Right of entry signing urged

Right of entry signing urged

There are 5 comments on the The South Mississippi Sun Herald story from May 30, 2006, titled Right of entry signing urged. In it, The South Mississippi Sun Herald reports that:

The deadline for homeowners to have their Katrina-pummeled properties cleaned by government contractors has been extended, according to federal officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The South Mississippi Sun Herald.

Diane Dudley

United States

#1 May 31, 2006
If they (property owners)do not fill out the ROE'S before the deadline, and the County has to condem the property. The County should charge the "clean up" to the property owners taxs. Then if the owners don't pay the clean up/property tax, it (the property) would go up for a "tax sale" to the highest bidder.
RcT

Ackerman, MS

#2 May 31, 2006
Diane Dudley wrote:
If they (property owners)do not fill out the ROE'S before the deadline, and the County has to condem the property. The County should charge the "clean up" to the property owners taxs. Then if the owners don't pay the clean up/property tax, it (the property) would go up for a "tax sale" to the highest bidder.
I'm sorry I don't even know how to respond...
gail from texas

Tomball, TX

#3 May 31, 2006
Diane Dudley wrote:
If you have not been there you have absolutely no idea what you are saying. You can never imagine what these people are up against. The mountains of paperwork and sheer volume of work to do. Imagine your home, your business, your school, your church, the stores, the banks and your city facilities are all gone. Insurance is not paying, calls to agencies are not returned, and someone is saying your property should go to a tax sale to the highest bidder.
RcT Gulfport Ms

Ackerman, MS

#4 May 31, 2006
gail from texas wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have not been there you have absolutely no idea what you are saying. You can never imagine what these people are up against. The mountains of paperwork and sheer volume of work to do. Imagine your home, your business, your school, your church, the stores, the banks and your city facilities are all gone. Insurance is not paying, calls to agencies are not returned, and someone is saying your property should go to a tax sale to the highest bidder.
Thank You!!!They should walk a mile in our shoes and I promise they would not be saying that!!! Highest bidder---whatever
SID HOUSTON TX

Austin, TX

#5 Jun 1, 2006
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? LEACHES!!?? WANTING TO BUY OUR PROPERTY FOR " TAXES " !!! THE CITY IS THE ONE WHO HAS TO O. K. THE DEMO.OF THE HOUSE IN THE FRIST!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hancock County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Foster care in Hancock County bears watching (Sep '16) Aug '17 chance change 3
News Lawsuit: Toddlers sexually assaulted while in H... (Jan '16) Aug '17 darla birdsall 3
News South Mississippi felony arrest mugshots for We... Aug '17 darla birdsall 1
News Officials: Police chief shoots himself just aft... (Sep '16) Sep '16 docmo 2
News Suspect in shootout with deputies facing new fe... (Jun '16) Jun '16 nicole 1
Volunteers needed for HHFBW Women Build 2016: W... (Apr '16) Apr '16 asbigred 1
Hancock County Board of Supervisor's August 25t... (Aug '15) Aug '15 nbf2323 1
More from around the web