Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2007

In reading through the local news earlier this afternoon I think I might have found a simple answer to a lot of questions no one has seem to be able to completely answer for me. Isn't it wonderful to discover that George Dale raised about 40 percent of his campaign funds last year from insurers and others with ties to the industry. I also read the following: Some of George Dale's critics claim he hasn't been a forceful advocate for consumers after Katrina, but George Dale has suggested he is a scapegoat for frustrated homeowners who don't fully understand what authority he has to regulate the companies. I can only suspect that his statement has frustrated more than just myself and those I have spoke with so far. How can our government allow someone that is voted into office to help protect and serve us receive support funds from those very people they are meant to be monitoring for our protection? Just how is what he is doing right now as far as all the different policies we now have to carry helping anyone other than the insurance companies? So many people are being forced to go through the "state" insurances for wind and residential and the premiums are through the roof! I only hope many others don't have the experiences what we are currently going through. All the checking and rechecking in the world does not help if you are rebuilding here as we have now done. And let me just give you a little heads up on something else for those of you that don't know yet.... If you are quoted an amount for your policy, you pay it in full and get your policy in hand... they can still change it on you and add thousands of dollars to it after the fact if one single thing was entered wrong on their part at any given time or apparently if a rating changes! I can only wonder if George Dale is doing as much for us as what is claimed, why is everyones insurance policies I have seen in Louisiana way cheeper than here in Mississippi? Some of these are people that had big losses and their policies have only went up $400.00-$1,000.00.

To me it is just simply amazing that the United States can continue to send billions of dollars to other countries to help the people there and even give to people in this country that are not even trying to help themselves but will not do anything to help the hard working middle class people that are trying to pay their own way and rebuild their lives and homes from being victimized over and again.

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2007

I'm not certain what the reason is for my post showing I am in Houston,TX but I can assure you that I am unfortunately at this time located right here in Hancock County in the middle of the second biggest nightmare of my life.

Since: Feb 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2007

I know exactly what you're talking about if not more. After I got to looking into my insurance I found out I didn't have nearly the coverage my agent was claiming I did. With all of the numbers and letters they put at the bottom of the pages calling them endorsements how is one to know. Everytime I asked for a copy of something explaining everything I get told it's in the mail or you'll have to wait until the main company gets it to you, only to never get it. Anything can be claimed when there's no proof. I've talked to alot of people with this problem and don't understand how so many can be getting totally screwed over and no body with the power is doing a thing about it. It's not like they don't know anything about it. We all know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••