population are a disgrace on the plight of us all. Get an education and become productive members of society.
mike

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

"He told the judge it might have been his cell phone or another item but not a weapon of any kind."

haha, what bs. Many people commented that he was taunting them with a knife.
Beast

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Now, I can't believe what I am reading. I am speaking for society in general. Racism is not tolerated, regardless if it is directed toward whites or blacks!!! You... Life Term is garbage yourself the way you are showing your ignorance. Keep your racist comments to yourself and you shut up already!!!
Life Term

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Why not address the many points directly Beast? Don't be timid in the quest for truth. Or, would you rather just taunt your P.C. garbage for all to hear? It is much easier that way. I don't blame you for taking the low road Beast. Hold on...Yes I do, you are an ignorant idiot. NOW deny with FACTUAL DATA, your opinons on racism!!! Seems to me Beast (nice call sign), that you and many like you, are intimidated by simple vocabulary words. I have not the time or the inclination to further address false issues. It is what it is pal, we judge accordingly. Grow up, and live a productive life!!!! By the way BELIEVE IT; WE ARE TAKING BACK OUR COMMONWEALTH

--Signed: The Majority
cbm

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

I watched both the channel 6 and 12 reports, the reporters were obviously disturbed by watching the video. I personally am so sick of the community verbally punishing the victim. Seems society always is looking for a reason to explain why people do bad things so they begin to pic apart the victim. Sad.
The judge obviously does not see things the way Omar's friends do. The judge in this case allowed this to be tried as aggravated malicous wounding and is sending it to a grand jury. That speaks volumes for what the video shows and his belief in the victim's testamony.
TLB

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

That was no cell phone in the "victim's" hand. He is a bully and a liar. I think it is horrible that his face was split open, but eventually bullies have to face the music for years of torture. This is not about black & white as there is no black person involved. I do think racism is involved with the way the papers are handling it. Very one sided and unfair. I hope Omar can get a fair shake at trial and that the victim will change his ways after this, but I doubt it.
anon

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

karma is a b****.... this kid may not have deserved that, but is still lying in court. I think he should get punished too.
Rhino

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

No way the kid didn't taunt the other... not saying he deserved an ax to the head... but he obviously pushed too hard... Life Term is garbage

“FREE OMAR”

Since: Oct 09

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

the people who were with omar when this happened said that austin had a knife. nobody believed them. austin had "a small object" in his hand. what more proof do you need? omar was provoked, austin got exactly what he deserved. and yet he hasnt learned his lesson, him and his friends are still out assaulting people because they dress differently. some people just do not deserve to breathe.

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

Life Term wrote:
I cannot believe what I am hearing! Listen up you ignorant racist individuals. For clarification, I am speaking to the Black segment of our society. You are now going to defend an individual who attacked another individual with a lethal weapon, with obvious intent to kill? Moreover, you continue to concern yourselves with why normal society thinks of you as animals? The fact is, racism is acceptable as long as it is directed towards the white man. Is that it? Certainly, we have given you nothing for over 400 years right? You have your idiot in the White House now. What do you have to show for it? What have you done? Why are you people still crying wolf? Why are you still playing the race card. Shut up already!!! We are tired of hearing about it. You make yourselves out to be second class citizens. We don't need to help in the cause, believe me! The majority of your young population are a disgrace on the plight of us all. Get an education and become productive members of society.
what the hell? this has nothing to do with black people. omar is of arab descent. you sound like the racist one..

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

cbm wrote:
I watched both the channel 6 and 12 reports, the reporters were obviously disturbed by watching the video. I personally am so sick of the community verbally punishing the victim. Seems society always is looking for a reason to explain why people do bad things so they begin to pic apart the victim. Sad.
The judge obviously does not see things the way Omar's friends do. The judge in this case allowed this to be tried as aggravated malicous wounding and is sending it to a grand jury. That speaks volumes for what the video shows and his belief in the victim's testamony.
its so sad that there are so many ignorant people such as you.. omar was the victim here. not austin. omar was obviously provoked with a knife, and now there is indisputable video evidence of it.
rva

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

I find it hard to believe that Austin did nothing here, he's just as guilty as the kid who axed him. Be lenient on Omar, sentence Austin for being a bully and harassing these kids. Looks like he got what he deserved. Noone hits someone else with an ax without being taunted.
concerned mother

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

I don't care if Omar was provoked his actions were very wrong and if he was my child I would think he was in need of psychiatric treatment!!! There are ways to handle situations and there are ways not to handle situations and he choose the wrong way to handle it. He should definitely be punished and I hope if he is not placed in a psychiatric facility he gets the book thrown at him. I am not sure how I would react if Austin was my child but I am sure his parents are besides themselves.

“FREE OMAR”

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Judged:

concerned mother wrote:
I don't care if Omar was provoked his actions were very wrong and if he was my child I would think he was in need of psychiatric treatment!!! There are ways to handle situations and there are ways not to handle situations and he choose the wrong way to handle it. He should definitely be punished and I hope if he is not placed in a psychiatric facility he gets the book thrown at him. I am not sure how I would react if Austin was my child but I am sure his parents are besides themselves.
so you dont care if omar was provoked? what if your child was the one being threatened with a knife?
mom of LDHS student

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Judged:

Me thinks Austin is committing perjury. Has his lawyer advised him of the penalty? The kids know what really happened. My child is aquainted with both, but sides with neither. Sad all the way around. Esp.the racist comments we are hearing.
mom of LDHS student

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

BTW, Life Term, you are not the majority. Have a little respect for the office of the presidency. Virginia is a purple state. The problem with you far right,conservative extremists is that you are supposed to be Christians. You neither act christian-like nor do you speak intelligently. Fine to disagree with current policy but stop spewing hate. I bet you watch Glen Beck and believe everything he says. Try listening to both sides for a true "fair and balanced" opinion.
LIFE TERM

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Hey Mom of LDHS:

More balanced like Rachel Maddow? Or perhaps Keith Olbermann? Oh wait, I have it, how about Nancy Pelosi? Liberals are all the same. You speak directly from the talking points don't you? By the way Mom; ME THINKS (nice by the way) that you have the wrong idea about our Great Commonwealth. We are not purple. NOVA (or DC annex if you will) is not the final factor with Virginia. I speak truth. The only difference is that I don't mind talking about what most people think. P.S.--I have a BA in History with a minor in Political Science. If you want to talk politics, come prepared! I am an educated conservative. Fact is, this ignorant kid should be tried as an adult. More time equals less crime lady.
mom of LDHS student

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

ha ha ha ha ha. LT writes "I have not the time or the inclination to further address false issues." Got your dander up, did I? A little hot under the collar? ha ha ha! As an educated and worldly person such as yourself, surely you've heard the phrase "me thinks" ;) I knew you'd be back! he he he. FYI I watch all the shows, including CNN. I like to have a well-rounded view of current events. I don't like to respond to things in the hasty, emotional and fearful way that some do. You are not jury material. BTW I said nothing about how Omar should be tried or anything about his sentence. reread Termy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover County Discussions

Search the Hanover County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
75,000 Pounds Of Squash Spills Onto I-95 In Han... (Apr '13) Apr '13 DANNY PENNELL 1
Taxes (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hanover county va residen 1
Road to Revolution Heritage Trail Growing in VA (Feb '13) Feb '13 Eaglescout1984 1
Juvenile Victim Injured In Ashland Nightclub Sh... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ivnws4u 2
Sheriff: Mallory will be charged with Beaverdam... (Feb '12) Feb '12 RoseRed 1
Robert Wood Jr. found alive on Day 6 of search ... (Oct '11) Nov '11 Glen Allen 3
Aspects of autism might have helped boy endure (Nov '11) Nov '11 A MOTHER 1
•••
•••