Man Facing Theft Charges; Couple Clai...

Man Facing Theft Charges; Couple Claims He Scammed Them

There are 37 comments on the WTVC story from Jan 15, 2010, titled Man Facing Theft Charges; Couple Claims He Scammed Them. In it, WTVC reports that:

Andrea Rice and her brother Cody Mikel before moving to their Hixson home, Kevin Thibault pretended to rent them another house in Soddy Daisy but stole their money instead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy

Lyme, NH

#23 Mar 30, 2013
I'm am so happy to see that this worthless piece of crap is behind bars and hopefully the legal system will keep him there for a while! He is a dangerous man, even though he hasn't "killed" anyone, he could take you for everything you own. He truly is the definition of a sociopath.
Happy

Lyme, NH

#24 Mar 30, 2013
Thank you btw Knoxville chick for keeping everyone up to date. He has quite a history in NH in case your interested.
disgusted

Hixson, TN

#25 Jul 26, 2013
and he's out and in Chattanooga, TN hunting for the next victim at AA meetings.....
Corey

Exeter, NH

#26 Aug 11, 2013
You all know a bleeped up person. What I can tell you is my parents adopted him when I was in the fourth grade and he was in the sixth. My parents gave him more of an opportunity than he ever had in his life. He was diabolical from a young age. Always charming, always stealing, always needed to be bigger than he really was. It is sad, he was a friend of mine once. Some days I truly wish I still had a brother, but he would scam me in a minute, I know that. I haven't seen him in 13 years. Funny how life happens.
Corey

Exeter, NH

#27 Aug 11, 2013
Sadly, I know him as my step brother. He has been this way since he was as kid. My parents took him in when he was 11 years old and he was stealing from them and me then. Some times people are just born a certain way. This is one of those cases. It is sad, anyone who has been scammed by him, knows he can be a charming person. He was the same way when he was 11.
Wade

Kingsport, TN

#28 Sep 21, 2013
He tormented my family for over a year by posing as an attorney. He falsified legal paperwork and ultimately stole over $300k by pulling at my families heart strings. He finally slipped up and gave his real name to me (I had googled what I thought was his real name before with no luck) and I was able to find out just what kind of person he is. I was able to immediately contact BCSO and he was arrested in just a couple of days. Hopefully people will continue to come forward and file new charges against him so we can put him away for a long time.
I would like to know more about how he scammed others so please keep posting.
Curious

Johnson City, TN

#29 Sep 22, 2013
Has he ever used the name Simon Adams? Does he speak with an accent? Does he use Skype and overseas telephone numbers?
Jail

Lenexa, KS

#30 Sep 23, 2013
Is he still in jail?
Wade

Kingsport, TN

#31 Sep 23, 2013
Jail wrote:
Is he still in jail?
Yes - he's in prison in Monroe County, TN on violation of parole for doing the same thing in Hamilton County, TN. Hopefully he will be sentenced soon for the crimes committed here in East TN as well.
His world is small

Hendersonville, TN

#32 Dec 10, 2013
Corey, I have only heard stories about you. I don't even know if they are true.

and "Curious", I can almost guarantee you that he has not used an accent or the name "Simon Adams". The reason being is like Kevin, most psychopaths don't see what they are doing as "wrong" like you and me. So he would not so deliberately change his name. Also, they like to be caught. It's attention and any and all attention is accepted.

If you question what I am saying just know that I am one of his sons... and what he did to me can never be forgiven. I am shocked that he is still alive.
happy

Claremont, NH

#33 Feb 12, 2014
www.thedailytimes.com/.../Attorney-I-can-do-t... ;

Check it out. Nice photo of him in his jail pjs
dave37664

Kingsport, TN

#34 Jul 24, 2014
I can guarantee you he's in prison. Was there myself. Scammed me for almost $300. Said his wife was working in Rhode island and he'd have her repay soon as he was able to talk to her. Then said he owned a tattoo shop in Knoxville and the guy he had running it was gonna send it to me. Needless to say I never got it. Ran his game on a few others. Got the crap beat out of him. He curenly enjoying protective custody at tcix. That's a prison right outside of Nashville.
Happy

Charlestown, NH

#36 Oct 9, 2014
Looks like he has gone and messed with the big dogs. Hope he actually spends a good amount of time in jail this time! Check out the link below for the latest on his criminal activity.

http://www.fbi.gov/knoxville/press-releases/2...
what happened

Clifton Springs, NY

#37 Jan 23, 2015
Knoxville chick wrote:
His court date in Blount county is May 10, 2013. I know I will be there.
What ever happened with the courts. Is he in jail?
happy

Charlestown, NH

#38 Mar 3, 2015
what happened wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever happened with the courts. Is he in jail?
http://www.fbi.gov/knoxville/press-releases/2...

check out this link
what happened

Brookline, MA

#40 Aug 6, 2015
Kevin Scott Thibault Sentenced For Forgery Of Signature Of A U.S. District Court Judge And Mail Fraud

Posted on 12.26.14

On Dec. 18, 2014, Knoxville resident Kevin Scott Thibault, 49, was sentenced to 60 months in prison for forgery and 72 months for mail fraud. He was also ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $380,340.12 and given three years of probation upon release. Thibault pled guilty to forging the signatures of U.S. District Judge Thomas A. Varlan and U.S. District Court Officer Kathy Keeton, and to creating fake adoption papers which he presented to the individuals while posing as an attorney. He demanded power of attorney from the individuals, which actually allowed him to make financial transactions from their accounts. Through this scam, he gained at least $400,000 from the individuals.
Cody mickel

Signal Mountain, TN

#41 Jun 28, 2016
Any new news?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Sat Oh ok 9,763
News Harvey Facing Burglary Charges In East Ridge (Dec '11) Dec '16 EyeInTheSkyy 42
Poll The Hamilton County 2015 WWTA - Water and Waste... (Jan '16) Nov '16 ric 2
News Woman Found Dead Inside Burning Home On Bates P... Oct '16 17ajenn 1
Hamilton County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest R... Oct '16 James 2
THP  Khalat Ghazi (Nov '14) Jun '16 Greg00 7
News Parents Speak out about Ooltewah Basketball Ass... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Motherof2 3
More from around the web