Mayor dares us to vote him out or mov...

Mayor dares us to vote him out or move out

There are 9 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 12, 2007, titled Mayor dares us to vote him out or move out. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

I received my absentee ballot in the mail the same day the mayor's income tax hike took effect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Jay

Plainfield, IN

#1 Oct 12, 2007
"May call for a change" ?

Peterson will win 56-44. Black people will vote for him 90-10 and he knows that. He could set puppies on fire on Monument Circle and still win the race.

Good job, Republicans, maybe next time nominate someone that is a little more well known ?

*I* am better known than Ballard !
DRB

Louisville, KY

#3 Oct 12, 2007
If people do not vote Peterson out then they deserve the higher taxes and corruption.
JJJ

Louisville, KY

#4 Oct 12, 2007
Jay wrote:
"May call for a change" ?
Peterson will win 56-44. Black people will vote for him 90-10 and he knows that. He could set puppies on fire on Monument Circle and still win the race.
Good job, Republicans, maybe next time nominate someone that is a little more well known ?
*I* am better known than Ballard !
HAHA. You may be right. You probably are better known than Ballard - I still haven't seen his picture anywhere and I watch the local news and read this newspaper everyday. AND I know absolutely nothing about his policy ideas. I haven't gone looking for it but neither has it been presented to me.
JJJ

Louisville, KY

#5 Oct 12, 2007
DRB wrote:
If people do not vote Peterson out then they deserve the higher taxes and corruption.
Whoever is the next mayor will likely have to keep the higher taxes (income). It's a no-win situation. The situation in Indy requires higher taxes to solve it. The state needs to work on the property tax issue. The mayor just doesn't have enough control to do anything about it. Cutting spending in Indy is a possibility, but that will likely require further consolidation of township offices and services - many who call for lower taxes also are unwilling to not consolidate. You can't have both.
Percy

Carmel, IN

#6 Oct 12, 2007
Bart lied. People cried.
Lies

Fishers, IN

#7 Oct 12, 2007
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA. You may be right. You probably are better known than Ballard - I still haven't seen his picture anywhere and I watch the local news and read this newspaper everyday. AND I know absolutely nothing about his policy ideas. I haven't gone looking for it but neither has it been presented to me.
Good to see you take such a deep interest in local government and the future of your city.

Don't you understand that the big dollar GOP guys are in bed with Peterson and that's why Ballard is getting so little GOP financial support.

It is shameful. Ballard is a great guy and he's all for total repeal of propety tax.
Bart stinks

United States

#8 Oct 12, 2007
JJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever is the next mayor will likely have to keep the higher taxes (income). It's a no-win situation. The situation in Indy requires higher taxes to solve it. The state needs to work on the property tax issue. The mayor just doesn't have enough control to do anything about it. Cutting spending in Indy is a possibility, but that will likely require further consolidation of township offices and services - many who call for lower taxes also are unwilling to not consolidate. You can't have both.
The property tax fiasco is not the state's creation and it is not the state's responsibility to solve it. The only way to reduce property taxes to a reasonable level is to cut spending. As for eliminating townships, I think a better solution is to eliminate Indianapolis and let the townships run things. Indianapolis' local government is as corrupt as it can get.
Tired

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Oct 13, 2007
So depressed. I want Bart out, but there is no other good choice stepping up to the plate and making his/her good ideas clear to the public. I fear Bart will win again - - not because he deserves to - but, because people have no other good choice for which to vote. I also agree with the last comment that our local government is as corrupt as it gets. I really think this city is toast. So sad.
Chuck Marlow

San Diego, CA

#10 Oct 14, 2007
Mayor has no choice but to follow through with more of same, more taxes. He is simply following UN Agenda 21 policy, "Smart growth" initiative, his hand is all out of face cards. Can no longer able to dazzle with brillance, so he MUST baffle with BS. This will work in many cases,especially when electorate is confused and uninformed.
This will be interesting election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man accused of severely beating wife (Sep '08) Jan '17 Dac 2
News Vigo County voter turnout third lowest in state Dec '16 ron 1
Hamilton County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests R... Oct '16 Vic 2
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Lavon Affair 2
News Subway franchiser agrees to $50,000 settlement ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Star On The Ugly Hamilton County GOP Chairman Race (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lincoln Fibness 1
News Hamilton County judge dismisses 6 of 9 cases in... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web