Man Accused of Raping Sleepwalking Woman

Man Accused of Raping Sleepwalking Woman

There are 26 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 21, 2007, titled Man Accused of Raping Sleepwalking Woman. In it, Newsday reports that:

A homeless man was indicted Tuesday on charges that he raped a college student while she was sleepwalking along a highway near her home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lv toilet

Washington, DC

#27 Nov 21, 2007
great now this homeless dude has a place to stay on the tax payers.
get real

Boca Raton, FL

#28 Nov 21, 2007
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>As if you don't lie there like a dog waiting for it to be over ...
Why would someone bother to have sex if they feel that way? Just say no.

Since: May 07

Whitehall, PA

#29 Nov 21, 2007
walt disney wrote:
how do you rape someone that is sleeping. are they not suppose to be awake. isn't that what sex is all about
Obviously you don't have much experience with sleep disorders. People do many things they are unaware of while their brains are still in sleep mode.
OK Terrific

Emmaus, PA

#30 Nov 21, 2007
Feed the Fish wrote:
The NO LIFE deviant rapist and BS defense attorney both need death by GREAT WHITE SHARK. They are garbage.
Saves Millions $$$$ in taxpayer money and is appropriate justice for both I would conclude.
Why infect a perfectly good shark?
J_Gonzalez

Gainesville, FL

#31 Nov 21, 2007
Yea sleep walking on a highway sounds a bit far fetched, youd think getting raped would wake you up.

Possibly coulda been wasted? Or just another bad day for the makers of Ambien.

Either way i feel bad for her since the guy is HIV+, thats terrible
www.hdtv-information.net - HDTV Information for consumers
Sheik Yiboudi

Enfield, CT

#34 Nov 21, 2007
J_Gonzalez wrote:
Yea sleep walking on a highway sounds a bit far fetched, youd think getting raped would wake you up.
Possibly coulda been wasted? Or just another bad day for the makers of Ambien.
Either way i feel bad for her since the guy is HIV+, thats terrible
www.hdtv-information.net - HDTV Information for consumers
She did wake up during the attack (allegedly). It said so in the article.

Also, I am not a sleepwalker, but I am a very heavy sleeper. I live next door to a fire station, and I sleep through the nightly sirens. I have slept through countless screaming matches between my neighbors in an apartment building where the walls are incredible thin. I have even fallen asleep at concert when not under the influence of anything. The attack happened around 3:30 in the morning. There is not a whole ton of highway traffic at 3:30 am. Even if there were, I'm sure that if I was a sleepwalker, I could easily walk down a highway without waking up. I think this story is completely plausible, however I cannot make a judgment until all of the facts come out.

Additionally, rape is rape. It doesn't matter if she was sleepwalking or completely awake. If it turns out that the claim is valid, it shouldn't matter if she was sleepwalking or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Build a college in Hamilton County (Mar '14) Mar '14 Pete 1
News New York unemployment rate 7.7 percent in April (May '09) Oct '11 A2H-Jobs 2
News Rooftop highway gains support (Mar '10) Mar '10 not so stupid 2
News Census estimates show continued decline upstate (Mar '10) Mar '10 liner 2
News NY unemployment rate reaches 8.7 percent (Jul '09) Aug '09 Straight Shooter 9
News Hiker reported missing in central Adirondacks (Nov '08) Nov '08 jack ruby 1
News Search continues for missing hiker (Oct '08) Oct '08 Swinson 2
More from around the web