What about the forgotten?

Since: Feb 07

Longview, TX

#1 Feb 17, 2007
There seems to be a lot of help arriving in a lot of different directions as far as FEMA, volunteers, grants, various groups, etc. but hasn't anyone other than a few of us noticed something?? If you were someone that tried to do the right thing as far as actually working to pay a mortgage (to provide for your family on your own), did not receive state services (you were/are self supportive), had some insurance (not enough to cover your mortgage, much less your losses), you are totally screwed! Of course now, so far I haven't ran into nearly as many of this type of people and maybe that's the problem. There's not nearly as many of them as there are those falling on the other side of the situation, so no one cares. I just think it's time for someone to notice that there are those of us out here that were trying to do all the right things in life and because of it we're being completely cast aside. Most all of us in this position were denied by FEMA and the grant program and have had to settle with SBA loans that have gotten us so far into debt that it's not funny, not to mention what the insurances around here have gone up to for those of us actually carrying insurance while others have gotten lots from FEMA, various groups, the grant and more. Personally, I think this sends a huge message about Mississippi to everyone, "If you want come out on top: don't be a responsible citizen, don't carry insurance of any type, and you will come out better off than you could possibly imagine." I know more people than I can count on both hands now that have new vehicles, new homes (some with homes even given to them, if not the home, then everything they needed to rebuild it), FEMA money, grant money, money from various organizations that they have been able to put aside since they were already given everything they needed and are still getting handouts. These are people that throughout the years said they weren't wasting their money on insurances, fixing up their delapidated homes and things such as that and boy oh boy has it ever paid off for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hancock County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in shootout with deputies facing new fe... Jun 21 nicole 1
Volunteers needed for HHFBW Women Build 2016: W... Apr '16 asbigred 1
News Lawsuit: Toddlers sexually assaulted while in H... Jan '16 Lila Vana 2
Hancock County Board of Supervisor's August 25t... (Aug '15) Aug '15 nbf2323 1
News Waveland padlocks hurricane museum (Feb '15) Feb '15 downsouth 2
News Former Diamondhead POA president convicted of s... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Jim 2
News Foster crisis dominates talk around Hancock Co.... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Courtney Beckham 1
More from around the web