Nichols will be charged as an adult

Nichols will be charged as an adult

There are 16 comments on the Kokomo Tribune story from Feb 4, 2008, titled Nichols will be charged as an adult. In it, Kokomo Tribune reports that:

After nine months of court hearings, Tipton County resident Aaron Nichols, 21, was waived into adult court on six charges of child molestation in Tipton and Hamilton counties. via Kokomo Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kokomo Tribune.

just a thought

AOL

#1 Feb 5, 2008
yeah lets put a guilty child molester back on the street, he doesn't need any punishment. Knowing Judge Nation and Hamilton county his community service will have sometime to do with children
carmel mom

AOL

#2 Feb 5, 2008
Probation!!! This is an injustice to our communities. There should be no question as to why people have lost faith in the legal system. Looks like this criminal is the only one with rights..........what about our children!! This judge should have his/her children spend the weekend with this molester.
Hoosier-American

AOL

#3 Feb 5, 2008
How is it a 21 year old guy can have sex with children...and he has supporters?!?!? If that was my "friend", I'd have cut his nut*s off myself.
Jim Dandy

AOL

#4 Feb 5, 2008
Was Aaron's Den the basement of the funeral home?
betrayed

United States

#5 Feb 5, 2008
Who says he has supporters?
Sychair

AOL

#6 Feb 6, 2008
Why no picture in Tipton paper?
mrrandom no name

United States

#8 Mar 3, 2008
does any body have a picture of the accused cuz if its the guy im thinking of........then he goes to marian college and he lives on campus so this is some shit i need to know for my child to remain safe at all times........and he does fit the profile of someone who would parttake of such activities
betrayed

Beech Grove, IN

#9 Apr 12, 2008
mrrandom no name wrote:
does any body have a picture of the accused cuz if its the guy im thinking of........then he goes to marian college and he lives on campus so this is some shit i need to know for my child to remain safe at all times........and he does fit the profile of someone who would parttake of such activities
Yes, he goes there. You need to protect your child. It is only a matter of time before he strikes again. E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to know more.
confused

AOL

#10 Jun 22, 2008
If it is the same person, He plays Football, at Marian.
tired of molesters

Bloomington, IN

#11 Jun 24, 2008
The below article happened just last year. It involves the same Defense attorney, same Prosecution, and same Judge. This guy had ONLY one Class C !!! Aaron has 3 B's and 3 C's. NOW YOU FOLKS DECIDE....something smells rotten to me! The legal system makes no sense. They should be consistent in the punishment ruling! That is WHY people's voices need heard...these children's voices need heard!

(I tried to copy the picture...but it didn't come through. To view it - google his name)

Child molester sentenced to 4 years
Written by Rebecca L. Sandlin
Tuesday, 06 November 2007

Convicted child molester Timothy W. Moore, 32, of Cicero was sentenced Monday to four years in the Indiana Department of Correction.

Moore Moore was convicted by a jury Sept. 26 on one count of child molestation, a Class C felony. The same jury found Moore not guilty on another Class C count and was hung on a third count, a Class A felony.

In a sentencing deal reached between the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office and defense attorney James Crum, Moore accepted an eight-year sentence – the stiffest penalty for a Class C felony charge – in exchange for Deputy Prosecutor Stephanie Smith’s agreement to forgo filing the Class A charge against him a second time.

“Mr. Moore has continued to maintain his innocence,” Crum said.“We certainly want the opportunity to save both families from going through the risk of a trial again.”

Hamilton Circuit Court Judge Judith Proffitt sentenced Moore to a total of eight years: four to be spent in the Department of Correction, two years on work release and two years on probation. He must also register as a sex offender within seven days after he is released from incarceration. Moore also gave up his right to appeal the sentence by accepting the agreement, in lieu of further prosecution.

The victim, who was 5 years old when the incidents occurred between October 2004 and August, 2005, sat in the courtroom during the sentencing hearing with her father and family on one side; Moore’s family sat across the aisle.

“I trusted this man with my daughter, and it wound up almost killing both of us,” her father told Judge Proffitt.“I’ll never trust him again.”

Moore did not make a statement in court Monday.
Sgt

AOL

#12 Jun 25, 2008
If you commit a crime in Tipton you walk free
notblindtothetru th

Rushville, IN

#13 Jun 29, 2008
When are people in Tipton gonna wake up and revolt? The "system" needs to come down starting with the Nichols!
For the Children

AOL

#14 Jun 30, 2008
The media is reporting that the Prosecutor is doing what the victims want. THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

I sure wish the reporter was standing there so they could have written EXACTLY the comments of the Prosecutor as she is ARGUING with these parents! As the debate continued, the Prosecutor told the parents that she thought she was giving them closure because the victims and the supporters have been demanding something be done for a long time, and now she doesn’t understand why they are angry when she IS getting it solved quickly instead of dragging it to trial.

The parents, devastated and confused, argued back saying that YES, they wanted this nightmare to end, but giving him no punishment is NO JUSTICE.

The prosecutor told the parents that she thought the plea was punishment!

THE PARENTS HAVE MADE IT CLEAR FROM THE BEGINNING THAT THEY WOULD SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN SOME JAIL TIME AND LIFETIME ON THE REGISTRY!!!!! THE PARENTS FIRMLY ARGUED BACK THAT THESE CHILDREN ARE PREPARED TO GO TO TRIAL & HAVE TOLD HER ALL ALONG !!

Even at the waiver hearing last year, I witnessed a mother of a victim state on the witness stand that her son does not want Aaron to EVER hurt another child and she said that her son was ready to testify! I heard that with my own two ears as did the Prosecutor & Judge! Another statement the Prosecutor said was that these parents would not have even known had Aaron not come forward and told what he did to their children…..like Aaron did these parents some kind of favor????? OH MY GOSH!

Sadly….these parents walked away thinking they were just having a conversation with THE DEFENSE ATTORNEY!!!!!!
How can this be

Lisle, IL

#15 Jul 1, 2008
Am I getting this right? A prosecutor in Tipton knew about this for over a year and didn't do anything about it? Why hasn't he been disciplined?

The dad knew and told the son not to tell about the others? Why no charges against the dad too?

Someone who has confessed to molesting children may get no time because his family had the money to hire some expensive lawyers?

The prosecutor in Hamilton County has agreed to this plea bargain? Isn't she supposed to be FOR the victims?

How can this be?
Diagnosis

AOL

#16 Jul 3, 2008
The system sucks and so does Aaron
william earl

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jul 8, 2008
and people like can go to college??? well isnt
special,,, wonder how the college feels about this now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man accused of severely beating wife (Sep '08) Jan '17 Dac 2
News Vigo County voter turnout third lowest in state Dec '16 ron 1
Hamilton County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests R... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Vic 2
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Lavon Affair 2
News Subway franchiser agrees to $50,000 settlement ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Star On The Ugly Hamilton County GOP Chairman Race (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lincoln Fibness 1
News Hamilton County judge dismisses 6 of 9 cases in... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web