Dashcam video shows ambush on Fortville police officer

There are 3 comments on the Jul 29, 2012, FOX59.com story titled Dashcam video shows ambush on Fortville police officer. In it, FOX59.com reports that:

Ever since late Friday night investigators have asked, "Why did James Roscoe Lockhart III fire on a Fortville police officer?" A Fox 59 News investigation, and a police search of Lockhart's car, provides the answers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX59.com.

John Bowman

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 3, 2012
What was a Fortville police office doing at 79yh and caroll rd? Also, the guys tailights clearly worked.. The lens was busted, but the tail light worked.. you can see that from the dashcam.. I do feel bad for the office for being shot, and yes this man needed to be killed, or put in jail for attempting to kill this officer, but getting pulled over for a cracked tailigh lens is so petty.. Also, after someone attempts to run from you wouldn't you have your gun drawn the second they pull over in case they do get out of the car and start shooting?! I see mutiple flaws with what the officer did, but granted nothing worth getting shot at for.. I do believe it is time for the Fortville PD to stop harassing.. Isnt this the officer that had the article about him pulling over so many people? Then the man wonders why he is so hated... However, I do hope and pray for a speedy recovery for him, and I am happy things did not turn out worse.
Fville

Fishers, IN

#2 Aug 3, 2012
John Bowman wrote:
What was a Fortville police office doing at 79yh and caroll rd? Also, the guys tailights clearly worked.. The lens was busted, but the tail light worked.. you can see that from the dashcam.. I do feel bad for the office for being shot, and yes this man needed to be killed, or put in jail for attempting to kill this officer, but getting pulled over for a cracked tailigh lens is so petty.. Also, after someone attempts to run from you wouldn't you have your gun drawn the second they pull over in case they
do get out of the car and start shooting?! I see mutiple flaws with what the officer did, but granted nothing worth getting shot at for.. I do believe it is time for the Fortville PD to stop harassing.. Isnt this the officer that had the article about him pulling over so many people? Then the man wonders why he is so hated... However, I do hope and pray for a speedy recovery for him, and I am happy things did not turn out worse.

He clearly did everything right! He did have his gun drawn when the guy stopped the first time and he was waiting for backup then the guy ran again. If you watch the video the guy was already out walkimg and shooting before he got totally turned. The first shot hit him and knocked him out. So please tell me how you could draw yur weapon when u get ambushed like that. This officer did everything by the books that he was supposed to do. It just goes to show you that you can do everything perfect amd still get hurt in this line of work. He was working the road for the state not for fortville. He was looking for intoxicated drivers. The best way for getting drugs or drunks is to pull over every car that is violating the law even if it's something as small as a tail light... He would've just got a warning because the primary objective was to get owi's off the road. Please know something about the situation before you go and say stuff that makes you look like a moron.:)
HAha

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 6, 2012
What? A fortville cop working for the state? explain?
Fville wrote:
<quoted text>
He clearly did everything right! He did have his gun drawn when the guy stopped the first time and he was waiting for backup then the guy ran again. If you watch the video the guy was already out walkimg and shooting before he got totally turned. The first shot hit him and knocked him out. So please tell me how you could draw yur weapon when u get ambushed like that. This officer did everything by the books that he was supposed to do. It just goes to show you that you can do everything perfect amd still get hurt in this line of work. He was working the road for the state not for fortville. He was looking for intoxicated drivers. The best way for getting drugs or drunks is to pull over every car that is violating the law even if it's something as small as a tail light... He would've just got a warning because the primary objective was to get owi's off the road. Please know something about the situation before you go and say stuff that makes you look like a moron.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hamilton County judge dismisses 6 of 9 cases in... Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Excise officer arrested on suspicion of DWI (Oct '14) Oct '14 No Surprise 10
Hackers or Lawyers (Apr '14) Apr '14 Charges 3
News Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested on DUI charges (Mar '14) Mar '14 Money Talks In In... 6
News Sex charges fly in Menard-Hilbert legal battle (Jun '13) Nov '13 GAURD SHACK POST2 6
News How the Brizzi public-corruption case unraveled (Nov '13) Nov '13 ima hoosier 4
News Document reveals how bribery of former Marion C... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Moe 1
More from around the web